Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Westminster - your favorite? >
  • Westminster - your favorite?

• Westminster - your favorite?

Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM

i love the dog that chooses me. grew up with cockers. have had all sorts of mixes. i've had dogs and cats just come to the house and wait to be let in. my heart goes to rescues, and i passionately believe in the need to spay and neuter. my current loves are 2 cocker spaniels , a viszla and a westie. (and 2 rescue cats).
    Old 02-14-2013, 06:34 AM

I especially adore golden retrievers, shelties and pembroke corgis. Right now I have a pembroke and she is an amazing dog! But my work brings me into contact with many breeds and I love working with all of them!
    Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Wmds

Originally Posted by Lstew2212
    I Love the German Shepherds too. I have one now and wish for another. really great and smart dogs they are.
    Carol your little Rat is so cute!!! I love german shepherds, Pyrenees,chihuahuamix,melenois,terriers. We have one pyrenees right now. Lost 2 others in the last years. To old age. We had a Shepherd when we first married. He chose me. I loved that dog so much. But we moved from the house where we lived when we got him and hekept going back to the house to see if anyone he knew lived there. Finally when he was about 8 yrs old our daughter moved in to that house and when he went over to check on it and saw someone he knew, he decided to stay. He died when he was 11. Then we fell for pyrenees and have had 5 over the years. Then a little rescued mutt came into our lives and took over for 13 years. Lost him last year. Inhierited my sisters rescued poodle 3 years ago and I think he does better as an only dog. The pyrenees lives in the yard so these two will probably be my last dogs. Probably........................
    Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 AM

i can't even think about not having a dog and cat. i think i would just curl up and quit. they bring so much to life. of course, i talk to mine, and everyone else's. and even tho' my ladies are not mensa members, they seem to understand and do most of what i want them to. they are very loyal, and loving and rarely misbehave. and rarely sass back. kitten will laugh at me and monkey will shake her head, and we all smile through the day.
    Old 02-16-2013, 12:09 PM

a little late, but chiming in anyway--I really love love love the Kuvasz. But it is a tough breed and belongs outside working. That's hard to do in Manhattan. My other love is labradorables (labrador retrievers). I lost my Maddy on 1/2/13 and miss her like crazy. I have my Jack still and he is just a sweetie in fur. My last three labs have all been rescues. One lived only 5 years after I got her--her puppy mill background caused her to have cancer; she'd been bred something like 7 times in 4 years. Maddy was a rescue as was Jack. I will only rescue dogs now but do prefer labbies.
    Old 02-16-2013, 01:12 PM

I love the Pomeranian that Fran Drescher of Happily Divorced has. He is so cute and looks like a little Teddy Bear. I love the Dobermans. My son has one and 3 Siberian Huskies. If I had a dog I would like the Brussels Griffon or the the Shiba Inu. I have a cat.
    Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 PM

There was 1 dog from NH and 5 dogs from Ohio. I bet you were glad that you weren't in Boston for the Blizzard. I was in NH for the Blizzard of 78 but now I'm in Ohio I had 2".