Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-06-2010, 08:39 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Tell me what you all think. I found these whole grain chips to munch on. Here is the info on them: 130 cals, 50 cals from fat. Total fat 6g. Saturated fat 0g. Trans fat 0g. Polyunsaturated fat 1.5g. Monunsaturated fat 3g. 0 % cholesterol. Serving size 10 chips. They taste alright. The name of the chips is Shapers.
    at 130 calories for 10 you could have 6 CUPS of popcorn, I would go with snacking on popcorn. a piece of white bread toast with a tsp of jam is only 90 calories. there are so many more things that tastes good and you could have more of for the same calorie count.
    Old 09-06-2010, 08:44 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sahm4605
    its my dads b-day on thursday. He wants me to make him a chocolate mayonnaise cake. (WHY ME!!!)
    I never heard of a chocolate mayonnaise cake. I know it has to be fattening but I bet it tastes yumoo, Can you post the recipe??????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 PM
    Banned

Okay, I must be the odd woman out - I have never heard of eating chili on top of spaghetti!!!! Been to Cincinnati and never tried any of their chili either. I do like chili, but on spaghetti :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :?
    I think you would have to order twice as many cases of TP to handle those 4 cases of Skyline chili if that was all you were eating. That in itself is enough of an incentive to pass on just eating chili.
    Old 09-06-2010, 09:58 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    its my dads b-day on thursday. He wants me to make him a chocolate mayonnaise cake. (WHY ME!!!)
    I never heard of a chocolate mayonnaise cake. I know it has to be fattening but I bet it tastes yumoo, Can you post the recipe??????? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a great aunt that makes chocolate mayo cake and it is really good. It has been years since I have had any but it was always really moist and delicious. I think it is a poor mans version of the chocolate cake that has sour cream in it. If I knew someone put sour cream in a cake there is no way I would touch it even with a 10 foot pole. :lol:
    Old 09-07-2010, 01:09 AM

I love this cake. You can use reduced fat and Splenda to reduce the number of calories.

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Old 09-07-2010, 04:52 AM

2 cups flour 1 cup sugar 2 teaspoons baking soda 1/2 teaspoon salt 4+ tablespoons coco powder(Hershey) mix together real well
    1 1/2 cups boiling water, 1 cup mayonnaise, 1+teaspoon vanilla mix together real well.
    combine dry and wet bowls and mix real well. pour into a baking pan. bake @ 350 for 20-30 min. glass @ 325.
    this is my MIL's recipe. don't know where she got it from but it is pretty good. you can't use mirical whip for this though. tastes awful. we use helmans mayonnaise.
    Old 09-07-2010, 04:59 AM

Back in the day I did make a cake that had sour cream in it and you wouldn't know unless someone told you. My DH won't eat anything if he knows it has sour cream, so don't ask and I won't tell lol.
    Old 09-07-2010, 05:28 AM

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh! What a way to get us all into trouble! I so crave something sweet!And I am definitely a chocaholic!
    Old 09-07-2010, 05:40 AM

Is anyone else in this group diagnosed with celiac, or on the gluten-free diet? (No wheat, barley, rye or commerically grown oats) I have always loved bread, pasta, crackers, all the things I had to give up. The gluten free options are just not the same, although they are getting better. When I had to start the diet I found myself justifying alot of poor diet choices as compensation for all the things I had to go without. Then about when I had gotten my life back on track, and was finally feeling healthy, the fibromyalgia symptoms began although it was just diagnosed last month. As it became more and more difficult to do anything the pounds crept up. Now here I am; 50 pounds overweight, exhausted all the time, and dealing with constant pain from the fibro arthritis and bursitis. I know some of you are dealing with this, and much more, how do you keep going?
    Old 09-07-2010, 05:42 AM

I'm in.