Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up >
  • Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

• Weight loss challenge with a prize......Sept sign up

Old 09-24-2010, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    lol, Gwyn. Maybe I should buy some maternity clothes and then give them away and hope I get pregnant. ;) We've been trying for a while now and I hope it happens soon.
    Zorry,it boezn't work that way.
    Old 09-24-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewred
    Well, I think i am going to rejoin Weight Watchers today! I did before and lost 40 pounds but quit and gained it back and more. My hubby said he will support me as long as i stick with it! I have a long way to go i need to lose about 130 pounds to get down to what i'd like to weigh and 110 to get back down to what i weighed when i met my hubby. Anybody here doing WW? Does this disqualify me from this month's challenge?
    Yes, I am.
    Old 09-24-2010, 06:39 PM

It is the weirdest thing----I am going back 5 days to read the threads. I have not been receiving any weight challenge threads at all. Began to wonder if I did something!!! :)

Donna
    Old 09-24-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Missy I forgot to tell you once you have it done you have to exercise. I am sure the doc have told you but incase that haven't. The reason is because you will be dropping the weight so fast if you don't exercise the extra skin will hang and bag. If you exercise the skin will tighten up as you lose the weight. Did I explain myself correctly????? You know we are here for you and you can count on us for ALL the support you need. We love you Missy!!!!!!!
    Oh Tru!!!!!!!!! I so love you guys too!!!!

Yes I definitely will have to exercise. I already have a pannus (hanging belly) and the surgeon told me that after I get to my goal then I will have to have that removed. No biggie according to the surgeon. I will then have a flat stomach for the first time in my life. I already am walking in the channel at the pool about 2 miles. I am going to add some weights and also some circuit training.

Because I started out weighing over 450 pounds there will be some element of loose skin but the exercise will help some of that.

I hope you guys are doing well this morning!! I am about to take my nephew to school. I will be back home in about 20 minutes.

Missy
    Missy, My daughter-in-law had hers removed after she lost 120 lbs. She looks great. My daughter on the other hand, cannot afford to have hers removed yet so she struggles with the belly. They have both had bypass surgery. You will look wonderful, girl
    Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    It is the weirdest thing----I am going back 5 days to read the threads. I have not been receiving any weight challenge threads at all. Began to wonder if I did something!!! :)

Donna
    Well, you're not the only one. I've been receiving some of this thread, not all, and not receiving some of my other watched topics. Admin thinks it's my server, but I'm not sure that's the case. I've had to go back to check on all the threads I've marked to make sure of what's going on. I hope Admin can clear this up.

Congratulations to all of you who have been faithfully losing. I'm trying, but definitely not losing as much as some of you. And the holidays are coming up! What's a girl to do. :wink:
    Old 09-24-2010, 08:10 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Evie

Donna
    Well, you're not the only one. I've been receiving some of this thread, not all, and not receiving some of my other watched topics. Admin thinks it's my server, but I'm not sure that's the case. I've had to go back to check on all the threads I've marked to make sure of what's going on. I hope Admin can clear this up.
    I haven't received any e-mails for this thread or any others since I think March. At that time I contacted Admin and still no e-mails. I then chaged names and e-mail addy and got a new computer and still never got e-mails. This is crazy and I get pissed that I never know what is going on and have to do a search if I want to find anything
    Old 09-24-2010, 08:28 PM

Donna
    I haven't received any e-mails for this thread or any others since I think March. At that time I contacted Admin and still no e-mails. I then chaged names and e-mail addy and got a new computer and still never got e-mails. This is crazy and I get pissed that I never know what is going on and have to do a search if I want to find anything
    I think it's their server. I sure hope they fix it. This is silly.
    Old 09-25-2010, 02:37 AM

Donna
    I think it's their server. I sure hope they fix it. This is silly.
    This is my first email of this thread in several days. I thought it was because of trouble my cable company had with Hurricane Igor so didn't really question it. Obviously not so! :?
    Old 09-25-2010, 04:20 AM

I did rejoin Weight Watchers Wednesday and I weighed this morning and I have officially lost all 3.4 pounds I gained over the last 2 weeks! YAY!!!!
    Old 09-25-2010, 06:39 AM

I'm making WW a lifetime thing. The minute I stop I gain. Have lost a modest amount since signing up here. Two young energetic dogs make it impossible to postpone exercise. They are pacing and complaining as I write. Guss I'd better get dressed and hit the trail.