weird fears or aversions

Old 12-01-2010, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by geckogirl
I cannot stand it when the cheese on a turkey and cheese sandwich is touching the mustard LOL
I'm with you...on any sandwich, PLEASE do not put my cheese on the mustard side...what an awful taste together
Old 12-01-2010, 04:36 AM

I will no walk on sewer grates, my husband thinks it is the weirdest thing in the world. Don't know why just will not do it.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:57 AM

I guess we're all normal- I have some of the same aversions. Can't stand a knife scraping on a plate, fork tines bent (I will look at them all at a restaurant and ask for a straight one if need be), fingernails on a chalk board. I also have a problem with smells- I smell things no one else does. My ears are very sensitive to sounds- gum popping (hubby is KNOWN for this)... the list goes on. Then add a bit of OCD- do not ask how many times I check that I have my car keys before I exit the car, close the door, walk to my destination. I'm just weird and I live with it.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:11 AM

I guess I'm closer to normal than I thought. I have several of these also.

Knife sharpening. My DH likes sharp knives. I make him go to the garage.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 AM
Power Poster

Heights, too, and I am just terrified of driving in big cities or on freeways. Even Madison,just freaks me out!
Old 12-01-2010, 05:28 AM

Gum popping, perfume makes my nose run and eyes water, the texture of bananasand can't eat shrimp or mushrooms because they remind me of snails.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 AM

OK, here goes....when a fast food chain targets a certain market segment by mispronouncing sandwich. THERE IS NO M IN SANDWICH!!!!! Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Tires squeeling,
Old 12-01-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
Okay my first thought was spiders, but then I decided that is not really a "weird" fear. The next thing I thought of is the open mouth gum chewing thing, especially clerks in stores since it's hard to get away sometimes, but that's not "weird" either it's just gross! So I guess my weirdest aversion, and it's weird, is certain window shapes. Sometimes I look at a house and the windows look just creepy.
OMG, that's one I'd forgotten about. Guess I just haven't seen a creepy window lately. I especially have to look away from the ones that are disproportionately small for the house. They look like they have a painful eye infection and are squinting. And some houses in general just give off a bad vibe. We've all got lots of aversions and 'weird' fears in common.........so I guess aversions and 'weird' fears must be pretty normal.........
Old 12-01-2010, 06:30 AM
Banned

I hate when people dig their ears or lick their fingers before they count money and give me my change. I am a germaholic I guess. I use the wipes by the door at Walmart when i go in and come out,wash my hands the instant I get home,,and sad to say,I will not use library books anymore. Not since I found boogers in one,and a friend of mine works at the library and she can tell you what disgusting things are returned in books...YUCK!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 AM

Coughing or sneezing without covering ones mouth

Forgetting half the things I was in the middle of saying

Having my 9 pound dog "do his business" on the carpet---YUCK!

When my flowers outside just won't grow but the weeds FLOURISH and MULTIPLY

Paying for tv programming and NOTHING is on worth watching...