• General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-25-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good morning, everyone.
    This is going to be a great day!

My friend and I are going to Tupelo, where she will be applying for a job. I'm just riding along for the sunshine and the chance to get out of the house.

It is really pretty here today, but cold.

I've stayed on my diet this morning, so far. No other news.
    SEW glad to hear you are getting out. It will be good for you. Some sunshine, conversation with a friend. Maybe even go out for a low calorie meal.
    Love and prayers,
    Pat
    Old 03-25-2011, 07:58 AM

Quilting Nana, my friends and family haven't gained weight with knee replacements. Remember, you have all that PT and you want to eat healthier to heal, too. I didn't gain weight when I was wheelchair bound for parts of two years having my feet rebuilt. I did buy a seated exercise video.

My weight loss is stalled, but at least I'm not gaining. You'd think I'd drop a few pounds with the removal of at least 250 calories a day in chocolate. I wonder if it's still the cortisone? You wouldn't think injected would do it like ingested, but I guess it's in your bloodsteam.

Catch you later. It's too pretty out to sit here.
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:07 AM

Oh my! I have a ton of catching up to do, but wanted to say hello and

HAPPY FRIDAY Y'ALL!
    Old 03-25-2011, 11:27 AM

Road my bike to the doctor, (20+ miles.) My blood pressure is 100/70, heart rate is 70, weight is 169. Had blood tests and will know by next week if my cholesterol is normal. If it is the only medication I will be taking is for allergies!

She gave me a great formula for how many calories you can eat a day to maintain your weight. It is your weight multiplied by 11. Therfore, if I want to weigh 135, it is 135 x 11 = 1,485. 1,485 calories a day will maintain my weight at that level. But, as I need to continue to lose, I will lose weight at 1,485 calories but slower than I had been.
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM

Hi all, been away for a while but still with you in spirit. Have lost a little but no gain is success for me. I have a lot of reading to catch up on hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon.
    Gail
    Old 03-25-2011, 02:43 PM

I have missed so much this week!

Sandy, have you ever had the Synvisc injections? My R knee is bone on bone, but the dr said I am too young for replacement surgery. I got them in Nov, 2010, plus a brace. It was my first day without pain in over a year. Looks like my L knee will be next. This months MRI shows similar damage as in my R knee. My heart goes out to you. I've read the rehab involved - my dr says it creates a real hardship. Hope you have a supportive hubby. My dr also told me I would have to get my weight down BEFORE my surgery. He told me that One pound of body weight created Four pounds of force on my knees and as few as 10# loss would reap huge benefits. I can see where weight gain would be a big problem. Good luck to you my friend!

Carrie, I so hope the doctor finds a cause and gives your DD a solution.

MJ, what a scary story! So grateful to hear it was treatable so quickly! You are having weather like I am.

Tru, I do not know how to eat artichokes. Only time I ever tried - from the jar with olive oil, I think.

Carol, my goal is to get off my meds also. Weigh loss will help with that a lot, I hope. WTG with the 20+ miles bike ride.

Been a hectic week for me. My eating has been crummy and I've done NO exercise. I did get some KT tape as recommended by a friend who is also a running coach. She says it really helps with pain. Gonna use it when I start Turbo Fire. Have done pitiful amounts of quilting, but my taxes are done, my son has his new phone, and hubby's cable is all installed. Yesterday my oldest turned 28 - I think that is about the time I started using my brains. She scared me to death - a week ago she totaled her car. Praise God she was not hurt and the kids were not with her. Today she is driving brand new wheels.

All is right in the world when my family's needs are met.

Hugs.
    lynne

Oh yeah, did you notice the site will be under maintenance next Tuesday?
    Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM

Lynne, Praise God your daughter is okay!!! I asked the Dr about those injections, as you and someone else had mentioned them. He said it "may" buy me 6 months-yr time, tops. However, I decided to go ahead and get it done now. I'm being optimistic and I will NOT become a couch potatoe and do nothing while recouperating. I will do exercises while sitting down, for upper body and with my left leg, and of course whatever PT allows me to do with my right leg. And of course, continue doing good with my eating. Hubby will be doing the grocery shopping and if I say no sweets, believe me, there won't be no sweets. He is thin and isn't a junk eater, so we've had no "junk" food in the house for a couple months now. I did bad in FL, but I've had no problem getting back on track, once I got back home.

I hope you all have a good weekend and do good with healthy eating. To all that are losing weight, HOORAY for you. For those of us that haven't, let's pick up a pace and "get er done". Carol, you go girl, riding that bike so far. woo hooo. Sandy
    Old 03-25-2011, 09:35 PM

Carrie, I though of you today. I was in WalMart for printer ink and, of course, had to check out the fabric. Have you seen the Garden Picnic line? It's a single color on white border print with an allover coordinate. It looks like a Summer sundress. Might need a lining, but it'd be worth it. How your daughter doing? Headaches are miserable though I've never had a migraine.
    Old 03-26-2011, 07:52 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Carrie, I though of you today. I was in WalMart for printer ink and, of course, had to check out the fabric. Have you seen the Garden Picnic line? It's a single color on white border print with an allover coordinate. It looks like a Summer sundress. Might need a lining, but it'd be worth it. How your daughter doing? Headaches are miserable though I've never had a migraine.
    I haven't seen that collection at my WM yet. Mine does have some really nice black, white, red and yellow fabs that I would love to have but I would have to sell what I've got first. Now that's an idea!!

My DD now has a cold and is miserable. She is still complaining about the migraines. We find out Monday if the MRI shows anything.
    Thank you Irishrose for thinking about us.
    Old 03-26-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    I haven't seen that collection at my WM yet. Mine does have some really nice black, white, red and yellow fabs that I would love to have but I would have to sell what I've got first. Now that's an idea!!

My DD now has a cold and is miserable. She is still complaining about the migraines. We find out Monday if the MRI shows anything.
    Thank you Irishrose for thinking about us.
    Carrie, your poor daughter. I pray for fast relief for her.