Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by quilter on the eastern edge
    This recipe is for Trupeach and anyone else who likes bananas. We call them 2 Carb Buns (hubbie is diabetic and has to count carbs)

BANANA MUFFINS
    1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    ½ tsp. baking powder
    ½ c. brown sugar Splenda
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    ¼ c, applesauce (1 Mott’s applesauce snack size)
    ¼ c. vegetable oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 c. mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3 medium bananas)

Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
    In another bowl, mix wet ingredients together until smooth
    Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
    Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cup liners. Fill each cup ¾ full. (I use a ¼ c. capacity ice cream scoop)

Bake at 350o for 18 – 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.

I have added blueberries to the batter --- yummy!

Per muffin…. 165 calories
    28 g. carbs
    5.3 g. fat

YUMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I am going to replace the brown sugar with molasses. I bet they would be good with chopped apple. To bad I don't have any apples and the lady that does my shopping won't be going grocery shopping until next week.

This is gross I use to mash a banana and pour chocolate syrup over it and eat it.
    You are right the muffins do sound YUMMO. I absolutely LOVE frozen bananas with chocolate sauce. Oh those were the days when I could eat those! *deep sigh*

Missy
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I was so pre occupied with the fact I forgot it was pancake day yesterday I didn't say I LOST 3 lbs this week. YIPPPPEEEEEEE I am below 190!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
    You're living my dream!
    how much do you have to lose??????/ I started off at 209 in Jan. I did really good until I guess around April. I really didn't try after. I decided to go all gung ho the past 2 weeks. I would like to lose between 40 and 50 more.
    I'm at 208 as of today, I plan on losing 32 more, then re-evaluate my progress and then maybe another 40 to 50 pounds.

It was just to much for me to say I needed to lose 120 pounds. That amount seemed impossible, so I started with a figure I thought I could do and that was 75 pounds. I'm just under 5'8" so 125 may be a bit thin, but I'll decide when I get down there.

Right now I am aiming to get below my husband, he's at 194. And, I would like to be at 135 by my birthday in Feb.
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Trupeach, These sound delicious and I am going to try them.

Well, ladies, I've decided to join weight watchers today because I really am having a difficult time staying with the program. Seems I really need someone to monitor me and get after me. My hubby tries but I don't like to listen to him!!! :) You all know how that is. LOL

Wish me luck.
    Donna
    My fingers are crossed, it'll work if you work it!
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Third day of no sugar is going well. My cravings are slightly decreasing and so far I have no headache today. I am realizing that I can't go my whole life without sweet things to eat so I'm going to focus on not eating refined white sugar or anything that has high fructose corn syrup in it. I am worth having good, healthy foods to eat so I'm going to look into using alternative sweeteners like honey and agave syrup. I haven't tried a recipe yet, maybe I'll give it a few days to find the right one, but I want to make a tea cake to go with afternoon tea. I'm starting to feel good about this whole giving up sugar thing. lol
    The other things you need to watch out for if sugar is a problem for you and that is sugar alcohol. It is a chemical that is super sweet. It is a carbohydrate-based chemical. You will recognize that it is in your food item if there is an ingredient ending in "ol" for example, xylitol, sorbitol and mannitol.

Proceed with caution when consuming products that contain sugar alcohols, as they can cause diarrhea, gas and GI discomfort.

Just wanted to mention that as most people do not realize that is also in their foods.

Missy
    Old 09-14-2010, 03:51 PM

I was so pre occupied with the fact I forgot it was pancake day yesterday I didn't say I LOST 3 lbs this week. YIPPPPEEEEEEE I am below 190!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
    You're living my dream!
    how much do you have to lose??????/ I started off at 209 in Jan. I did really good until I guess around April. I really didn't try after. I decided to go all gung ho the past 2 weeks. I would like to lose between 40 and 50 more.
    I'm at 208 as of today, I plan on losing 32 more, then re-evaluate my progress and then maybe another 40 to 50 pounds.

It was just to much for me to say I needed to lose 120 pounds. That amount seemed impossible, so I started with a figure I thought I could do and that was 75 pounds. I'm just under 5'8" so 125 may be a bit thin, but I'll decide when I get down there.

Right now I am aiming to get below my husband, he's at 194. And, I would like to be at 135 by my birthday in Feb.
    Wow that is quite a goal Carol. I think you can do it! Just keep on keeping on and I will be the one on the sidelines holding a "GO CAROL" sign and shouting as you go past me. :):):)

Missy
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:13 PM

Ok folks. Reason #689 why Mike is a keeper. He told me today my butt is much smaller now. Gotta love that guy!

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-106426.jpe  
    Old 09-14-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
    I got some great exercise DVD's from Walmart. They are 10 min solutions. There are 5 sessions in each Dvd. Only 10 min each. They are perfect for a quick workout!
    That sounds great! I hope you enjoy working out to them.

Missy
    Old 09-14-2010, 07:39 PM

This recipe is for Trupeach and anyone else who likes bananas. We call them 2 Carb Buns (hubbie is diabetic and has to count carbs)

BANANA MUFFINS
    1 ¼ c. all-purpose flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    ½ tsp. baking powder
    ½ c. brown sugar Splenda
    1 egg
    1 egg white
    ¼ c, applesauce (1 Mott’s applesauce snack size)
    ¼ c. vegetable oil
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 c. mashed ripe bananas (2 or 3 medium bananas)

Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
    In another bowl, mix wet ingredients together until smooth
    Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
    Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cup liners. Fill each cup ¾ full. (I use a ¼ c. capacity ice cream scoop)

Bake at 350o for 18 – 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.

I have added blueberries to the batter --- yummy!

Per muffin…. 165 calories
    28 g. carbs
    5.3 g. fat

YUMMMMMMOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! I am going to replace the brown sugar with molasses. I bet they would be good with chopped apple. To bad I don't have any apples and the lady that does my shopping won't be going grocery shopping until next week.

This is gross I use to mash a banana and pour chocolate syrup over it and eat it.

I bet they'd also be good with raspberries.
    Bananas, blueberries, raspberries---MMMMMM good!!! Thanks for sharing
    Old 09-14-2010, 07:51 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am trying to check in each evening and let you all know how I am doing. I had put 2 lbs on when I wasn't able to do anything because of my hip. Standing and sitting was painful so exercising was out of the question. Well it quit hurting and I started back to exercising yesterday. Well I weighed myself and I took the 2lbs. back off along with and extra lb. YEAH!!!
    My sweet cravings have stopped, yeah!!! Hopefully I won't crave sweets when it gets close to that time of the month.
    I didn't get a good workout tonight because little man decided that he needed my attention for the silliest things. I think I got in 20 min. on the stationary bike and 40 sit ups. Atleast I got something done. LOL
    Old 09-14-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I am trying to check in each evening and let you all know how I am doing. I had put 2 lbs on when I wasn't able to do anything because of my hip. Standing and sitting was painful so exercising was out of the question. Well it quit hurting and I started back to exercising yesterday. Well I weighed myself and I took the 2lbs. back off along with and extra lb. YEAH!!!
    My sweet cravings have stopped, yeah!!! Hopefully I won't crave sweets when it gets close to that time of the month.
    I didn't get a good workout tonight because little man decided that he needed my attention for the silliest things. I think I got in 20 min. on the stationary bike and 40 sit ups. Atleast I got something done. LOL
    Congrats!!!!!!! :thumbup: