Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • weight loss challenge...........with a prize >
  • weight loss challenge...........with a prize

• weight loss challenge...........with a prize

Old 05-19-2010, 08:03 AM

Thank you so much Jan for the info. You know that maybe the thing - maybe I think this is hunger instead of nausea. I am going to try your suggestion and see if that helps. I will let you know. Thanks again.

Carole
    Old 05-19-2010, 05:27 PM
    Banned

I AM BACK............... had computer issues, it died so I had to buy a new one so here i am once again.

Another bad week for me but at least I didn;t gain anything.
    Old 05-19-2010, 05:28 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by mama2josh
    Just weighed myself - I've lost 5 lbs this month! :-)
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 05-19-2010, 06:43 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by mama2josh
    I totally fell off my diet and exercise program this weekend, what with DS's birthday party and all. But I'm back and ready to get going again. Made a delicious roast chicken last night with fresh rosemary from my garden. It's such a great feeling to be able to step out my back door for ingredients!
    On a completely unrelated note, I went shopping with my son's father yesterday. This is a big improvement for us. We've been split up for 3 years, and my new bf and I have been together for a year (known each other for 7, he was actually my ex's best friend since they were 14). Had a fantastic conversation with my ex, he and his gf just split and he called ME to talk about it. I never thought we'd get to that point of being friends again, so I am super happy. Makes life much easier when we are getting along and it's nice to know we've finally reached a point where we can be friends again without all the stress we used to have. He is a great guy, we just weren't (and aren't) compatible. And my BF approves of the ex and I being friends, so it was a good day all around. Sorry, I know it's off topic, but I just had to share with someone. :-)
    My x that I was married to for 16 years and now split for 14 years and I finally talk. It all started when our DD almost died last year. You're right it is nice at timeswhen we talk but on a whole he is the same SOB I dumped.
    Old 05-19-2010, 07:00 PM

i missed this when it was posted-sure wish i would of seen it
    Old 05-19-2010, 07:01 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by chewboo
    So follow it for now and join for the June prize, sign ups will be next week.
    Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 PM

Just wanted to share the FQ's I received as April's biggest loser. I was like a little kid checking the mail box every day. What fun! Thanks to all who participated & wishing you all continued success with your weight loss goals. Everyone is so supportive and provides positive support. Remember...every day is a new beginning.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-70306.jpe  
    Old 05-20-2010, 02:33 AM

Carole, thanks for the sweet comment. She is my 4.5 yr old Shih Tzu, ChiChi. Love of my life. I haven't an imagination, what is a ww cookie? You'll get back on track. Just think of the lovely reward! Makes me wanna buy another toothbrush. That is one of my snack reliefs. I play with my toothbrush. Gotta do something in my mouth. I use to chew on ink pens.....on it was disgusting. I found one the other day, in my dresser drawer. So glad I broke that habit. It was about then that I thought I'd eat stuff.....I guess chewing on an ink pen is better than putting on weight. Kojack and his lollipop, maybe he was in the quit smoking thing? hmmm My mouth talks a lot, when I'm around folks. But, I live alone and when I'm home, I'm usually HERE, chewing on my toothbrush.

Find your relief. Maybe it is that during the supper preparing time you anticipate your good cooking and can't hold back?? Good luck Carole, hang in here! Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by carolevidak
    Ruth - Is that a picture of your dog?? I want him/her. She/he is so cute - I want it now!!! Oh well, I tried.

I am so discouraged - I have gained almost 3 lbs back. I just can not stop eating. Everyday I wake up and say I am going to start over today. I take the dog and do my 2.5 mile walk - breakfast is fine, lunch is kinda okay, but come around 3 - forget it. I am munching away while making dinner - and then it is pretty good after dinner. May have a fruit or WW cookie. I just can not believe that I am so weak that I have to eat so much to gain 3 lbs. This is a really stupid question, but we have nurses on this site. I am on Orencia and I notice that as soon as I have the infusion - this weight gain starts up. This couldn't have anything to do with it - could it. I don't think so - if I could cut out 3:00 to 6:00 I would be okay. Okay enough complaining --- tomorrow starts a new day.

I am so proud of all you ladies - you are doing so good. Wow Keep up the good work.

Carole
    :|
    Old 05-20-2010, 02:34 AM

WOW, jnagy, beautiful reward! Congrats!
    Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by jnagy1206
    Just wanted to share the FQ's I received as April's biggest loser. I was like a little kid checking the mail box every day. What fun! Thanks to all who participated & wishing you all continued success with your weight loss goals. Everyone is so supportive and provides positive support. Remember...every day is a new beginning.
    Old 05-20-2010, 02:35 AM

Jump in, the water is FINE. Blessings, Ruth

Originally Posted by chewboo