Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-05-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    :cry: :oops: :cry: Well I really overdid it. I went out Friday night to celebrate and then yesterday DH brings home Mandarin/Chinese food for dinner and it was so good. Got on the scales this morning and it showed that I had gained back 5 lbs in just those 2 days. So it is back to the new way of eating that my son came up with for me. I had been so good all of last month, but wasted alot of my efforts in the last 2 days. My new mantra is "if I want to lose the weight I have to exercise and stick with the new way to eat", no exceptions. :cry:
    It may be the salt in the food and it's water. OOPs, just read the next post, they said the same thing.

You need to drink water, not soda, tea etc. I was told you should drink half you weight in oz per day of water. For example if you weight 250, you should be drinking about 125 oz of water. (Check with your Dr.) If you have additives in your water your body to break these down first. In order to burn fat you need water in the fat buring cycle.
    Old 09-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Drink lots of water. You probably ate more salt than usual so you need to flush it out. Chinese food has a lot of salt.
    Old 09-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by grandme26
    Drink lots of water. You probably ate more salt than usual so you need to flush it out. Chinese food has a lot of salt.
    Judy,

Since you were a nurse I am wondering something about the water drinking issue. If you should drink half your body weight in ounces of water then that would mean that I need to drink around 210 ounces of water. That seems like a TON of water. I am currently drinking about 60-80 ounces (3-4 20 ounce bottles).

I am a bit nervous about this. Would you shed some light for me about the water thing? Thank you!

Missy
    Old 09-05-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58
    Originally Posted by bronald
    I'm off to a good start today. I had such a yummy breakfast egg white muffins, toast and 1/2 pear. 2 cups of water. 187 cal.
    I feel full and I'm ready to get on with my day. I hope everyone has a great day.
    What are eggwhite muffins? How do you make them?
    They are made with finely chopped veggies your choice(zucchini, broccoli,onion,carrot,peppers,mushrooms etc.)add Mrs dash or seasoning of your choice. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full, add 1/4 cup egg whites. Top with about 1 tsp. low fat sharp cheddar cheese. Bake 350 for about 15-17 minutes. 40 cal. each.
    Spray your muffin tin with pam.
    Old 09-05-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    bronald, I started using the recipe section, I like that! Thanks, I never would have explored that feature if you hadn't mentioned it.

I plan my cheats, that way I don't feel like I have failed.
    I love the recipe section. I eat mostly vegetarian and cook everything from scratch. So the only way I can tell how many calories I eat is to use this.
    It's not cheating if it fits into your diet I save calories if I have a birthday or somthing and want a small piece of cake or want to go out for dinner etc.
    Old 09-05-2010, 06:03 PM

I'm off to a good start today. I had such a yummy breakfast egg white muffins, toast and 1/2 pear. 2 cups of water. 187 cal.
    I feel full and I'm ready to get on with my day. I hope everyone has a great day.
    They are made with finely chopped veggies your choice(zucchini, broccoli,onion,carrot,peppers,mushrooms etc.)add Mrs dash or seasoning of your choice. Fill muffin cups about 1/2 full, add 1/4 cup egg whites. Top with about 1 tsp. low fat sharp cheddar cheese. Bake 350 for about 15-17 minutes. 40 cal. each.
    Oh YUMM-O Bronald! Love the recipe. I will have to try this. Not only is there only 40 calories but think of the good protein you are getting. You are a smart cookie. OOPS. Did I just say cookie? Bad bad Missy! *snort*

Missy
    Old 09-05-2010, 07:35 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Oh YUMM-O Bronald! Love the recipe. I will have to try this. Not only is there only 40 calories but think of the good protein you are getting. You are a smart cookie. OOPS. Did I just say cookie? Bad bad Missy! *snort*

Missy
    Missy I'll have a cookie, pass me one!!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 04:39 AM

Just keep swimming, just keep swimmimg. My kids say that when it gets tough its from Finding Nemo. One of my goles this time is to not let disapointments throw me off. This is life and it will happen. I Had two cookies a glass of milk and a handful of chips last night. But I told myself, that I stoped at 2 cookies and a handful of chips so that was some controle and I'm proud of that. There was a time when I would say might as well eat another cause I blow it, but NOt the new me. The new me says Just keep swimming.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I am disappointed. I did EVERYTHING I should. I weighed and measured, counted calories. EVERTHING was perfect, perfect, perfect. Sunday is my cheat day. I was going to have pancakes for breakfast Today was weigh in I just knew I had to lose something since I was so good all week. How exciting to get on the scale, would it be 1&1/2 lbs?? 2 would be better. I lost nothing, nada, ubupcus(SP?). I had oatmeal for breakfast instead. (sigh)
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:26 AM

that is so funny that you kids say that yvonne. I say that also. it is a cute saying. it also helps to remember not to get bogged down in the mundane and bummers of everyday life.
    Old 09-06-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
    Missy I'll have a cookie, pass me one!!!!
    You got it girlfriend!

Missy