Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    honestly you have been with Mike for how long now????? you aren't kids you are adults, I don't know how or why you have waited this long.
    We have waited because we want it to be super special. Plus...I want to lose more weight before we go to that level. I just want my body to look better. Does that make sense?

Missy
    Old 09-19-2010, 03:32 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    honestly you have been with Mike for how long now????? you aren't kids you are adults, I don't know how or why you have waited this long.
    We have waited because we want it to be super special. Plus...I want to lose more weight before we go to that level. I just want my body to look better. Does that make sense?

Missy
    All the sense in the world............
    Old 09-19-2010, 03:33 PM

OK OK everyone I know what you will call me...........you will call me a....... slut........... however I never felt that way before but life is short it can be taken from you in an instant enjoy yourself while you are stll breathing!!!!!!!!!!
    I would never call you that. NEVER. But, yes, we know that life can be snatched from us in a moment. That is one reason why I love him so much. He is just perfect and he says the same about me. Life is good when he is in it. :):):):)
    Old 09-19-2010, 04:36 PM

It is funny how my body must be changing. Today is Sunday my cheat day which use to be pancakes. Last week I forgot and didn't have them. Today I wasn't even in the mood for something that sweet. I had my normal breakfast of oatmeal. Since I think it is good to have a cheat day but didn't know what to cheat with today I decided on garlic bread. I like pasta on Sunday I guess it is the Italian in me so I decided to have garlic bread with my pasta for dinner. I think it is a good cheat.
    I posted the other day that I did not have a cheat day well I am eating my words(pun intended) I cheated 2 days this past week --a eating fellowship at church and eating out with friends.. too bad...didnt lose any this week
    Old 09-19-2010, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Missy
    Yes, dear, it makes lots of sense. I personally think it's important to make it super special. Good girl!!!!!
    Old 09-20-2010, 04:51 AM

I think that when you throw sex into the mix of a new relationship it can make things hard to really figure out if it is really love or just lust. Just because a guy can make your eyes roll back into your head doesn't mean it is true love. just means that he knows what he is doing. missy if you wait till you are married then that will make it all the more special because you too are then sharing something more meaningful, well at least to me. I didn't wait till I was married and I really regret it. Yes I did have lots of fun, but knowing that I had many partners makes me feel awful and knowing that my hubby and I couldn't wait make me feel cheap. well at least to me. I hope that you will do what is right for you.
    Old 09-20-2010, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by BettyB
    It is funny how my body must be changing. Today is Sunday my cheat day which use to be pancakes. Last week I forgot and didn't have them. Today I wasn't even in the mood for something that sweet. I had my normal breakfast of oatmeal. Since I think it is good to have a cheat day but didn't know what to cheat with today I decided on garlic bread. I like pasta on Sunday I guess it is the Italian in me so I decided to have garlic bread with my pasta for dinner. I think it is a good cheat.
    I posted the other day that I did not have a cheat day well I am eating my words(pun intended) I cheated 2 days this past week --a eating fellowship at church and eating out with friends.. too bad...didnt lose any this week
    Hang in there Betty. This week will be better. I am cheering you on!

Missy
    Old 09-20-2010, 08:57 AM
    Banned

I don't feel like reading 58 pages and I can't remember who is was that wrote they were going to stop using sugar and use honey instead. I googled health benefits of maple sugar since I have some and want to put it in yogurt. I found the benefits of maple sugar and syrup. REAL MAPLE SYRUP not the pancake garbage. Maple syrup has MORE health benefits then honey is sweeter by weight and has less calories. So what that means is you will use less of the maple syrup to get the sweetness you would get from the honey ans since is is less calories and you are consuming A LOT LESS calories. I buy my maple syrup at Amazon.com the best tasting is Browns Family Farm.
    Old 09-20-2010, 08:59 AM

trupeach - I was going to use honey instead of sugar. :) I found this great article that suggests using four different sugar alternatives: honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, and apple juice concentrate. I have recipes using all four and as soon as I test them myself I'll post the recipe. :D
    Old 09-20-2010, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    trupeach - I was going to use honey instead of sugar. :) I found this great article that suggests using four different sugar alternatives: honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, and apple juice concentrate. I have recipes using all four and as soon as I test them myself I'll post the recipe. :D
    I will be very interested in what you find. I can't have sugar because I am diabetic, so I use sweeteners. I don't like using a chemical to sweeten foods, but, I just need a little bit sometimes. I do use sugar-free coffee and hot chocolate mixes. They help me control going crazy with other foods like Snickers and chocolate cake. Don't forget that molases also has healthy benefits too. I'm starting to use prune juice to sweeten some things. Prune juice has really helped my mother with her diabetes. I'm starting to use it today to see if my sugars will stablize and maintain.