weird fears or aversions

Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
Originally Posted by lynda1945
Not fond of clowns and horses. No special reason that I know of, but they frighten the living daylights out of me. lynda
Clowns give me the creeps!!!!!!!!!!!
Me too! I think I've read too many horror stories involving evil clowns and John Wayne Gacy always comes to mind as well (shudder).

I can identify with a lot of these. Heavy breathing, getting lost (I have recurring nightmares where I'm lost and can't find my way home), people who say aks instead of ask.

And I have a phone phobia, I have a panic attack when I have to use it :?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:36 PM

I am bothered by people all talking at once as they often do on some TV shows -The View or political discussions.
I was taught you are to listen when others talk then it's your turn. They try to talk over each other. I change channels.
Bad language and table manners also grating. At fast food places people will use 10 napkins because they never learned to open one. Wondered what their table looks like after they eat at home.
No wonder Emily Post business in NY is so busy now.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:51 PM

My pet peeve is when some one says they found something they were looking for in the last place they looked. (who keeps looking after they found it) LOL
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM

Clowns give me the willies. For a while, my husband collected clowns, so of course they had to be displayed. Some of them always seemed to be watching me...
Old 12-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Wow, we are a neurotic bunch. LOL! I have a few terrors: 1. Spiders, if I think 'spider' I can't go to sleep for hours or I will have nightmares. 2. Being off the ground, even a few feet. 3. Dogs with 'punched in' noses, breathing. 4. Being underground. (Basements, tunnels, in ground pools, etc.) 5. Anyone, including our dear president, saying 'aks' instead of ask. 6. Towels folded 'wrong'. I have even been caught refolding hotel towels. (my kids still tease me about that one.) 7. This is one no one here has mentioned, but it will stop me from breathing! Moths, butterflies, and birds! Anything that makes a flutter sound near me will put me in a dead faint! And you all thought you were weird! :oops: I have always maintained that I have "dain bramage". That is my story, and I am sticking to it! :thumbup:
Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 PM

The sight of someone "dipping." That must be the most disgusting habit one earth. How can anyone kiss a partner who has been dipping? And then spitting it in an empty bottle or can that is kept handy for just that purpose...so gross! Just seeing someone with a big wad stuck in his cheek is enough to make me want to gag!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Crafters who don't stuff properly, have puckered seams and sells patterns, books and who knows what else to the uninformed. Teaching others to sew poorly is like Robert Shaw continuously clawing a chalkboard for eons...

Women who tell you how well mannered they are while they're being jerks.

Wait. Those are pet peeves. I once knew a lady who was afraid of driving over train tracks. When she was little, her big sis told her if she failed to lift her feet, she would get pregnant. Now, obviously, as an adult she knew it wasn't true but the fear remained.

Similarly, I fear having an earwig crawl into my ear because my brother once told me they eat brains.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:46 PM

People slurping soup. UGH!!
Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 PM

I don't like people who are always so patronizing. You know, "Everything is going to be ok" When nothing will ever be the same again
Old 12-02-2010, 02:56 AM

This is a fun thread. I'm surprised how many don't like the sound of a fork on a plate.
I hate when people say "I seen..." instead of "I saw".
Or "birfday" instead of "birthday" (my sister-in-law, who's taught 2nd grade for 32yrs says this too!)
Or "Me and Tommy" instead of "Tommy and I" (this reeeeaally bugs me).
There's more but you get the idea.