weird fears or aversions

Old 12-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Power Poster

I can't stand foul eating habits...noisiness or people bolting the food, the worst is biting the spoon...drives me to distraction. I actually would prefer to eat alone (very weird, but honest). I also don't like to be driven, I much prefer to drive myself. It's for this reason I don't catch buses or trains. When we go out together and my husband drives I drive him nuts, because when he reverses or parks I shut my eyes and I constantly look over at the speedo not to mention gripping the door handle or the edge of the seat. The funny thing is he holds a truck licence and can drive buses, has a clean driving record and knows what he's doing. This has been a very fun post...glad I'm not alone.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 PM

Men wearing caps indoors and at the dinner table. And people who say "I seen" instead of "I saw,"
Old 12-01-2010, 05:33 PM

I hate when people can’t talk without using slang or foul language and also when someone can‘t talk without saying… you know… you know or what ever. I hate to hear the F word used or even when they say friggin instead. It’s no different one way or the other
Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 PM

the sound of car brakes screeching. really hate the metal crashing sound that sometimes comes after the brakes even more!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 PM

Bad manners, men weraing caps indoors or at the table, people not using thier blinkers, and saying "I seem," instead of "I saw." Seem is ok if you put Have in front of it. I have seen .......
Old 12-01-2010, 05:57 PM

i hate when someone says they are going to the liBERRY.. it's library! same with febuary....it february..

when the kids wanted to give me a hard time, they always said "i'm going to the liBERRY IN FEBUARY" oldest dd taught oldest gs to say it too?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
Omigosh, I'm with you on the kissing sounds on TV---blech! Also agree heartily with the sniffling repeatedly instead of blowing your nose, I have to exit the area.

Can't stand people gulping liquids down--eeewww!

Don't lick the sound of dogs licking---wherever ever!

And the smell of dog poop, makes me gag!

My daughter can't stand the sound of marshmallows being rubbed together! I've never heard of anyone with that.

My husband can't stand the fork scratching the plate. We had a young man as a guest at dinner once. As usual, we just mentioned the scratching fork thing. The young man took his fork and scratched it back and forth on his plate and said, "Like this?" My husband took his fork and threw it across the room. Took his plate. He gave him a paper plate and a plastic fork!
Ugh dog poop is bad, it makes me gag. When my 18 yr old was about 8 months old we got a puppy. He was cute. I thought I'd gotten him out the front door early enough, I stood on the porch and my daughter crawled over and found what I hadn't smelled or seen. Because of her age she tasted it. There was a smear around her mouth, then she rubbed her hand on the back of her ear and into her hair line. . . When the puppy and I came back in I wanted to cry. Then I had to clean her and the floor. It wasn't solid a little soft and the smell was awful. I almost threw up clean Samantha up.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:10 PM

having night blindness, I cannot be in the car at night
Old 12-01-2010, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by LeeAnn
The feel of cornstarch makes my skin crawl.
Yes, I agree! I deal with it long enough to bread my pork chops, but it's gross. I recently met someone who eats cornstarch out of the container. And to make matters worse, she had the same container my cornstarch is in. So now, every time I use cornstarch, I picture this lady putting spoonfuls of the stuff in her mouth.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:31 PM

I have an aversion to raw liver! Looks like blood clots to me!