Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Oh. Monday I weigh in again at the hospital. I am not as nervous as I usually am because I can tell in my clothes that I am losing. Last night as I was walking around, my pants started to slip off. It was a weird but exciting!

Missy
    It might have been more exiting if Mike was there when they started to slip off! :wink:
    Oh. My. Goodness. That would have been something else. LOL!

I just put my cupcakes in the oven. Smells so incredible. I just LOVE chocolate. I licked the spoon. *smacks hand* Bad Missy!

So far, I am going to have cupcakes for us to share, strawberries dipped in chocolate and grapes. What else people? What about protein? My sister suggested a meat and cheese tray. Hmm...

Missy
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:22 AM

My neighbor is trying to lose weight and she saw me cycling the other day so we went out today and rode about a mile. She wants to get started because of all the weight I have lost (gleeful smile.)

It sure made me feel good to have someone notice I have lost weight. It doesn't seem like it to me. I know I have gone down, but it doesn't seem like much when I look at how much weight I need to lose. I keep it to a monthly goal, which I haven't meet yet, but at least I can visualize what I need to do. A weekly weight loss goal is to short a span for me. It depresses me to get on the scale and only see I have lost a pound or two, or worse yet gained three!

I weight almost daily, it's the sadist in me, but I am trying to look at the long term. As of today I am down 35 pounds and I have 40 to go. When I reach that goal, I will look at losing another 25. If I don't that's OK, I'll be heavier than I should weigh, but at least I will be healthier than when I started this journey.

In addition, I hope I have learned eating habits and a exercise routine that I can live with. Once I hit the 75 pounds, I plan on enacting a maintenance program. I will cut back on exercising to 3 or 4 times a week, and slowly add food back into my diet, to increase my calories.
    You are doing soo soo good! I am so proud of you!

It is so awesome when people notice our weight loss. I love that feeling.

Sounds to me like you have a great plan going and you are almost at your halfway point. So, no giving up now. Keep up the great work you are doing!!!

Missy
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:25 AM

Oh. Monday I weigh in again at the hospital. I am not as nervous as I usually am because I can tell in my clothes that I am losing. Last night as I was walking around, my pants started to slip off. It was a weird but exciting!

Missy
    It might have been more exiting if Mike was there when they started to slip off! :wink:

I just put my cupcakes in the oven. Smells so incredible. I just LOVE chocolate. I licked the spoon. *smacks hand* Bad Missy!

So far, I am going to have cupcakes for us to share, strawberries dipped in chocolate and grapes. What else people? What about protein? My sister suggested a meat and cheese tray. Hmm...

Missy
    That sounds like a great idea. pick up some crackers with lots of different flavors in them too.
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:48 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I think big strawberries arranged on a plate would be romantic. Dip a few (3) in chocolate for him. Also, some dark brown bread, sliced thin (you could have about4 slices), with small amounts of different cheeses would work. Some beautiful large grapes on a green vine to 'share', for a drink - sparkling water, really cold, with a lemon slice twisted in wine glasses.

Think Anthony &Cleopatra or Lancelot & Gwenovere.
    OPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS for a minute I thought I was reading a Harlaquin Romance novel.
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
    Banned

My neighbor is trying to lose weight and she saw me cycling the other day so we went out today and rode about a mile. She wants to get started because of all the weight I have lost (gleeful smile.)

It sure made me feel good to have someone notice I have lost weight. It doesn't seem like it to me. I know I have gone down, but it doesn't seem like much when I look at how much weight I need to lose. I keep it to a monthly goal, which I haven't meet yet, but at least I can visualize what I need to do. A weekly weight loss goal is to short a span for me. It depresses me to get on the scale and only see I have lost a pound or two, or worse yet gained three!

I weight almost daily, it's the sadist in me, but I am trying to look at the long term. As of today I am down 35 pounds and I have 40 to go. When I reach that goal, I will look at losing another 25. If I don't that's OK, I'll be heavier than I should weigh, but at least I will be healthier than when I started this journey.

