Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-19-2011, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    I messaged him late last night after my last post. I did it under the other name. I asked when was the best time to talk to him. I also asked if he was interested in anyone. he wrote a LONG message back all about the liras and cheaters and the dating site and to be careful blah blah blah and that NO he wasn't interested in anyone but if he would become interested in anyone he would like her know. He said he didn't want to just message he wanted to talk to them and meet them for coffee. He hasn't met me yet he is making plans to meet them. OH WELL I will be sad but I will get over it. Missy was with Mike for 2 months I have been talking to him for 2 months I guess that is the time limit with guys you meet on line. But I am still sad, and hurt. And once again in my life I am disappointed by yet another guy.
    So sorry , this dirt bag is treating u so terrible...
    But there ARE some good ones out there.( such as DH , yes, he has a brother mbut brother is taken too) U have to go thru alot of riff raff to find a keeper!

A GF and I did exactly as u proposed in ur ealier post... Her fella was one she actually met and was " in a relationship"( via cross country-she in TX , he in MA)She was into this almost a year. I had met him once , when I took her to the airport to pick him up. She got suspicious, and I posed as me and started chit chatting on YIM..... dang if he didn't start hitting on me.. of course her, being my BFF, I tattled as fast as I could!... she decided she wanted to see how far he would go with me. ( maybe it was idle chit chat, guy yap,) He told me he wanted to meet me and have a wonderful weekend, just the two of us, yada yada yada.... He flew in to our local airport ( back when u could still meet at the gates) When he got off the plane, there WE stood..... he tried to say I had been hitting onhim, and he was coming to TELL her what a aweful friend I was.... needless to say.. we left him standing at the airport gate...

don't give up... took me a long time to find my prince
    Old 03-19-2011, 09:59 AM

Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a good day. I am back in AL. I was sad to leave my precious family in FL but I have been gone 2 1/2 weeks and it was time to come home.

Donna D, your fat quarter went to FL with me but never made it out of the trunk. It is back in AL but will mailed out to you on Monday. Sorry for the delay.

I am going to weigh tomorrow morning. I dread it, as I have eaten more in FL then I had been eating lately. But, its time to face the scale and get my butt back in gear. I will be riding my new bike, starting today. Have a good weekend. Sandy
    Old 03-19-2011, 11:34 AM

The good news is I made a little bit of money on the garage sale. The bad news is I spent that and more buying the other ladies junk! So I'm down 24.25. She had a lot of art supplies that I bought for the grandchildren. Brand new still in the box, for pennies on the dollar. Grandkids will be happy, husband is happy, I've cleaned out some junk. And what didn't sell will be donated to charity.

Tru, be glad you found out now he's a liar and a schmuzer. He could have taken you for a bumpy ride.

Well off to my bike ride!
    Old 03-19-2011, 12:54 PM
    Banned

i have eaten like a pig for 3 days I KNOW I gained but I NEVER bake for myself anymore. The amount of food I have been cooing, baking and eating is sinful. Jim is taking all the leftovers with him............Monday starts a new day so I am not that upset. I haven't exercised since Wed so that will start up again too.
    Old 03-19-2011, 01:25 PM

i have eaten like a pig for 3 days I KNOW I gained but I NEVER bake for myself anymore. The amount of food I have been cooing, baking and eating is sinful. Jim is taking all the leftovers with him............Monday starts a new day so I am not that upset. I haven't exercised since Wed so that will start up again too.
    Soooo, which pig are you? Miss Piggy, Olivia, and Petunia are already spoken for.
    Old 03-19-2011, 03:15 PM
    Banned

I GUESS I WILL BE PORKY!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: I will cry wee wee wee all the way home. I know different story but I went to the refrigerator and cried wee wee wee when I got off the scale. :shock: :shock: Actually Porky says thats all folks
    Old 03-19-2011, 06:35 PM

I messaged him late last night after my last post. I did it under the other name. I asked when was the best time to talk to him. I also asked if he was interested in anyone. he wrote a LONG message back all about the liras and cheaters and the dating site and to be careful blah blah blah and that NO he wasn't interested in anyone but if he would become interested in anyone he would like her know. He said he didn't want to just message he wanted to talk to them and meet them for coffee. He hasn't met me yet he is making plans to meet them. OH WELL I will be sad but I will get over it. Missy was with Mike for 2 months I have been talking to him for 2 months I guess that is the time limit with guys you meet on line. But I am still sad, and hurt. And once again in my life I am disappointed by yet another guy.
    Tru, I am so sorry that you have been hurt and glad that you see him for what he is before he rips your heart in two. There is a great and honest guy out there for you - I just believe it.
    Old 03-20-2011, 08:07 AM
    Banned

Weigh in this morning I am up 3 lbs and I consider that not bad. I have been eating non stop since the kids arrived and have exercised so I am happy it was only 3. ALL the cake, pies, brownies, bread, dip, potato salad and eveything thing else is gone. I sent them on their way with everything. Lasagna, chicken pot pie, I can't even think of what else. I kept the whole milk I love it in coffee and tea so that is OK. I love whole milk so that is the most fattening thing for now. I have 1/2 gal it won't last long. I am having steak for dinner with a baked potato and cauliflower. Tomorrow I will cook for me and go back to exercising. I know it will take a day or 2 of feeling like I am starving so I want to make bean soup that will fill me up along with making multi grain bread. I WILL BE BACK ON TRACK if it kills me. Actually I am so depressed today, not about my weight but other issues I hope it does kill me.
    Old 03-20-2011, 10:14 AM

Tru,
    Better you know his character now than when you've invested even more in the relationship. I commiserate with you. Sending you a big, big HUG.

Missy's family is back, now I won't get to call her every night. :cry: This has been a lot of fun for me.

I gained back to 272, but today I did something positive and went to the gym. I walked 1/2 mile and rode a bicycle 1 mile. For me this was awesome effort!

Carrie, I saw a preacher on tv today from your neck of the woods. Hope Chapel, or something like that. Not sure about the sermon, but he tried hard.

Sandy, glad you are back home. Gkids are great but there's no place like home.
    Old 03-20-2011, 01:07 PM

Purple, exercise and diet is the key to losing weight. I tried exercise only, didn't work. I tried reducing calories, it worked for a while, but I couldn't keep it off. Exercise and diet has helped a lot. It has almost been a year and I am still losing. The first thirty pounds were the hardest for me. These last thirty aren't difficult as far as sticking to a healthy diet, but it is coming off very slowly.

I have added back calories into my diet so my weight loss should be about a pound a week for now on. I hope to be down to where I want to be (135) by mid-June. It will be my one year anniversity.