• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 PM

Congratulations Thats wonderful londonzoo
    Gail
    Old 09-17-2010, 04:53 AM

i always hate it when i hit that plateau. it really stinks.
    dude this is awful. i have the news on and there is a story about weightloss plan. it is called the tongue patch. it is this mesh thing that is sewn to your tongue and you go on a liquid diet. that is just the worst thing that I have ever heard for loosing weight.
    Old 09-17-2010, 05:51 AM

I just ate a large handful of peanut M&M's. Does it help that they were dark chocolate?

Today may not be a good day starting off like this.
    Old 09-17-2010, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
    dude this is awful. i have the news on and there is a story about weightloss plan. it is called the tongue patch. it is this mesh thing that is sewn to your tongue and you go on a liquid diet. that is just the worst thing that I have ever heard for loosing weight.
    That's pretty gross.
    Old 09-17-2010, 06:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Originally Posted by sahm4605
    That's pretty gross.
    They might as well get a tongue ring that would do the same thing. And one could never wear enough BLING!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Old 09-17-2010, 11:23 AM

Here is today's FASCINATING look into Red Lobster.

StARRRters!

Check out these rockin' seafood options...

Chilled Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail
    PER SERVING (1 order): 120 calories, 0.5g fat, 580mg sodium, 9g carbs -- POINTS® value 2*

You can't go wrong with this one. It's super basic: chilled shrimp that's been cooked without oil or other fatty stuff, served with lemon wedges and cocktail sauce. We love it! Go nuts and get one all for yourself...

Manhattan Clam Chowder
    PER SERVING (1 cup): 80 calories, 1g fat, 690mg sodium, 12g carbs -- POINTS® value 1 - 2*

With stats this low, feel free to splurge and get the twice-as-big bowl. Truly a good choice. We heart you, Manhattan!

Garden Side Salad with Petite Shrimp and Pico de Gallo
    PER SERVING (1 order): 115 calories, 3g fat, 390mg sodium, 15g carbs -- POINTS® value 2*

This is a great way to start a meal. You get lots of flavor from the pico de gallo, plenty of filling veggies, and a protein boost from the shrimp. SO much better than the 270-calorie, 21-grams-of-fat Caesar side salad!!!

SHOCKER! Crispy Calamari and Vegetables
    PER SERVING (1 order): 1,520 calories, 97g fat, 3,050mg sodium, 115g carbs -- POINTS® value 38*

But... but... it has broccoli... and red bell peppers! Yeah, they're still deep-fried. Between the crispy, oily batter and the creamy sauce they give you to dunk it all in, these normally light items are a no-go.

Feelin' Saucy? If you want to dip or dress, these picks are best: Pico de Gallo (10 calories, 0g fat), Marinara Sauce (25 calories, 1g fat), Cocktail Sauce (40 calories, 0g fat), Fat-Free Ranch (60 calories), and Balsamic Vinaigrette (80 calories, 6g fat). Even the yummy-sounding Piña Colada Sauce is a decent choice, with 80 calories and 4g fat. But avoid the Caesar Dressing, Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, and (obviously!) the 100% Pure Melted Butter; there are 280 - 350 calories and 26 - 38g fat in each serving of those!

Main Courses

The Fresh Fish menu is a treasure chest of goodies! Ordered Wood-Grilled, Broiled, or Blackened, with fresh broccoli on the side, these options rock the boat in a GOOD way...

Tilapia
    PER SERVING (1 full portion with broccoli): 360 calories, 4.5g fat, 270mg sodium, 12g carbs -- POINTS® value 7*

Tuna
    PER SERVING (1 full portion with broccoli): 360 calories, 1.5g fat, 640mg sodium, 8g carbs -- POINTS® value 7*

Rainbow Trout
    PER SERVING (1 full portion with broccoli): 410 calories, 19g fat, 580mg sodium, 7g carbs -- POINTS® value 9*

Love lobster and crab? You're in luck...

Steamed Maine Lobster
    PER SERVING (1 1/4 lbs.): 45 calories, 0g fat, 350mg sodium, 0g carbs -- POINTS® value 1*

This is your basic crustacean, but it's not your only option. The Rock Lobster Tail has a slim 90 calories and 1g fat, and the Stuffed Maine Lobster has 240 calories and 7g fat. As for crab legs? A pound of Snow Crab Legs has 160 calories and 1g fat, while the North Pacific King Crab Legs meal has 390 calories and 3.5g fat. (Heads Up: Crab legs are naturally very high in sodium.) Ahoy!

