Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-09-2010, 02:55 PM

I posted that list of 100-calorie snacks on page 19. It has a long list of things there if anyone is interested in seeing what 100 calories can be. It is interesting that is for sure!

Missy
    Old 09-09-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
    this is awful there is a banner that is for kitchendaily and it has a pic of key lime ice cream sandwiches. mmmmmmmmmmm
    I know huh? How cruel!!

Missy
    Old 09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I'm guess I better get my FQ ready. I have done something to my left hip and it is causing a lot of pain. I can't exercise and the weight won't come off unless I starve myself, not gonna do that. I hate this, I was doing so good with the eating and exercising. Good luck to all of you.
    don't give up maybe in a day or 2 your hip will feel better. In the mean time sit in a chair and put a `15 oz can of veggies in you hand and use them as weights. It is still exercise.
    Old 09-09-2010, 06:25 PM

I want to thank the person (I don't want to say your name unless you OK it) for sending me a FQ. I was feeling bad the last couple of days and that sure boosted me up. My spirts were low, I was hungry and tired. Thank you so much, you really made me feel better today!!
    Plus, red is probably my favorite color! Carol
    Old 09-09-2010, 07:13 PM

Does anyone know about whey and if it increases your muscles? My husband wants me to take whey when I exercise. I have been putting it off as it is 140 calories a glass if you drink it with water. He says as it is pure protein it wouldn't add to my weight but will help me built muscle. Plus, I don't have to count it in my calorie count as the body sheds it within 24 hours. He feels it will help me from being so tired and hungry. I don't want to take it due to the calories. I don't see how you can consume calories and they not add to your total intake. I don't want to cut my calories anymore to include it as I am pretty low already.

Help, need advice.
    Old 09-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Just made some zucchini bread without sugar. YUCK! lol There goes my attempts at being healthy for today.
    Oh geez Christina! How about using Splenda or Applesauce or pumpkin? I cook with Splenda all the time and it turns out great.

I bet that did taste yucky though without any sweetener.

Missy
    lol, ya I won't be making that mistake again! *smacks forehead*
    Old 09-09-2010, 09:03 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by seamstome
    Thanks for the kind words. It isnt hormones or anythingelse, she just throws temper tantrums like a 2 year old when she doesnt get her way. She threw one for 10 hours yesterday. Swearing and throwing things at people. The rest of my family allows it but I wont take it and she found that out yesterday.

My parents are basically on a grown up time out. When she apologizes and treats us with respect, then I will step up to help again. Until then, they can sit in their little apartment all by themselves. They are safe unless they do something stupid.

This war of wills might go on awhile. When I was younger, it went on for six months but until the other day she didnt pull this garbage with me for about 35 years.
    Sorry to hear that your mom is giving you trouble. Has she been checked for alzhemiers. It sounds like typical behavior for someone with that or another type of dementia starting. There were days when dad would be fine one minute and madder than a wet hornet the next without any reason at all for the change. They don't even realize that they are doing it and then alittle later they won't even remember getting upset or cuzzing or any of it. It is a terrible thing to happen for both them and their family. Just remember if that is what is going on try not to take it personal - I know that is really hard to do.
    Hugs,
    Sherryl
    Old 09-09-2010, 11:25 PM

*Sigh*.. so far this month.. well.. someone will be getting a nice FQ from me!
    Old 09-09-2010, 11:35 PM

Missy, thanks for all the great info. I have just been trying to catch up with all the posts for the last day or so. thelondonzoo, Hoping that onceshe gets used to the new surroundings she will be in a better frame of mind. I'll keep you and your parents in my thoughts. cjomomma, hope your feeling better soon. I have been dealing with my back for the last couple of weeks and exercise has been hard for me too. Just don't push to fast or it will take longer(voice of experience) Try some stretching for your upper body and that will burn a few calories.
    Gail
    Old 09-10-2010, 04:24 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you for the great support. I was really bummed yesterday. My body feels really bad when I don't get the exercise in so this hip thing is not helping. I can't sit very long and I can't stand long either. I started and completed a quilt this week hoping to make myself feel better. It helped a little. It wasn't a big one only 56X56.