Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-17-2010, 12:44 PM

Hi gals! I have been busy. busy, busy, and hardly on the board at all this month, but I am hanging in there and doing better than last month's fiasco! I am down four pounds and have cut way back on carbs and way upped my activity levels. Hours sitting in front of either the sewing machine, the computer or the TV have led to a pretty sedentary life style! Speaking of which, I am past my 45 min. computer limit, so, catch you later! Hope every one is doing well! We can do this!
    Old 09-17-2010, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Holey moley, Missy. You sure have done a lot of work to get this information to us. Thank you so much, sweetie. I appreciate you.

My problem is that I love shell fish butttt I have gout so I cannot eat shell fish. Darn!!! At least now I'll know what to order at RL. thanks
    You are so welcome!! Sunday, btw, is Talk Like A Pirate Day. Sooo...Yoohoohoo and a bottle of rum!! hehehe!!

Missy
    OR a bottle of wine!!!!
    Old 09-18-2010, 07:50 PM
    Banned

No one was here today I wonder where you all are!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-18-2010, 08:11 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I have peeked in twice today which I normally do, don't usually write anything unless I have something good to say. Been busy cleaning house and packing. In less than 8 hours I will be on my way to Maui. :D :D Which is a good news/bad news kind of thing. Good news I will get to relax and enjoy the sun instead of this rain. Bad news it is going to be really hard to not gain weight. We have one dinner out planned at the Melting Pot my favorite restaurant, but I think we are going to skip the luau because of all the food and drinks, plus we have been to many of them there. Lost the 5 lbs that I had gained back earlier this month but worried about gaining back more this week. I will try to be good while soaking up the sun and taking a couple of traditional hawaiian quilting classes. Will be peeking in from Hawaii after the sun goes down. :)
    Old 09-18-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Been busy for the past few day, quilting. I have some quilts to finish for Christmas so I'm working my fingers to the bone!!! I do check in to see what's going on, however.
    Old 09-19-2010, 04:39 AM

It's been a very busy week, we are doing a MAJOR clean out at work. I have sorted through about 120 bankers boxes of files (getting them ready to be shredded). Then removed files from 4 lateral file cabinets so we could move the cabinets. Then spent yesterday sitting in the bleachers watching a marching band competition. I am so stiff, sore and tired that I can barely type. Somehow I have to get myself ready to hike with some friends this afternoon. Then I think I will collapse for the rest of the day. Hopefully this will result in a happy dance when I weigh myself tomorrow!
    Old 09-19-2010, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    It's been a very busy week, we are doing a MAJOR clean out at work. I have sorted through about 120 bankers boxes of files (getting them ready to be shredded). Then removed files from 4 lateral file cabinets so we could move the cabinets. Then spent yesterday sitting in the bleachers watching a marching band competition. I am so stiff, sore and tired that I can barely type. Somehow I have to get myself ready to hike with some friends this afternoon. Then I think I will collapse for the rest of the day. Hopefully this will result in a happy dance when I weigh myself tomorrow!
    Just think of all the calories you burned off this week - it's all good!! :thumbup:
    Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 AM

I'm hoping that I burned off a few! But then I got my secret pal package with my favorite peanut butter M&Ms . . .
    Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
    I'm hoping that I burned off a few! But then I got my secret pal package with my favorite peanut butter M&Ms . . .
    M & M ....Malevolent & Malicious :thumbdown:
    Old 09-19-2010, 08:08 AM
    Banned

It is funny how my body must be changing. Today is Sunday my cheat day which use to be pancakes. Last week I forgot and didn't have them. Today I wasn't even in the mood for something that sweet. I had my normal breakfast of oatmeal. Since I think it is good to have a cheat day but didn't know what to cheat with today I decided on garlic bread. I like pasta on Sunday I guess it is the Italian in me so I decided to have garlic bread with my pasta for dinner. I think it is a good cheat.