Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-24-2011, 09:14 AM

Good morning! I got up at 5, but went back to bed about 7:30. Just got up again, had breakfast and pills. I feel better today. No bleeding, thank goodness!

I found those thin Bagels at the grocery store and they are fantastic! I just love them, so goooood. Only 110 calories!

Thank you for your prayers and well wishes. I will get strong again and back on track. We all have bumps in the road.
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM

MJ, glad to see your smiling face. We were getting concerned.

The person who blows my heavy snowfalls came by. I'm not snowed in any more. I do up to 5", but over 12" is too much for me. Woohoo! Spring in N Mich.
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:37 AM

Irish,
    It is 74F today. I'm sending sunshine your way!
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 AM

My knee replacement surgery is scheduled for 4/12. More xrays were taken at my Ortho appt this morning. The left side of my knee is bone on bone. There is no cushion. Hence all the pain. The inner part of my knee is worsening, even more so since the last xray 7 weeks ago. So, it aint' getting better, just worse. I told Dr I am ready to be on the mend. This has been going on too long. So, I will have total knee replacement, and finally start mending. I just really dread the long/extensive reahab/recoup but know it is all part of this. Hope you are all having a good day. Sandy
    Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM

Sandy,
    The waiting and the dreading are the worst parts.

Start reading positive rehab stories, positive inspirational messages and uplifting novels. All of this positive energy will surround you and help you heal. Get on some prayer lists. Duke University had a study that had a group of people that had heart surgery, 1/2 were being prayed for *unknowingly* and the other not. The prayed for group had a much better outcome.
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:12 AM

MJ, We've got sunshine. Actually, it's very pretty out - just doesn't look like Spring. I'm glad I can get out to walk the dogs without wading over a foot of snow in the driveway.

Sandy, a friend at church just had a knee repalcement last Fall. She spent a few weeks in a local nursing home for rehab and did very well. She loves it and can't wait for the next one. Those of us on this thread so inclined will be glad to pray for you.
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:13 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Sandy you will be so happy that you finally had the surgery when it's all done and over with.
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I took my DD to have an MRI this morning. The migraines are not going away and she seems to have them all the time now. When we went to Walmart last night she got real dizzy and almost fell. I've been dealing with a lot here lately so I'm sorry I haven't been here much to chat with you all. As far as my weight loss goes it's just not happening right now. You all take care and I will check in from time to time.
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:25 AM

Carrie,
    Praying for you and DD.
    Hugs,
    MJ
    Old 03-24-2011, 10:37 AM

Carrie, praying for your daughter, and you, Sweetie. Hope the Drs can get to the bottom of whats causing her migraines.

MJ and Irishrose, I sure do believe in the power of prayer. I appreciate all the prayers from all of you. Big hugs to all.

UPDATE ON JAMES' parents: John and Tammy, James' parents have set up a scholarship fund, in James' name. They are also trying to raise funds for their local dive team. When Valdosta's dive team was searching for James, they could only stay in the water approx 10 minutes at the time, due to the cold temps. They had to switch off real often. When divers came from other towns, counties and even states, they had much better dive equipment and their divers could stay under the water, searching for longer periods of time. Tammy and John pray no one else has to go through what they did, in losing James, but in case there is ever another need for Valdosta's dive team, they want to make sure they have good dive equipment. They started the fund with their money. Family, now friends and surrounding businesses and such are adding to it. John and Tammy are "coping" with the loss of James. James definitely left a legacy behind and still amazes me the people that kid reached in his 17 yrs of life. He was sure a testiment for God's love!

Have a beautiful day! Sandy