Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SandraD
    WhoooHooo - Down 4.2 this week at WW!!
    Oh Sandra that is wonderful news!!!!! Way to go!!

Missy
    Old 09-23-2010, 12:49 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Drum roll please........................Since 9/1 I have lost a total of 5 lbs which is not a lot but it is better then a gain. 40 more to go. If it takes me 10 more months to lose it that is fine with me. Beside that if I lose it to fast who will host this thread and where would I go everyday if I didn't have this thread to go to??????
    Tru,

I am so happy and excited for you! 5 lbs that is great especially after staying the same for awhile. WAY TO GO!!! Keep up the good work. I am here in Maui and haven't seen a scale all week. Doing everything during the day the same but dinners have been eating out. I hate to think what the scale will show when I get home but for now I am enjoying the vacation. Tonights dinner will have the most impact tho because we are going to The Melting Pot a fondue restaurant. I love the Melting Pots. But then I will really try to be good the rest of the week.

Sherryl
    Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM
    Banned

I just realized it I have been having to pull up my pants the entire day. I rolled the waist over and everything the way the kids do. They are knit with elastic waist, are there any other kind?????????? I was tripping over the legs, they were covering my feet and falling down as I walk. SOOOOOOOOOO I had to have lost more weight. Well actually I haven't worn these pants in about 2 weeks so maybe it is the weight I lost last week. It is almost 7pm and stupid me finally took them off if I didn't hold them up and continued to walk I would have been butt naked..............not a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!
    Old 09-23-2010, 04:26 PM

trupeach - Me too! lol

I just came back from the dr. and I've lost 15 lbs since the last time I saw her in August. Woo! She also prescribed some meds for me to help with my insulin levels (I have PCOS) and she's thrilled I'm off sugar and told me to keep up the good work.

I feel very happy about the visit. :) Hooray to a healthier me!
    Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by SandraD
    I am so glad this challenge and 'thread' was started. Since September 1 I have lost 12 pounds. I started WW last week and have my first weigh in today - I can't wait. I've also started strength training classes and upped my walking routine. I feel SO much better in just the few weeks I've been doing this and this thread gives me so much encouragement to continue. I can already tell my pants that were tight last month are fitting nicely again! Thank you all for your stories, recipies, challanges and triumphs - It gives me so much motivation to continue!
    wow great!
    Old 09-23-2010, 07:18 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Hi everyone though I would check in, it has been a few days. I am doing good on my eating and exercise but I have been dealing with a nasty cold. I am feeling better today. I am excited because I put on a pair on jammy bottoms that were way too tight at the beginning of summer and now they are very loose on me, YAY!!! I don't seem to be losing any weight but my waste line is still getting smaller and when I look in the mirror my face looks smaller, not so round and pudgy and the double chin is shrinking too. I am feeling good about the weight loss.
    Want to let you all know that I have been reading this thread everyday and keeping up with how you all are doing.
    Old 09-23-2010, 10:19 PM

Way to go everyone. Keep it up an by Chriztmaz you will all be much healthier an we will zee far lezz of you.
    Old 09-24-2010, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I just realized it I have been having to pull up my pants the entire day. I rolled the waist over and everything the way the kids do. They are knit with elastic waist, are there any other kind?????????? I was tripping over the legs, they were covering my feet and falling down as I walk. SOOOOOOOOOO I had to have lost more weight. Well actually I haven't worn these pants in about 2 weeks so maybe it is the weight I lost last week. It is almost 7pm and stupid me finally took them off if I didn't hold them up and continued to walk I would have been butt naked..............not a pretty sight!!!!!!!!!
    Tru,

That is so exciting, isn't it? I too put on a pair of pajamas and they not only fit but are a bit big. To me, the proof of our weight loss is in the pudding so to speak. Our clothes are getting looser and fitting better, we are able to do more exercise, etc.

I am very excited for you!

Missy
    Old 09-24-2010, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    trupeach - Me too! lol

I just came back from the dr. and I've lost 15 lbs since the last time I saw her in August. Woo! She also prescribed some meds for me to help with my insulin levels (I have PCOS) and she's thrilled I'm off sugar and told me to keep up the good work.

I feel very happy about the visit. :) Hooray to a healthier me!
    Oh that is great news!! I have a friend that has PCOS and has struggled with her weight. I am very happy for you that you have lost 15 pounds. That is just terrific!

You are right. Hooray for healthier us!!!

Missy
    Old 09-24-2010, 03:30 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Hi everyone though I would check in, it has been a few days. I am doing good on my eating and exercise but I have been dealing with a nasty cold. I am feeling better today. I am excited because I put on a pair on jammy bottoms that were way too tight at the beginning of summer and now they are very loose on me, YAY!!! I don't seem to be losing any weight but my waste line is still getting smaller and when I look in the mirror my face looks smaller, not so round and pudgy and the double chin is shrinking too. I am feeling good about the weight loss.
    Want to let you all know that I have been reading this thread everyday and keeping up with how you all are doing.
    YAY!!! I am so excited for you!!! I also put on jammies yesterday and they fit so good (maybe even a bit big). I love it when I see the changes in the mirror!

You are doing so good. Once that cold goes away you will feel better than ever about your weight loss!!!

I am so proud of everyone!

Missy