Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am >
  • weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

• weight loss challenge with a prize sign up.....ends March 2 @8am

Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM

ladies-leanne---currently, i just finished the ole red barn in BOM. i'm doing the stars BOM also. doing 2 of each one each month. and i liked the friendship star block so much--12 inches. easy no thinking and watching a 12 mo old grandson,---so started a quilt out of scrapy friendship stars. just finished a LQ of pinwheels. and posted the picture here. anything else i start will be a UFO.
    Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by dgrindey
    Originally Posted by trupeach1
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday, Tru. My birthday was yesterday, the 4th. DonnaG
    Thank you. I know yours was yesterday I wished you a happy birthday. It is probably back about 5 pages.
    Old 03-05-2011, 08:24 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Happy Birthday, Tru. My birthday was yesterday, the 4th. DonnaG
    Thank you. I know yours was yesterday I wished you a happy birthday. It is probably back about 5 pages.
    thanks, honey.
    Old 03-05-2011, 08:27 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sewNso
    ladies-leanne---currently, i just finished the ole red barn in BOM. i'm doing the stars BOM also. doing 2 of each one each month. and i liked the friendship star block so much--12 inches. easy no thinking and watching a 12 mo old grandson,---so started a quilt out of scrapy friendship stars. just finished a LQ of pinwheels. and posted the picture here. anything else i start will be a UFO.
    show off!!!!! :-P :-P :-P but did you exercise today????????
    Old 03-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Just been browsing through all the threads.

Missy, when are you having your lap band? I thought it was going to be the other surgery---do you have to lose all the weight before the surgery? Are you feeling well, my dear? Let us know when the big date is.

Tru, I think we are going to have some more fun this month with all the "new feisty" joiners!!! LOL They sure are coming up with some good stuff.

I am still with WW and finding that I am losing very slowly but that is better, so I'm told, than losing tons all at once. However, I want to lose at least 60 lbs. by July for my granddaughter's wedding and at the rate I'm going, I may not. So, I am going to continue on WW; however, I am going to lessen my food intake as well and see how that works. I am exercising with Leslie Sansome and doing some yoga (mostly for my fybermyalgia).

Have a good weekend.
    DonnaG
    {{hugs}}} to another fibromyalgia member... I never realized how many of us there are out there..... I dont feel so alone.....
    Old 03-06-2011, 12:35 AM

Yikes! I didn't get on here until late tonight and I was like 7 pages behind! Oh well, it's good reading.

Happy Birthday Tru, even though technically (sp?) it's a day late! And Happy Birthday to all of you other March Birthdays past and yet to come.

My friend talked me into taking a Dear Jane class with her. I didn't really like the quilt and thought I wouldn't care for the class. It is set up to meet once a month for two hours. We don't bring our machines we just show up and listen to our instructor speak for most of the two hours and then she gives us patterns for 10 blocks to do that month. Well I was wrong! I love the class we have only met twice so far but this lady can speak so well and is really knowlegable about the civil war. She makes 2 hours fly by. So that is what I am trying to work on right now. I get so mad I have only got 2 blocks done so far (I am supposed to have 20 done by next Sat.)Does anyone else have trouble getting to actually get the time or piece and quiet to quilt? I have two teenage daughters who I love to death,thier boyfriends and a typical dumb husband who seem to keep this place in such chaos I never get to do anything for me. My girls were never like this until they became teenagers and thier brains fell out! They are thoughtless and act like everything is all about them all of the time or they are fighting with each other and driving me nuts! I am wondering will they go back to the nice girls I raised when they get older or did I waste all of those years raising them for nothing? Well now that I got way off track (Sorry it has been one of those days) I do like the class but working with such little blocks is going to be new to me. I am not doing reprodution fabrics though, I decided to do blues with a cream background for my bedroom. So that is what I am working on right now.....errr tryin to!

One other question..... has anyone else noticed how much better food tastes when you are not stuffing your face 24/7? either that or I have become an amazing cook! NOT! LOL!
    I can't believe how quick you start to feel better! I know at first you loose water wieght but I feel calmer, have more energy, and don't feel so stiff when I get up to walk, and I am not wanting to eat all of the time for some reason. (We know that part won't last) :roll:
    Old 03-06-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Wanda_GA
    I've never done this before, but hopefully this will be the incentive I need. And BTW all you March children I've been married longer than your age!! lol
    me tooooo.
    Old 03-06-2011, 06:48 AM
    Banned

Sunday morning weigh in and I am down 3 lbs this week. I now weigh.....175............for a total of 34 lbs lost. I LOVE thoses 0's and 5's. When I hit one I feel so accomplished.
    Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I weighed last night and I'm very disappointed in myself. :( I put 2 pounds on. I've gone back to eating better so I don't know what's wrong.
    Old 03-06-2011, 07:05 AM
    Banned

Carrie it will take a week or 2 for your body to re adjust so don't worry. also is it THAT time of the month or close to it? that will add the extra weight. Missy's standard eat prunes and de crap yourself....lol

Look how depressed I was getting I was yoyoing for months I didn't know why. Then I said the hell with it and ate what I wanted for about 2 weeks then started to diet again and now lost the last 2 weeks. I think I needed to jump start my body and the crap eating did it.