Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What is blooming in your yard now? >
  • What is blooming in your yard now?

• What is blooming in your yard now?

Old 05-22-2023, 12:52 PM

Default What is blooming in your yard now?

Took a walk in my garden today to see what is blooming.
    Attached Thumbnails dscn8179a.jpg   dscn8180a.jpg   dscn8181a.jpg   dscn8183a.jpg  
    Old 05-22-2023, 12:56 PM

More photos from my garden today.
    Attached Thumbnails dscn8182a.jpg   dscn8185a.jpg   dscn8187a.jpg   dscn8188a.jpg  
    Old 05-22-2023, 01:17 PM

Your garden plants are beautiful. Only a few things are blooming in our garden right now- the Magnolia tree, a few late Dutch Iris, some water iris, a couple of roses and a few natives: Triodanis Perfoliata (clasping Venus looking glass) which has tiny purple flowers, Zizia Area (Golden Alexander) small yellow flowers that appear to radiate out like a starburst, Packera Anonynma (Small's Ragwort)- tiny yellow daisy-like flowers and lots of them. Waiting for the Day Lillies and Gardenia to start.

Rob
    Old 05-22-2023, 02:24 PM
    Power Poster

Bonnie, I remember your glorious peonies last year. They took my breath away! Mine are almost in bloom. Lilacs are getting ready to quit. A Bleeding Heart from my youngest son is finished for this year. We planted a lot of perennials and annuals this year. I'll take some pics. My husband is on a lavender kick. He bought about a dozen and we already have about 6 more!!!
    Yours look beautiful ! Thanks for the show.
    Old 05-22-2023, 02:53 PM

Rose of Sharon, mandevilla, geraniums, plumbago.
    Old 05-22-2023, 03:26 PM

Besides dandelions? So far behind this year. Usually I get several planters for mother's day, but our sons went in a completely different direction this year. I love, love, love your rooster!!
    Old 05-22-2023, 04:45 PM

Like Anniedeb, I live in MN where winter just ended (haha) so things are a little far behind, but I have beautiful bleeding hearts that will flower on and off almost all summer.The honeysuckle is covered with buds, and my fern/memorial peony is still short, but has over 30 buds that will probably open within the next week. The rest of the trees, shrubs and perennials are starting to leaf out nicely, but even the largest Hosta are only about 3" tall. Things are really slow here this year so we'll have to enjoy the begonias and hibiscus planters from the garden center until things catch up. The weeds and unwanted tree seedlings are thriving in the flowerbeds!! Nothing seems to slow them down.
    Old 05-22-2023, 07:10 PM

I have 3 hibiscus, a miniature rose, a few pots of begonias and geraniums on the deck. I also planted tomatoes and peppers in a little plot next to the driveway that are doing very well.
    Old 05-23-2023, 04:29 AM

No photos but my Phlox is just about done, the reblooming lilac trees are still blooming, lilacs are just about done also. Tulips and Allium are done plus I had to move them out of the bed they were in anyway. My geraniums have been blooming in pots all winter long in my heated garage but are outside now and still blooming since fertilizing them. This is their 3 season. My peonies are just now starting to bloom, at least a few of them like the white ones. My strawberries are blooming though may be hard to see but that means.......STRAWBERRIES soon. I planted m ore mini roses this year to replace those that were for another zone. 1 survived, 1 didn't. Mini roses seem to withstand our cold temps in Iowa. This year my CA Poppy may bloom for the 1st time too.
    Old 05-24-2023, 07:19 AM
    Power Poster

My Wisteria vine is beautiful this year. My purple lilacs are blooming as well. The iris are blooming along with lunaria and catnip plants. My Spiperia bush is blooming and the peony’s will be in about another week.