Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-06-2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    You guys crack me up.............I go rounding up all the strays to pop in the microwave. ROFLAO!!!!!!! Cincinnati is famous for the chili ( the smells make me gag) anyway they put cinncmon and cocoa in it. There are 2 really big name places out here Skyline Chili (for the Cincinnati skyline) and Goldstar Chili. The people scoff it down like there is no tomorrow. When people have asked me why cinncmon and cocoa (they were J's BFF's from NY) I told them that people didn't know what to do with the road kill around here so they ground it up and decided to make chili. The taste was so bad that they added the cinnamon and ococa to kill the taste. They believed me.
    Oh geez Tru! That is too funny!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-112737.jpe  
    Old 09-06-2010, 12:03 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by seamstome
    Sorry for the rant but I either rant now or blow up. I have lost no weight and am sitting here contemplating a turtle sundae.

Whew! I am almost through the weekend from hell. My sisters, spouses and I moved my elderly parents up here from FL. Of course, my mother does not want to move and her life has been in upheaval since my father got really ill in June. My dad was not excited but understood it was this or a nursing home in FL. This is the best solution PERIOD but my mom is just not happy and she is taking it out on my one sister. I try to buffer her as much as possible.

We put them on a plane and the things we thought were worth keeping in their junker car and my saintly BIL drove it up here with the agreement that we junk the car up here. Of course, it broke down THREE times on the way up from FL. So it took four days for him to make the trip. This upset my mother to no end and she is just a raving B. Her insulin is messed up, her sleep is messed up, she is legally blind, the move took four days instead of two to get her stuff here and she hates change.

Then it is more expensive up in Chicago than FL. I really really really cant help it that can goods are a nickel more here or that chuck roast is 75 cents a pound higher. My middle sister just took 12 weeks unpaid leave to nurse my father, my youngest sister and I were flying down there every couple weeks at a cost of 500 a trip plus the loss in pay so a few pennies a can for peas is pretty irrelevant when compared to nursing home costs.

We set them up here in a nice apartment decked out with everything either new or like new. I have spent the entire week in either Target, Walmart or Bed Bath and Beyond. I am exhausted.

Maybe next week, I can get back on track with eating properly. For now, since I got this out, maybe I will go with the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich instead.....thanks.
    Rant away that is why we are here!!!

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} Sorry, while I hugged you I took a bite of your ice cream sandwich!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 01:15 PM

You guys crack me up.............I go rounding up all the strays to pop in the microwave. ROFLAO!!!!!!! Cincinnati is famous for their chili it has even been on the food network and travel channel (the smells make me gag) anyway they put cinnamon and cocoa in it. There are 2 really big name places out here Skyline Chili (for the Cincinnati skyline) and Goldstar Chili. The people scoff it down like there is no tomorrow. When people have asked me why cinncmon and cocoa (they were J's BFF's from NY) I told them that people didn't know what to do with the road kill around here so they ground it up and decided to make chili. The taste was so bad that they added the cinnamon and cococa to kill the taste. I truly do not know how anyone could eat that slop.
    ROFLMBO I always wondered why someone would ruin perfectly good chili, and now I know. The first time I ate there I almost spit out the first mouthful it was so nasty. But, it was the first time I saw chili on spaghetti that is delish when it is my chili.
    Old 09-06-2010, 02:32 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    You guys crack me up.............I go rounding up all the strays to pop in the microwave. ROFLAO!!!!!!! Cincinnati is famous for their chili it has even been on the food network and travel channel (the smells make me gag) anyway they put cinnamon and cocoa in it. There are 2 really big name places out here Skyline Chili (for the Cincinnati skyline) and Goldstar Chili. The people scoff it down like there is no tomorrow. When people have asked me why cinncmon and cocoa (they were J's BFF's from NY) I told them that people didn't know what to do with the road kill around here so they ground it up and decided to make chili. The taste was so bad that they added the cinnamon and cococa to kill the taste. I truly do not know how anyone could eat that slop.
    ROFLMBO I always wondered why someone would ruin perfectly good chili, and now I know. The first time I ate there I almost spit out the first mouthful it was so nasty. But, it was the first time I saw chili on spaghetti that is delish when it is my chili.
    Oh I forgot the spaghetti part. WHHHHHHOOOOOOOO puts chili on spaghetti. Do you eat it now?????????? So there is the 3 way chili on top of spaghetti with cheese then the 4 way chili on top of spaghetti with cheese and onions. There might be more ways I don't REALLY want to remember.

Where were you from since it was the first time you saw chili on spaghetti, I would assume you were not born and raised in Ohio. When I moved here from NY it as culture shock. They even sell Skyline chili in Cleveland so it is not only a Cincinnti thing it is a state thing.
    Old 09-06-2010, 02:34 PM

I just cannot stomach Cincinnati chili. Yuck. I love Texas chili. Yumm-o! I also like to make chili that I can use to top enchiladas (as in Tex-Mex). Now chili on spaghetti? That would have to take some getting used to.

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 02:36 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I just cannot stomach Cincinnati chili. Yuck. I love Texas chili. Yumm-o! I also like to make chili that I can use to top enchiladas (as in Tex-Mex). Now chili on spaghetti? That would have to take some getting used to.

Missy
    Missy have you eaten Cincinnati chili?????????
    Old 09-06-2010, 02:40 PM
    Banned

I have come up with a new weight loss plan. I hope you all will be in on this. The weight will come off quick and easy. You can buy Skyline chili or Goldstar chili at amazon. We will buy 4 cases each and that is all we could eat until all the cans are gone. No other food just the chili. Who's in?????????
    Old 09-06-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
    Missy have you eaten Cincinnati chili?????????
    Yes. One time I was in Cincinnati while on vacation. I was a teenager so it has been a while but, yeah, I did attempt to eat it.

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 03:06 PM

I have come up with a new weight loss plan. I hope you all will be in on this. The weight will come off quick and easy. You can buy Skyline chili or Goldstar chili at amazon. We will buy 4 cases each and that is all we could eat until all the cans are gone. No other food just the chili. Who's in?????????
    Eww...you can count me out! Hehehe!

Missy
    Old 09-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Okay if I was trapped on a desert island with only cincy chili to eat, I guess I would eventually be forced to eat the chili. Yuck. Actually I do still eat chili on spaghetti, a great way to use up leftovers. But then I love pasta. Oh yeah, I was born right here in Akron and never lived farther than 50 miles from here. The first Skyline in this area opened about 15 years ago.