Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What Did You Get For Christmas? >
  • What Did You Get For Christmas?

• What Did You Get For Christmas?

Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Diane , what a great present you got. I got an easybake oven and packages of cake mix--my almost 4 year old GS , told his mom ( my daughter) that I needed one. She said , now I can learn to bake of one, instead of having so much leftovers. and I got a Lifetime bool about Elvis from my son and his family. Had a nice big meal. Now need to lose some weight.
    Old 12-26-2009, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey
    I expected nothing, because I'm a firm believer that Christmas is for kids and no sense going broke buying for adults. SO...I was upset to get a message from my grown son, that he put a package in the mail. I had only bought for my three nephews and spent most of my Christmas budget on a Wish Tree.

Opened it to find a nice sweatshirt with his new AF Squadron logo, a C-130 wine cork, a C-130 ornament and a small wrapped box. Unwrapped the box and inside was a velvet pouch, but it was empty. Checked the box and found nothing. Very odd.

Went to throw out the boxes and something fell on the floor. A silver necklace with a two piece heart. Something written inside, "Arriving 8-3-10" and my heart sank. My son deploys to the Middle East on Monday, so I thought this was to be his return date. I cried because his deployments don't usally last so long.

Went to put on the necklace and notice engraving on the front. Got out the handy dandy glasses and a magnifyer to check. It said NANA! It is the expected birth date on the inside!!!

OMG!!! My first grandchild is on the way!!!!!!!!! I was screaming and crying and couldn't catch my breath! Got my son on the phone and I could barely talk through the tears, so he made me hang up and get a grip before I called him back.

There is NOTHING in this world that could have made me happier. He has been married for 5 years and I have been impatient waiting for a grandchild. I will never forget this year because it is the best one of my life!!

Diane,
    Proud Mom of Major Select Justin Mackey, USAF, "Spooky" Pilot

OOOh, very cool! I always wanted to surprise our parents like that, but I'm due in April, so it would have been really really hard to keep the secret until Christmas, lol!

Congratulations, Grandma!!
    Old 12-26-2009, 03:05 PM

Diane, that is wonderfull! Gongratulations!
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:00 PM

i got fat quarters, and a new grandson on the 24th. 7lbs 3 oz.
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:18 PM

I also got fat quarters - Love those fat quarters. They are my quilter's candy. Got four from my sister and 25 from my son and daughter-in-law. Also a subscription to a quilting magazine and a book "Minnesota Quilts". All this to go with my new Quilters Work Station or whatever you want to call it! That will be put up when the tree comes down.

Had a great Christmas - squirrel feeder, Estee Lauder parfum in sample sizes (they fit in my purse), a new coat, purse. and most important a great Mom, 2 sisters, a super son and terrific daughter in law, three grandchildren and wonderful neighbors and friends and all of you!!! Can't ask for anything else in this world. Edie
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
    My son's fiance' Blythe painted this for Ken & I, and the kids got me some body spray & shower gel
    Gorgeous painting. Wow! What talent. Thanks for sharing.
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:39 PM
    dsj

very cool
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:44 PM
    dsj

Congratulations. Sweet, sweet story. We were given news about the gender of our niece's baby at Christmas. The way they delivered the news made everyone cry. That's emotional stuff. You have a baby quilt to plan.
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:56 PM

Mollie Sue: You are RIGHT! That pathology report must have been the gift of your lives and I'm so glad your husband got it and shared it with you and the family.

The other best gifts are just what everyone has been saying, TIME with family and friends are the BEST gifts of all.

Happy New Year everyone!
    Old 12-26-2009, 04:59 PM

Diane, Oh my goodness! Your first grandbaby!!!!! Congrats!!! Your son is so creative! The due date is just before my grandson's b-day! That will make the birthstone a light green peridot.

sewNso - Congratulations on the new little grandson....Pics please!