weird fears or aversions

Old 12-01-2010, 09:21 AM

I have a little sister who used to be scared silly if she was is the bathtub when the drain was pulled. She thought that she would go down the drain with the water. Apparently she had seen this happen in a cartoon. It took my parents several years to convince her that it could not happen to her.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:11 AM

I have very sensitive hearing. I hate whistling sound which is too high pitched.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Marilyn6
Trimming fingernails in public & letting the clippings fly anywhere.
yep...nasty 1!!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Don't think I have ever heard the word sandwich pronounced with a g. It would probably make me nuts If I heard it. I was raised by teachers....
Another one, when someone says "I'll let you fix this for me" and then has no intention of any compensation for the repair. I don't have enough to keep me busy?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:13 AM

I don't like my collar bone being touched. lol Ya, I know, weird.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Gum chewing. I detest seeing someone chewing gum. It's disgusting to me. I won't be around anyone that is chewing gum. I have gotten up and moved at church, in meetings, funerals, anywhere a person close to me is chewing gum. I don't say anything because that would be too rude, I just move away from them. Gum chewing is disrespectful to others. My kids were never allowed to chew gum in any social setting and never around me.
My other major aversion is crumbs in the butter dish or any condiment container. I will throw out the whole container if I see crumbs of other food in it. How can anyone not know how yuk it is to spread with the utensil and then use the same utensil to get more.
It’s nice that you are considerate in not saying anything to the gum chewers. I am a gum chewer, out of necessity. The medications I take really dries my mouth out so much so sometimes it is difficult to talk. I could have a bottle of water attached to my lips my mouth gets so dry. It does help to suck on a candy but don’t want all the sugar so as suggested by the Dr. I chew gum but do it with my mouth closed and try to not make it so obvious that I am.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
Originally Posted by geckogirl
I cannot stand it when the cheese on a turkey and cheese sandwich is touching the mustard LOL
I'm with you...on any sandwich, PLEASE do not put my cheese on the mustard side...what an awful taste together
Oh, I almost hate to tell you this, but I'm going to anyway... my brother and I used to eat cheese with mustard on it, nothing else. We really liked it. sorry...
Old 12-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
Originally Posted by judi wess
OK, here goes....when a fast food chain targets a certain market segment by mispronouncing sandwich. THERE IS NO M IN SANDWICH!!!!! Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
There's no "g" in the middle of it either.
You know, I always thought that was an Italian thing. My aunt always said "sangwich" we used to laugh about it. My brother says "samwhich". I moved away and say it properly HAHAHAHA
Old 12-01-2010, 12:08 PM

What about newspeople misprnouncing different words - like "mischevous" IT IS NOT MIS_CHE_VI_OUS!

And Valentine's Day is NOT "VALENTIMES DaY"
Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM

Teenagers that roll their eyes. Drives me nuts. Gum smacking, the worst. Table manners of young people. I can't stand it when both arms are on the table and they lean over their food and shovel it in. My mother nagged me into good table manners and I am so thankful she did.