Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-20-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Wise words. Sex changes a realtionship, the focus becomes sex, not getting to know each other.
    You know, although I found that to be true with my ex-boyfriends, that wasn't the case with DH. We felt so comfortable with each other, like we had known each other for years, that sex wasn't a big deal. I wasn't knew to sex and neither was he so it didn't feel like it was such a huge deal when it did happen very soon in our relationship. To each his own and only that person will know what's right for them.
    Old 09-20-2010, 08:06 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Linda58
    I have 100# to lose, so I joined Jenny Craig 2 weeks ago, but didn't get my food until this past Friday, so I went on Lean Cuisne and Smart Ones frozen meals and lots of vegies and salads until I could get my Drs ok, and my food, and I am down 8# so far. I was in the Aug weight loss and gained weight!!!
    So at this point I am very happy. I did the 20# for $20 deal and I think I can do Lean C and Smartones after that!!!
    I did the same thing in July except I did there $49 special where you got a weeks worth of food for $49. I still haven't ate all of it. I used the nutritional info on their packaging and then started figuring out foods that I liked that didn't cost an arm and leg with about the same nutritional value or better and have been doing alot better. Good luck.
    Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 AM

You all are doing so well! I went to 2 cookouts this weekend and even though i didn't eat much i gained 2 more pounds! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm so frustrated!
    Old 09-21-2010, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
    You all are doing so well! I went to 2 cookouts this weekend and even though i didn't eat much i gained 2 more pounds! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! I'm so frustrated!
    I know how you feel. But we all get off the healthy food on occasion. So get back on and look ahead to losing that 2# plus more. You will feel great when it happens!!!
    Old 09-21-2010, 04:14 AM

thank you i just get so depressed when it comes to my weight and eating. Just last night my mom told me " You know you need to lose weight, you're gonna have a heart attack ! " " With Buddy's (hubby) diabetes and you're being heavy there won't be anybody around for your girls !" "you worry me to death!" That sucked big time and made me so depressed and sad!
    Old 09-21-2010, 05:18 AM

don't get depressed or sad, get motivated. your mom wants to help you. she is concerned for your children. which is wonderful.
    (if she is as crazy about your kids as my mom) tell her that she gets them if you guys kick it. hehe that will get a laugh especially if she says have another doughnut. my mom would say this because she just adores my kids, she wants to keep them all the time. i think that she would steal my kids if she could. not really but you guys get what i am saying right?
    Old 09-21-2010, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by sewred
    thank you i just get so depressed when it comes to my weight and eating. Just last night my mom told me " You know you need to lose weight, you're gonna have a heart attack ! " " With Buddy's (hubby) diabetes and you're being heavy there won't be anybody around for your girls !" "you worry me to death!" That sucked big time and made me so depressed and sad!
    WHY do parents (especially Mom's) think that making us feel bad will help??? IT DOESN'T!!!! Just makes it worse, we eat when depressed!!! I will not do that to my girls, I just keep my mouth shut. I try encouraging things, not negative.
    Sometimes their messages are so confusing, after 2 children I was size 4 or 6 and everytime I went to my mother's she would say, "hmmm, looks like you are putting on weight!" It hurt me everytime she said that. Then I met my second hubby and he thought I was too thin, we were at my Mom's and she said it in front of him, and he had a long talk with her, he told her not to say that to me again. She didn't, but on our wedding day she said "I'm surprized you fit into that dress!!!"
    Her words still bother me to this day and I am 58 years old!!
    Mom's please be encouraging, not discouraging.
    Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 AM

Good morning all. Just checking in. I have lost 9lbs so far this month! This week I added taking my dog for a walk for about a mile everyday. Holy smokes I am out of shape big time! I can really feel how my extra weight is taking antoll on me. But I am sure it will get easier as I go. Have a great day!
    Melodie
    Old 09-21-2010, 05:55 AM

When I was 8 years old the family doctor read me the riot act about being over weight and the new 'diet' I was going to have to stick too. In front of a room full of people. I was so mortified I didn't speak for nearly 2 days. From then on, and to this day, I dread the doctor!. I'm always afraid they will want to talk weight. One time my father said he had met someone who had become interested with how little food she could get by on. She had lost a terrific amount of weight and looked really go , he said. I avoided meeting my dad on campus for nearly 2 months because I thought he was going to introduce me to this girl in front of a lot of people.

Anyway, 'How little she could get by on' started me thinking and before I knew it, I was eating these little tiny meals like, a single soda cracker and a piece of lettuce and calling it 'lunch' I stopped eating lunch and breakfast completely and started exercising and riding my bike like crazy. If I ate, I threw up by sticking a fork handle down my throat. This behavior has continued for so many years (at least 40) that now I have fewer than 10 teeth. My metabulish is so slow, 5-800 calories a day lets me gain weight. My back, knees, shoulders, and finger joints show signs of advanced age. My body thinks it is 67 but I'm 55.
    I told my mother all of this this past week. She didn't know how deeply I had been affected by things like the doctor and his approach to shaming me into submission. If a scale is where I can use it, whether or not I can eat will be determined by the number on the scale. I hate food and I hate eating. If they had a drink or apill I could swallow and get all I needed, I would. Never eating again would be great! But...
    Not eating is not okay. Hating food is not okay. Being angry is really not okay. So...
    I am learning to like food again. I love tea time. I like making a plate look pretty and I am learning to enjoy the flavors. It takes work but you and I can come to terms with this.

Since arriving at my mother's home 2.5 weeks ago, I have enjoyed the pleasure of black bread with tuna, rye bread with ham and swiss cheese, a wonderful pot roast without potatoes, but asparagus instead. I've learned how to be able to have a piece of pie or cake on a birthday and not send my blood sugars into outer space. And I have learned the joy of helping another person develop a better relationship with food.

I'm not healthy yet, but I'm lots closer than 3 weeks ago. I've been living in the controlled environment of my mother's home and not at home with my family which has made things lots easier. I finally feel like I'm in control of my eating and that I can change the coarse of my life, if I want too.

Thanks to all of you who support me here. I will need your help, love and prayers as I return to my home and family. Slipping back into old habits is simply not an option.
    Old 09-21-2010, 06:34 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I love molasses too but I thought people would think I was nuts if I ever told anyone.
    We think that anyway Tru.

:-o
    I love you too!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehe