Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What Did You Get For Christmas? >
  • What Did You Get For Christmas?

• What Did You Get For Christmas?

Old 01-01-2010, 04:46 AM

I got nintendo and a game, a boombox, chocolate, clothes, fabric, pin cushion, books, a board game, cd, and so much more.
    Old 01-01-2010, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by adriansmom
    I got a MP4...it's really cool. I can listen to the radio on it and record the radio, dowload songs, movies, and pictures!! I can't believe how much it does. I plan on using it at dialysis. No more crappy tv for me!! DS cleaned up as usual. This afternoon DS and DH went outside to try and dig us out!! The snow comes up to DH's knees...we will be snowed in for awhile!! I will post pics later. Merry Christmas to all!!
    I believe you can download books also. Sure beats TV, that's for sure. Happy New Year! Edie
    Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by dmackey
    I expected nothing, because I'm a firm believer that Christmas is for kids and no sense going broke buying for adults. SO...I was upset to get a message from my grown son, that he put a package in the mail. I had only bought for my three nephews and spent most of my Christmas budget on a Wish Tree.

Opened it to find a nice sweatshirt with his new AF Squadron logo, a C-130 wine cork, a C-130 ornament and a small wrapped box. Unwrapped the box and inside was a velvet pouch, but it was empty. Checked the box and found nothing. Very odd.

Went to throw out the boxes and something fell on the floor. A silver necklace with a two piece heart. Something written inside, "Arriving 8-3-10" and my heart sank. My son deploys to the Middle East on Monday, so I thought this was to be his return date. I cried because his deployments don't usally last so long.

Went to put on the necklace and notice engraving on the front. Got out the handy dandy glasses and a magnifyer to check. It said NANA! It is the expected birth date on the inside!!!

OMG!!! My first grandchild is on the way!!!!!!!!! I was screaming and crying and couldn't catch my breath! Got my son on the phone and I could barely talk through the tears, so he made me hang up and get a grip before I called him back.

There is NOTHING in this world that could have made me happier. He has been married for 5 years and I have been impatient waiting for a grandchild. I will never forget this year because it is the best one of my life!!

Diane,
    Proud Mom of Major Select Justin Mackey, USAF, "Spooky" Pilot
    Congratulations Diane,
    That is the best present of all. My prayers are with you all.
    Old 01-01-2010, 03:08 PM

I didn't get anything related to quilting for Christmas. Everyone around here refuses to feed my quilting addiction. That being said, I'll just feed it myself this year.......muuuuuuaaaaahhhhaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaa