Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-06-2010, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by grannie-k
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I am disappointed. I did EVERYTHING I should. I weighed and measured, counted calories. EVERTHING was perfect, perfect, perfect. Sunday is my cheat day. I was going to have pancakes for breakfast Today was weigh in I just knew I had to lose something since I was so good all week. How exciting to get on the scale, would it be 1&1/2 lbs?? 2 would be better. I lost nothing, nada, ubupcus(SP?). I had oatmeal for breakfast instead. (sigh)
    Do you do your measurements each month? sometimes there isn't a change on the scale but your body is changing and you can feel it in your clothes or see the change that way. don't get discouraged it will show.
    Measurements are the best way for me to see that I have lost weight. Yeah, the scales show I have lost weight but I do not see it or cannot see it. So, having my mom take my measurements really really helps.

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 07:59 AM

I didn't do to well Sun. But the nice thing about messing up, is the only alternative left is up!

I kept up the exercise, walking, swimming and biking, but I went over my caloric limit. I generally catch the fact I'm going to consume to many calories as I moniter my calories before I eat them, this time I inputted the information after I ate. I thought about purging, but I've been down that road before, and I don't want to start that again, so I'll just have to accept it.

I've increased the the distance I walk, by about .5 mile. I can't do that during the week, as I have time restraints, but I can on the weekend.

I enjoy taking the dogs out for their walk. I've seen a lot of snakes the last month. I walked within about a yard of a rattlesnake. It was half in a bush and on the ground. I looking a bit closer at where I walk now.
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I didn't do to well Sun. But the n9ce thing about messing up, is the only alternative left is up!

I kept up the exercise, walking, swimming and biking, but I went over my caloric limit. I generally catch the fact I'm going to consume to many calories as I moniter my calories before I eat them, this time I inputted the information after I ate. I thought about purging, but I've been down that road before, and I don't want to start that again, so I'll just have to accept it.

I've increased the the distance I walk, by about .5 mile. I can't do that during the week, as I have time restraints, but I can on the weekend.

I enjoy taking the dogs out for their walk. I've seen a lot of snakes the last month. I walked within about a yard of a rattlesnake. It was half in a bush and on the ground. I looking a bit closer at where I walk now.
    Carol,

Today is a new day. You will do better today, I can just feel it. You are an exercising wonder woman! Yay for you!

As far as those snakes go.....EWWW! Rattlesnakes are a bit too grumpy for me. Nah. You can have them on your walks. I will just walk in the safety of the pool. LOL!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-112412.jpe  
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:31 AM

Missy I agree with you. Rattle snakes or any snake do not like them at all. Love the pic!

Carol you did good keeping up with the walking. And positive attitude is always a good thing. :)
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:52 AM
    Banned

To many post since I commented last so I will not comment on any.

I started weighing 209 in Jan went down to 185 then up to 190 and have now stayed there. I am not above 190 so I should be happy. Plus when I look at the scale it is below 200 so I should be happy. Instead of thinking of it as I have to lose between 40 and 45 lbs I will shoot for losing 10 lbs if I do it then I could do another 10 lbs and so on until I lose the 40 I would like to lose. If I lose 10 lbs and can't lose more then I am still ahead of the game that would mean I lost 24 lbs. And if I don't lose anything more but stay the same I still lost 14 lb which is better then nothing.

Oatmeal for breakfast..........I always liked oatmeal. Not instant plain old fashion top of the stove cooked oatmeal. I do like it better cooked on the stove however in the morning when I am dealing with feeding J's puppy and the stray cats I pop it in the microwave. If you put it in the bowl the night before it cooks in about 2 minutes and it gets creamy. I always bought Quaker but this past week as I posted a few days ago I was running low so I ordered some from Amazon. I bought Bob's Red Mill it was on sale. It is the BEST oatmeal I have ever had. Sounds crazy but I was craving it last night as a snack. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast and yougurt with fruit as a bedtime snack I am going to change it and have the yogurt for breakfast and the oatmeal as a bedtime snack.
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:52 AM

My sons birthday is today. ITS going to be a rough day!
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:20 AM

I started weighing 209 in Jan went down to 185 then up to 190 and have now stayed there. I am not above 190 so I should be happy. Plus when I look at the scale it is below 200 so I should be happy. Instead of thinking of it as I have to lose between 40 and 45 lbs I will shoot for losing 10 lbs if I do it then I could do another 10 lbs and so on until I lose the 40 I would like to lose. If I lose 10 lbs and can't lose more then I am still ahead of the game that would mean I lost 24 lbs. And if I don't lose anything more but stay the same I still lost 14 lb which is better then nothing.

Oatmeal for breakfast..........I always liked oatmeal. Not instant plain old fashion top of the stove cooked oatmeal. I do like it better cooked on the stove however in the morning when I am dealing with feeding J's puppy and the stray cats I pop it in the microwave. If you put it in the bowl the night before it cooks in about 2 minutes and it gets creamy. I always bought Quaker but this past week as I posted a few days ago I was running low so I ordered some from Amazon. I bought Bob's Red Mill it was on sale. It is the BEST oatmeal I have ever had. Sounds crazy but I was craving it last night as a snack. I usually have oatmeal for breakfast and yougurt with fruit as a bedtime snack I am going to change it and have the yogurt for breakfast and the oatmeal as a bedtime snack.
    Sounds like you have a good plan with your weight loss. I really like the way you put it about still losing the weight.

I think that oatmeal sounds like a great snack or a meal. I like it either way.

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Yvonne7
    My sons birthday is today. ITS going to be a rough day!
    Why Yvonne will it be a rough day?

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:25 AM

popping off and on at work. Had to do a double take at your post becasue the first time I read it I read "pop the stray cats into the microwave" Reread a little more slowly. :D :-) :-D
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by grannie-k

popping off and on at work. Had to do a double take at your post becasue the first time I read it I read "pop the stray cats into the microwave" Reread a little more slowly. :D :-) :-D
    HEHEHE! That is too funny. Sometimes I have to slow down when I read the posts. You are way too funny!

Missy