Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-15-2010, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    I am trying to check in each evening and let you all know how I am doing. I had put 2 lbs on when I wasn't able to do anything because of my hip. Standing and sitting was painful so exercising was out of the question. Well it quit hurting and I started back to exercising yesterday. Well I weighed myself and I took the 2lbs. back off along with and extra lb. YEAH!!!
    My sweet cravings have stopped, yeah!!! Hopefully I won't crave sweets when it gets close to that time of the month.
    I didn't get a good workout tonight because little man decided that he needed my attention for the silliest things. I think I got in 20 min. on the stationary bike and 40 sit ups. Atleast I got something done. LOL
    They say you get the same benefit of exercising in smaller time segments, as little as 10 minutes at a time. But you must raise your heart rate. This might be easier for you.
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:31 PM

I think that is a really good using the butter to visualize. Good thinking.
    I also think about lard, it's even more disgusting. Especially when I think that is what I have been packing around my heart all these years!

Congrats on the three pounds!
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
    Well, I'm new to this weight loss thread (this Sept.) and didn't realize I should be checking more often. I've now spent a TON of time reading everyones comments. Very motivational! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 6# so far. I did circuit training yesterday and it kicked my butt! Feeling a little sore today, but it feels good.
    You're doing GOOOODDD!
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Hi everyone! Today was HARD! I went grocery shopping and I always, always buy a candy at the checkout. Well, today I tried very hard not to look at the candy and I didn't buy any!!!! :mrgreen: Hooray!!!! But it was such a battle. Whoever knew sugar was this addictive? :thumbdown:
    Little battles!
    Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lefty1062
    Evening everyone! Just thought I would check in. I have lost 7 lbs so far. I really love the butter visual! I also think if I had something to pick up/ look at it would motivate me. So I guess I'm gonna find something that wieghs a pound and for every pound I lose, I'll display it on the counter or somewhere. Am I the only one who once I start a diet, thinks I should lose like 20 pounds in a week?? I tend to be so hard in myself and it is frustrating.
    Don't be hard on yourself, take it one day at a time.
    I grew up with everyone downing me about my weight so I refuse to be hard on myself. I am who I am and I just want less of me.
    I know how you feel. But 7 pounds is a lot of weight. Feel proud of yourself.
    Old 09-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
    Well, I'm new to this weight loss thread (this Sept.) and didn't realize I should be checking more often. I've now spent a TON of time reading everyones comments. Very motivational! I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 6# so far. I did circuit training yesterday and it kicked my butt! Feeling a little sore today, but it feels good.
    Sandra,

Six pounds is awesome!!! Keep it up!!

Missy
    Old 09-15-2010, 09:36 PM

Thanks to those of you that have posted recipes. I plan to try all of them.
    Old 09-15-2010, 11:23 PM

Hi everyone. You all sound like you had a good day. My day was pretty good. No sweets and had small meals and popcorn after dinner and my bedtime snack was a sugar free Jello pudding. We'll see what the scales have to say on Friday. I got bananas today so I can make those muffins for breakfast with some fresh fruit.
    Lefty1062 I like the idea of having that pound of butter right in your face every time you open that door. Years ago they had this show about real life surgery and I will never forget the one that showed an obese person that had to have fat cut way and they showed how gross our body fat is, so I try to keep that picture in my head when the urge to eat the wrong thing comes along.
    Hope you all have a wonderful day and week.
    Gail
    Old 09-16-2010, 01:47 AM

i am haveing to lose weight i cant sign up because i can do the prizes but i wanted to tell you all that are trying to lose weight its hard, but you can do it , i have only lost 8 pounds doctor wants me to lose 56 more pounds, i am on a very low salt, low fat low coloresteral diet, its going to be a long run but it has to be done Hang in there and good luck
    HUGS Dora
    Old 09-16-2010, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Hi everyone! Today was HARD! I went grocery shopping and I always, always buy a candy at the checkout. Well, today I tried very hard not to look at the candy and I didn't buy any!!!! :mrgreen: Hooray!!!! But it was such a battle. Whoever knew sugar was this addictive? :thumbdown:
    I know the feeling. I am always happy when there are no Big Turk bars at the checkout! :-D