Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What did you do on this beautiful day????? >
  • What did you do on this beautiful day?????

• What did you do on this beautiful day?????

Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM

Spent most of the past 11 hours getting the stained glass booth I work at ready for opening day of the Texas Renaissance Festival. We got the suncatchers, Christmas ornaments, small and medium size pieces hung and most of the big windows. Some of the crew was still working when I left. She sent me home and said be back at 7 AM in the morning! Since we open at 9, that gives me 2 hours to get the leaves swept out, help get the tarps down, and get the 'outside' stock displayed (items that would go in your yard/garden - bird feeders, bird bath, plant sticks, pinwheels). Oh, and we still have to get the 'dogs' out...all the AKC breeds hand painted and enameled on 3" glass circles in a brass ladder chain frame.
    Tomorrow and Sunday are both supposed to be lovely weather so I'm expecting to see lots of people out for Faire. Hope they're all in a buying mood!
    Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by dellareya
    I enjoyed the first official day of my retirement.
    We went to visit my mother-in-law. I was a long exhausting drive. I'm itching to get to my sewing machine but just too tired.
    Congratulations!!!!!
    Old 10-08-2010, 09:18 PM

I worked, but left early as I had extra hours in from earlier in the week. So, I used my "found" time to finish this year's Christmas quilt top! Now I'm trying to figure out how to quilt it.
    Old 10-08-2010, 10:27 PM

Handson little boy, i remember those days playing in the dirt and mud LOL i was trying to get my sewing machine running, and reading the board today
    HUGS Dora
    Old 10-09-2010, 03:20 AM
    Power Poster

It was a beautiful day here so we went for a ride in the countryside. We bought a half bushel of squash, apples ,cabbage and cauliflower. Guess I will be busy putting things in freezer.
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:38 AM

Mini Retreat! Woo-Hoo!!! The only down side is I have to be indoors, but I guess I will sacrifice!
    Old 10-09-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltnmom
    Originally Posted by clem55
    Both grandkids spent Friday night( Sydney8,Dylan5) and after breakfasdt we headed out to The Gap for clothes shopping. Fun seeing what an 8 year old girl will pick out when on her own!!LOL Then it was to Beef O'Bradys for lunch, and then home for playing outdside. They love riding their bikes here, and swinging on the treee swing. Later we made Cocoa Drop cookies(candy). Big mess, lotds of fun and now they have gone to spend the week-end with their daddy. and grandma and grandpa are worn out!! Loved every minute with them!!!!
    Carol I had to read this a few times. I thought I lost track of time. You said the grandkids spent Friday night with you. I REALLY hope you meant Thursday night because if not that means I have to go back to work tomorrow!

Dellaraye congratulations on your first day of retirement.

As for my day, I went to work, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. The I went to Wal-mart to get groceries for the cookout we are having on Sunday. All the kids and grandkids are coming this weekend for the Chrysthanimum Festival that will be downtown this weekend.
    LOL YOu are right! I'm not use to having them on Thursdays, but they had a fall break from school. Chalk it up to old age!!
    Old 10-09-2010, 03:29 PM

Cool for little man, :) do you have any spoons in the house or like when we were little could only eat w/forks, all spoons somewhere out in the yard :)

Weather here is Great afetr a sprinkle of rain to settle the dust, went for a drive and worked with some folks with the Linus program, visited with my neice from Tennessee, and need to start a King size in teals, have the fabrics still trying to figure out what pattern, what the heck i'll ask you all. watch for a post:)
    Old 10-09-2010, 05:19 PM
    Power Poster

Aw, he is so cute! I remember my kids playing in the dirt and mud!
    Weve had huge amounts of those orange lady bugs, and you can hardly go outside. ICK!
    Old 10-09-2010, 06:15 PM

DH and I went out to a yard sale. DH overheard another couple talking about a man that had had a stroke that was having a yard/benefit sale. Ended up they were auctioning off the mans workshop, farm equipment and some personal stuff. We ended up with a Chev. Silverado 3500 diesel (our 4th truck). His GS gave us a "tour" of the truck, teared up and thanked us for buying it. Bout broke my heart and made me real grateful for my family's health. I didn't bat an eye at the price, just wrote the check. Now DH has to give a little "space" for the 1000+ yards of fabric in the living room that I am trying to sort thru. Am I not a "good" wife? hehe.... Ended up being a beautiful day in the neighborhood.