Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-14-2010, 08:32 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Christina. I should have asked do I get to count that as 3 lbs. lost. Ok made myself laugh!!! There is no I'm gonna win, boohoo!! Oh well the month is not over yet.
    Old 09-14-2010, 08:37 PM

HA! I'm not gonna win either. I have my FQ ready to send to the winner. lol Oh well, there's always next month. Maybe the theme will be Halloween FQs next month. That'll get me super motivated! :mrgreen:
    Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    HA! I'm not gonna win either. I have my FQ ready to send to the winner. lol Oh well, there's always next month. Maybe the theme will be Halloween FQs next month. That'll get me super motivated! :mrgreen:
    That would be cool. I love Halloween fabric.
    Old 09-14-2010, 10:45 PM

I'm so glad you are feeling better about giving up refined sugar I am reading a book my doctor recommended called The New Sugar Busters Cut Sugar to Trim Fat. It tells what sugar does to your body and is linked to so many illnesses Now every time I'm tempted by candy or cake I think do I really want that. They have it in paperback.We got ours at Barnes and Noble book store.
    Gail
    Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    That would be cool. I love Halloween fabric.
    I wasn't going to do Halloween FQ as a theme by the time the winner would get them Halloween would be over. So now you have to wait and find out what the theme will be. It is REALY REALLY good something everyone would love. BUT I AM NOT TELLING!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-15-2010, 03:55 AM

I'm one of those people that need a visual motivation and i was having a difficult time trying to find something that would work for me and now I have found it and I thought I would share it with all of you. Its probabley silly to a lot of you but its working for me. Lost six pounds so far this month. I was putting a stick of butter on the butter dish when I noticed that the package weight was one pound and as I was holding that one pound in my hand I thought Wow thats heavy and would I want to carry that around with me all day. Well no I wouldn't so I put it right in the front of the frig and now every time I think I'll just cheat a little I pick up that one pound and then put it right back in the frig and concentrate on something else. seems silly right. It's working for me I just think how six of those look and feel, and I'm pleased that i don't have to carry six of those around with me anymore.
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:38 AM
    Power Poster

I think that is a really good using the butter to visualize. Good thinking.
    Old 09-15-2010, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    I'm one of those people that need a visual motivation and i was having a difficult time trying to find something that would work for me and now I have found it and I thought I would share it with all of you. Its probabley silly to a lot of you but its working for me. Lost six pounds so far this month. I was putting a stick of butter on the butter dish when I noticed that the package weight was one pound and as I was holding that one pound in my hand I thought Wow thats heavy and would I want to carry that around with me all day. Well no I wouldn't so I put it right in the front of the frig and now every time I think I'll just cheat a little I pick up that one pound and then put it right back in the frig and concentrate on something else. seems silly right. It's working for me I just think how six of those look and feel, and I'm pleased that i don't have to carry six of those around with me anymore.
    I don't think it's silly. If it works to help you in your journey towards a healthier you, it's a great idea. :thumbup:
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I am trying to check in each evening and let you all know how I am doing. I had put 2 lbs on when I wasn't able to do anything because of my hip. Standing and sitting was painful so exercising was out of the question. Well it quit hurting and I started back to exercising yesterday. Well I weighed myself and I took the 2lbs. back off along with and extra lb. YEAH!!!
    My sweet cravings have stopped, yeah!!! Hopefully I won't crave sweets when it gets close to that time of the month.
    I didn't get a good workout tonight because little man decided that he needed my attention for the silliest things. I think I got in 20 min. on the stationary bike and 40 sit ups. Atleast I got something done. LOL
    Yay! You are doing soo good! I bet next week with all your exercising and without the sweets you will drop even more weight!!

Missy
    Old 09-15-2010, 11:00 AM

Well, I'm new to this weight loss thread (this Sept.) and didn't realize I should be checking more often. I've now spent a TON of time reading everyones comments. Very motivational! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 6# so far. I did circuit training yesterday and it kicked my butt! Feeling a little sore today, but it feels good.