Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM

Tru I've tried that. I have lived on less than 500 calaries for years on end. If I don't eat, my body just shuts its fat self down and won't budge. If I do eat a little it gains. Today is not a good day. I think I'll go do something else.

Have a great day. I'll check in tomorrow.
    Old 09-22-2010, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    There will certainly be a challenge next month., If tru can't do it, I will. I have 143 left to lose and it isn't gonna be gone in a week. I keep having to lose the same 11 pounds over and over again. (sigh)

Sure wish I could have some surgery..
    Gwyn,

I sure wish you could too. I hear how you struggle and I wish there was something I could do to ease the struggle for you. Hang in there!

You are an amazing person!

Missy
    Old 09-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I just wanted to take a moment to update you guys. I saw the Internist this morning and weighed in at the hospital. I have lost another 2.2 pounds for a grand total of 52.2 pounds!! I see the psychologist on the 13th for clearance and then it is time to schedule the surgery! I am sooo excited!!

I could have my surgery by the middle of November. That makes me one happy girl. Well, that and the fact that I am spending the day with Mike. I am very excited about seeing him today. I did not see him yesterday at all. :( *sniff* Life is good when he is in it. *sigh* I am such a sap.

Missy

Now Missy I told you not to post the picture of us from left to right. gwyn. me and you. that was suppose to be just for us. :D :D :D
    Bad Missy! Bad! Bad! *smacks hand*

Hehe!

Missy
    Old 09-22-2010, 03:48 PM

Yeah Tru, five pounds toward a healthier you!
    Old 09-22-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
    There will certainly be a challenge next month., If tru can't do it, I will. I have 143 left to lose and it isn't gonna be gone in a week. I keep having to lose the same 11 pounds over and over again. (sigh)

Sure wish I could have some surgery..
    Gwyn I'm in the same boat as you. I've fell off the wagon rolled down the hill and some how always end up losing and gaining the same weight again and again. I've joined tops lol not the grocery store it's taking pounds of sensibly it's like weight watchers but you follow your own diet and it's cheaper too. What kind of diet plan are you following? I was looking into surgery too but something about getting my stomach cut apart and made smaller just sounds too barbaric and scary to me and it seems like some people Randy Jackson, Carney Wilson who do get it done it doesn't always work which I think scares me too. Sorry for going on and on. I really hope this is kept up next month I'd really like to be a part of this group :)
    Old 09-22-2010, 07:49 PM
    Banned

OMG Missy that would be some nice early Christmas present to have your surgery. When will the final desicion be made. Doing the happy dance for you. My neighbor had the lap band a little over a yesr ago and I saw her yesterday and she is now this skinny little thing. Before the surgery she was about 5'1" and weighed 300 and something lbs. It seems the weight drops off really fast but you can only eat small amounts of food or you get really sick. How long is the recop time????? Keep us posted.
    Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    OMG Missy that would be some nice early Christmas present to have your surgery. When will the final desicion be made. Doing the happy dance for you. My neighbor had the lap band a little over a yesr ago and I saw her yesterday and she is now this skinny little thing. Before the surgery she was about 5'1" and weighed 300 and something lbs. It seems the weight drops off really fast but you can only eat small amounts of food or you get really sick. How long is the recop time????? Keep us posted.
    Oh YES it would definitely be a great Christmas present!! I have to see the psychologist again on the 13th. According to the surgery coordinator, this psychologist calls or emails the coordinator the same day or the next morning with her decision to clear the patient for surgery. That makes me happy because I won't have to wait forever to find out. After that happens then my chart is faxed to the surgeon in Sioux Falls, they get the final approval from the insurance then I go to Sioux Falls to meet with the surgeon and then I go back to Sioux Falls for the surgery. I should be able to have the surgery by November sometime.

The surgeon told me that the first month most patients lose about 30 pounds then for the next year it is a steady amount. I should reach my goal in about 2 years or less.

The recouperation time is very fast. I will only have a couple days where I will have pain. I only have to do the liquid/soft diet for a couple days. Not bad at all. Certainly a lot better than with the gastric bypass.

I am getting really excited because so many good things are happening.

I am also so very happy because of you-know-who. You know...Mike! :):):)

Sunday we are having a BBQ for Mike because it is his birthday. Mike wants me to go over to his place Saturday. We just hate being apart! I really heart him big time!

I know. Blah blah blah Mike. I'm done now. :)

Missy
    Old 09-23-2010, 05:29 AM

Here is your daily dose of the Hungry Girl. I am making these for breakfast on Saturday. Yumm-O!!

Cheesy-Good Breakfast Tartlets

PER SERVING (2 tartlets): 111 calories, 2g fat, 540mg sodium, 10.5g carbs, 0.5g fiber, 1.5g sugars, 11g protein -- POINTSŪ value 2*

These super-decadent breakfast bites can be found in the Morning Minis chapter of Hungry Girl 200 Under 200. Besides being cheesy-good, they're also packed with bacon and full of eggy greatness!

Ingredients:

8 small square wonton wrappers (often stocked with the tofu in the refrigerated section of the supermarket)
    48 sprays I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
    2 slices extra-lean turkey bacon
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese or other flavor you enjoy
    2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature
    1 cup chopped mushrooms
    1 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
    1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
    1/3 cup chopped scallions
    Optional: black pepper

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

Evenly place wrappers flat on a clean, dry surface. Spray each wrapper three times with butter spray, and use your fingers to evenly spread butter. Gently flip wrappers and repeat.

Carefully transfer wrappers to the pan, placing each in a muffin cup and pressing to form the cup shape. Bake in the oven until firm and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.

Prepare bacon according to package directions, either in the microwave or in a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray. Once cool enough to handle, chop and set aside.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine cheese wedge and cream cheese. Stir until blended. Warm in the microwave, about 15 seconds, and then stir again. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add egg substitute, salt, and scallions. Scramble until mostly cooked. Slowly fold in cheese mixture and continue to scramble until fully cooked.

Remove from heat and stir in chopped bacon. Evenly distribute egg mixture among the baked wonton cups. Serve warm. If you like, season to taste with pepper and additional salt. Yum!

MAKES 4 SERVINGS

HG Alternative! Prefer regular turkey bacon or the center-cut kind? Use either of those and each 2-tartlet serving will have 117 calories and 2.75g fat (POINTSŪ value 2*). Still a bargain!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-98319.jpe  
    Old 09-23-2010, 05:32 AM
    Banned

Missy I forgot to tell you once you have it done you have to exercise. I am sure the doc have told you but incase that haven't. The reason is because you will be dropping the weight so fast if you don't exercise the extra skin will hang and bag. If you exercise the skin will tighten up as you lose the weight. Did I explain myself correctly????? You know we are here for you and you can count on us for ALL the support you need. We love you Missy!!!!!!!
    Old 09-23-2010, 05:42 AM

I am so glad this challenge and 'thread' was started. Since September 1 I have lost 12 pounds. I started WW last week and have my first weigh in today - I can't wait. I've also started strength training classes and upped my walking routine. I feel SO much better in just the few weeks I've been doing this and this thread gives me so much encouragement to continue. I can already tell my pants that were tight last month are fitting nicely again! Thank you all for your stories, recipies, challanges and triumphs - It gives me so much motivation to continue!