In addition, I hope I have learned eating habits and a exercise routine that I can live with. Once I hit the 75 pounds, I plan on enacting a maintenance program. I will cut back on exercising to 3 or 4 times a week, and slowly add food back into my diet, to increase my calories.
    you are doing so good and are so dedicated I am so proud of you for losing so much weight and to continue on this road of weight loss.
    Old 09-11-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by Gwyn
    I think big strawberries arranged on a plate would be romantic. Dip a few (3) in chocolate for him. Also, some dark brown bread, sliced thin (you could have about4 slices), with small amounts of different cheeses would work. Some beautiful large grapes on a green vine to 'share', for a drink - sparkling water, really cold, with a lemon slice twisted in wine glasses.

Think Anthony &Cleopatra or Lancelot & Gwenovere.
    OPPPPPPPSSSSSSSSSS for a minute I thought I was reading a Harlaquin Romance novel.
    I hope that tomorrow is like a romance novel!! :):):)

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-69206.jpe  
    Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM
    Banned

Missy

Missy

I would go with pasta salad. You could put it in 2 tupperware containers and eat right out of them. NO MAYO it will have protein, carbs but with be healthy.

Pasta Salad 6 servings

1 12oz box whole wheat pasta ( a shape like ziti or something like that) cooked
    1 large tomato cubed
    1 c chopped celery
    1 large bell pepper chopped
    2 c broccoli chopped
    1 cucumber chopped
    2 large carrots grated
    1 tbsp minced onion (you can leave that out incase kissing is involved)
    2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
    1 can chicken or tuna
    1 c fat free italian salad dressing

Mix all in a bowl.

or a quicker one is

1 12oz box whole wheat pasta
    1 16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1 can chicken or tuna
    1 c fat free italian dressing

bring water to boil. add veggies, bring back to boil and add pasta. cook for how long it says on the box. drain veggies/pasta. Put in a bowl and then add the rest. if you want you can add fresh tomatoes or any other fresh veggies you want. put in fridge for a few hours.
    Old 09-11-2010, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1

Missy

Missy

I would go with pasta salad. You could put it in 2 tupperware containers and eat right out of them. NO MAYO it will have protein, carbs but with be healthy.

Pasta Salad 6 servings

1 12oz box whole wheat pasta ( a shape like ziti or something like that) cooked
    1 large tomato cubed
    1 c chopped celery
    1 large bell pepper chopped
    2 c broccoli chopped
    1 cucumber chopped
    2 large carrots grated
    1 tbsp minced onion (you can leave that out incase kissing is involved)
    2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
    1 can chicken or tuna
    1 c fat free italian salad dressing

Mix all in a bowl.

or a quicker one is

1 12oz box whole wheat pasta
    1 16 oz bag frozen mixed veggies
    2 hard boiled eggs
    1 can chicken or tuna
    1 c fat free italian dressing

bring water to boil. add veggies, bring back to boil and add pasta. cook for how long it says on the box. drain veggies/pasta. Put in a bowl and then add the rest. if you want you can add fresh tomatoes or any other fresh veggies you want. put in fridge for a few hours.
    Oh yummy!!

My mom just told me she thinks Mike is about to use the big L word. Oh my. I will definitely give you an update as this situation progresses. I am nervous but excited and the feelings I have in my heart are just so so....deep.

Wow. Is this really happening to me? I am dreaming?

Sorry for rambling but you guys have been such a huge support for me. I just have to keep you guys updated.

Missy
    Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 AM
    Banned

Missy............What could that L word be?????????? Like, lap, lip, lick??????? GEEEEEEEEE I wonder
    Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
    Banned

Jackpot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A tasty treat that is 10 calories per cookie and except for the little drop of sugar it is ALL PROTEIN!!!!!!!!!!1

Meringues

2 egg whites at room temp
    1/4 c sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 200. Yes 200 they have to bake slow to get crisp on the outside but melt in your mouth soft on the inside. Line a cookie sheet with foil. In a med bowl beat egg whites, sugar and vanilla until stiff or when dropped from a spoon it holds a peak. Drop 3/4 of a teaspoon on to the foil. You should get about 38 meringue cookies. put in oven and bake about an hour, turn off oven but let the meringue sit in the oven until the oven is cool or for about 7 hours. Store in a container ith a tight lid. If they get exposed to damp or humid air they get all sticky.