Of course, if you landlubbers want something a little more elaborate...

Broiled Seafood Platter
    PER SERVING (1 order): 280 calories, 8g fat, 1,610mg sodium, 11g carbs -- POINTS® value 5 - 6*

Bay scallops, garlicky shrimp scampi, and stuffed flounder or sole... all together on one guilt-free platter!

SHOCKER! Seaside Shrimp Trio
    PER SERVING (1 order): 1,030 calories, 57g fat, 3,480mg sodium, 68g carbs -- POINTS® value 25*

Don't confuse this entrée with the broiled trio above. Alfredo pasta and fried shrimp sink this ship FAST.

Sides

Cap'n Hungry Girl will now run down the good and bad sides aboard the SS RL...

AYE! Fresh Broccoli
    PER SERVING (1 side): 45 calories, 0.5g fat, 200mg sodium, 6g carbs -- POINTS® value 0 - 1*

BLIMEY! Creamy Langostino Lobster Baked Potato
    PER SERVING (1 order): 370 calories, 12g fat, 1,110mg sodium, 48g carbs -- POINTS® value 8*

YER CALL... Those irresistible Cheddar Bay Biscuits? Each one has 150 calories and 8g fat -- so just do the math before you go tearing through a basketful!

AYE! Fresh Asparagus (Seasonal)
    PER SERVING (1 side): 60 calories, 3g fat, 270mg sodium, 5g carbs -- POINTS® value 1*

BLIMEY! Freshly Cooked Potato Chips
    PER SERVING (1 order): 300 calories, 19g fat, 580mg sodium, 28g carbs -- POINTS® value 7 - 8*

ADD 'ER ON... For only 80 calories and 0.5g fat, get a 1/2-lb. order of Snow Crab Legs with your meal! Or go for a 1/2 lb. of North Pacific King Crab Legs, which has 130 calories and 1g fat. How 'bout them sea legs?!

Dessert Island

SHOCKER! The Warm Chocolate Chip Lava Cookie or the Chocolate Wave
    PER SERVING (1 order): 1,070 - 1,490 calories, 51 - 81g fat, 470 - 950mg sodium, 142 - 172g carbs -- POINTS® value 25 - 37*

These terrifying desserts a la mode are the worst of the bunch. We totally get that a ginormous slice of chocolate cake has such crazy stats... but a COOKIE?

ALSO SHOCKING! The New York-Style Cheesecake with Strawberries or the Key Lime Pie
    PER SERVING (1 order): 520 - 580 calories, 22 - 36g fat, 270 - 450mg sodium, 39 - 88g carbs -- POINTS® value 13*

These are the sweets with the lowest stats... still WAY higher than we'd like. Share one with many of yer mateys, or get off the boat and head home for a no-guilt dessert in your jammies.
    Old 09-17-2010, 11:39 AM
    Banned

OMG Missy that is unbeleavable, somethings have the alloted calories to consume in a day.

I think I lost more weight this week. Could my face look thinner (more wrinkles) from losing just afew pounds????????
    Old 09-17-2010, 12:02 PM

Holey moley, Missy. You sure have done a lot of work to get this information to us. Thank you so much, sweetie. I appreciate you.

My problem is that I love shell fish butttt I have gout so I cannot eat shell fish. Darn!!! At least now I'll know what to order at RL. thanks
    Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    OMG Missy that is unbeleavable, somethings have the alloted calories to consume in a day.

I think I lost more weight this week. Could my face look thinner (more wrinkles) from losing just afew pounds????????
    No kidding! Shocking to me is that those things actually LOOK like they might be good for you. Unreal.

I think it is great you have lost more weight this week. Yay for you! I don't know about the face thing. I am waiting for my face to show a bit of the 50 pounds I have lost.

Missy
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-95403.jpe  
    Old 09-17-2010, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Holey moley, Missy. You sure have done a lot of work to get this information to us. Thank you so much, sweetie. I appreciate you.

My problem is that I love shell fish butttt I have gout so I cannot eat shell fish. Darn!!! At least now I'll know what to order at RL. thanks
    You are so welcome!! Sunday, btw, is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Sooo...Yoohoohoo and a bottle of rum!! hehehe!!

Missy