weird fears or aversions

Old 12-02-2010, 05:09 AM

About the getting lost thing, me too. Truly frightening when alone. Not afraid of being in high places, just can't get close to the edge of the building or cliff. I couldn't climb beyond 2/3 of the way up the lighthouse on Tybee Island, almost needed help getting back down. I had no idea it would be a problem when I started the climb.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 AM

People saying 'supposably' which is not a word (I looked it up to be sure) instead of 'supposedly'.

And I had forgotten about 'aks'.

Years ago I used to be a GED examiner for the State of Iowa, and young men would come to tell me they needed the 'testes'. I just kept my mouth shut.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:43 AM

Fog or thick steam. Now, this is different than feeling "fogged in"! I feel as though I can't breathe when I turn on the steam shower, although it has the opposite effect (which is why I do it!). The men in the little white coats are knocking.....
Old 12-02-2010, 05:47 AM

A knife sharpener; gives me the creeps. Men jingling change in their pockets. I always think they would rather be "jingling" something else.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by jacie
my pet peeve, or what I detest, is folks that must "bathe" in fragrance!@! lots of allergies......... but at times it is so bad I just move!!!!!! anyone else on that one?
I'm right there with you! Everything is so loaded with perfumes anymore. Some perfumes smell rancid to me and just gross me out. eeeewwww!!!
Me too. I have allergies and can't stand Estee Lauder perfume; feel like my throat is going to close up. I used to have to sit in the last pew in church so that I could leave when someone came in with too much perfume on. I go into a coughing fit. One time my husband said after I left that the priest turned around and asked if I was okay.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:52 AM

When some one walks by you and you can smell their dirty hair!!!!
The thought of mayo in any kind of a resturaunt!!!! I can make a sandwich at home & use mayo.. but, the thought of it 'out' makes me get the willies!
a day old sandwich!... how can people eat that?!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:34 AM

my we ALL have "hang ups", if that is the correct phrase, isn't it? We always hear that "if they're going to live in this country, they need to speak the language" - wellllllll, WE were born and raised here, and alot of us don't know how to speak the language!! Yes, American is the hardest language to learn, but it is our FIRST language, don't you think it is more difficult to learn the correct way of saying something when all we HEAR is SLANG??
Oh - and the "f" word - it is freely said more often by teens and movies....YUCK! I just cannot stand that. WE are making ourselves the way we are, ......"doncha 'ya'll reckon"....sorry about that, I just HAD to!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM

I DON'T LIKE TO SEE SHORT-SLEEVED SHIRTS WITH SWEATER VESTS OR SANDALS WITH SOCKS, THE SHIRTS AND SANDALS ARE FOR HOT WEATHER WHY ADD SOCKS AND SWEATERS?
Old 12-02-2010, 11:25 AM

I don't like snapping of gum and I can't stand it when people beat on their cigarette packages for what seems like a hundred times. Maybe cause I know they shouldn't be smoking in the first place!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by renee765
People saying 'supposably' which is not a word (I looked it up to be sure) instead of 'supposedly'.

And I had forgotten about 'aks'.

Years ago I used to be a GED examiner for the State of Iowa, and young men would come to tell me they needed the 'testes'. I just kept my mouth shut.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: