Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-24-2011, 11:05 AM

Carrie, thinking of you and your daughter. Two of my daughters had some serious health issues as teens and, as a parent, you want so badly to fix it. I assume if she's feeling faint, that a fasting blood sugar has been done. The stress of being a teen can cause havoc with blood sugar and caused other problems.
    Old 03-24-2011, 11:07 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Carrie, thinking of you and your daughter. Two of my daughters had some serious health issues as teens and, as a parent, you want so badly to fix it. I assume if she's feeling faint, that a fasting blood sugar has been done. The stress of being a teen can cause havoc with blood sugar and caused other problems.
    They haven't checked her blood sugar. If they don't find anything then I will suggest that to them. Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes.
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    My knee replacement surgery is scheduled for 4/12. More xrays were taken at my Ortho appt this morning. The left side of my knee is bone on bone. There is no cushion. Hence all the pain. The inner part of my knee is worsening, even more so since the last xray 7 weeks ago. So, it aint' getting better, just worse. I told Dr I am ready to be on the mend. This has been going on too long. So, I will have total knee replacement, and finally start mending. I just really dread the long/extensive reahab/recoup but know it is all part of this. Hope you are all having a good day. Sandy
    My DBIL had both knees done at the same time. He started his rehab before he had the surgery. The exercises made his muscles stronger so when he had the surgery he healed faster. Just a thought
    Sending you positive thoughts.
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:35 PM

Nana,
    Good to see you on here at the same time as me. :D

How are you doing?
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    They haven't checked her blood sugar. If they don't find anything then I will suggest that to them. Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes.
    Carrie,
    Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:38 PM

Nana, I was doing PT until about 3 weeks ago, at PT office and at home, due to my knee surgery in Dec to repair torn meniscus. I wish he had just gone ahead and done the knee replacement then. Oh well, too late to think about that now. That is a good idea to start rehab before my surgery. Maybe I will start back doing the strengthening exercises they had me doing. Thanks for the info and tip.

I also had someone tell me, the other day, that she gained 50 lbs after her knee replacement surgery. OK, ladies, I cannot do that. I will NOT do that. I am on a weight loss journey and I will not let myself gain back the lbs I've lost nor the surgery hamper me from keeping on with my losing. I will do whatever exercises and movement I can do, while recouping from this surgery. Sandy
    Old 03-24-2011, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    Nana, I was doing PT until about 3 weeks ago, at PT office and at home, due to my knee surgery in Dec to repair torn meniscus. I wish he had just gone ahead and done the knee replacement then. Oh well, too late to think about that now. That is a good idea to start rehab before my surgery. Maybe I will start back doing the strengthening exercises they had me doing. Thanks for the info and tip. Sandy
    Good luck
    Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 PM
    Banned

Carries Joyce was so sick when she was in 10th grade and yet the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She couldn't even lift her head off the pillow. She used my walker to get to the bathroom. Test upon test and nothing was found. One day she was in the doctors office having blood drawn and her blood presure dropped so fast they called an ambulance and the doctor were yelling they were losing her. The nurse draged me out of the room. She ended up on homeschool for 7 months however after about 4 months she was much better. They don't know what was wrong or what caused all the problems. Hang in there DD will get better.
    Old 03-24-2011, 01:17 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you Tru!!
    Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nana
    Originally Posted by bluteddi
    Trupeach1: I just dab some honey on the spot x 20 min. Rinse and then liberally sprinkle it with garlic powder>>?

Do I wrap it up while the honey is on it>?? If I dont' I'll forget and lick it off... blush

I'm applying my first " honey /garlic "poltice now
    I must have missed a post. What are we applying honey and garlic powder on?????
    MJ,

LOL.... u snooze u loose!!!I shouldn't tell u.....hehehe but I will.

I have a "knot" on a middle knuckle and trupeach1 sez that this honey garlic thing will reduce it ...... I already saw the Dr. and their first treatment didnt do a thing.. so they are referring me to a "surgeon". But of course I can't get in until next week. (I've had it since late Jan/early Feb)

How are you doing today??? Did you sleep well last night??? Or did are you sleeping during the day???
    I am praying for your health.
    Pat