Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What Did You Get For Christmas? >
  • What Did You Get For Christmas?

• What Did You Get For Christmas?

Old 12-25-2009, 05:37 PM

I got a Brother CS-6000i sewing machine, some rose scented lotion, a picture frame with 3 photos taken of me by my neighbor, candy, and spent $250.00 on fabric with buffalo prints for some new quilts.
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:07 PM

I got 3 pair of pj's, one from each of my kids.(it's what i asked for) and got to watch my 2 year old grandson open some of his presents..his eyes were filled with wonder. i am very blessed..
    then i got sick, and spent all day in bed, alone, well,my furbabies stgayed at my side...i think the flu is trying to grab ahold of me..
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:07 PM
    Power Poster

Daughter & Husband let me pick out quilt kit, fabric for backing and a jelly roll - from Connecting Threads, it came Christmas Eve, when we always celebrate, Grandaughter & boyfriend gave us a gift card to Red Lobster, Ex-Son-In-Law, GD & GS gave us one also, GS & GDIL gave us a terriffic smelling scented candle - Frosted Cranberry, above Daughter & Husband had it at their house this year. Hubby & I stopped exchanging gifts after about 45 Yr.s - we always buy what we want when we want it.
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
    My son's fiance' Blythe painted this for Ken & I, and the kids got me some body spray & shower gel
    Everyone's gifts sound wonderful, but, BEV, that paiting by Blythe is absolutely AMAZING! I am in AWE of that painting. I love fairies/faeries/sprites, but, putting those things aside, the paiting/painter/ability is breathtaking! GASP! She is one talented young woman. If she is not doing this as a paying--and well-paying-- job, she needs to be!
    I'm drooling. That is one talent I wish I had. I am supposed to have that talent, but they passed it on to someone else!!! I oil painted a little in high school, but ... it wasn't like this! ;)
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:38 PM

I got a Pandora necklace from my mum, a massage voucher from my sister and Liam got me a Wii Fit plus game - I bought a Wii with a Wii fit 18months ago for my birthday. I love my Wii!! I also have Wii active - so if you don't like Jillian or the other new one - try Active - it came with dumbells and a stretch band! It is a WORKOUT!!!
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:39 PM

I got 2 pair of ballet-like slippers to wear around the house . I also got a Singer Finishing Touch Overlock machine and thread to go with it! I will be watching the instructional dvd a few times probably before I get the hang of it!hee hee! Do any of you have one ? If so, what type of projects have you done with it! I am soo excited! Hee Hee!
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:43 PM

I got a really nice hand carved wood stool in the shape of a cat from my son, some nightgowns and tops from my daughter and family, and a box of chocolates from the dog next door (her name is Molly and she is a cute little beagle who calls us Aunt Michelle and Uncle John) ;-) I also got some gift certificates from a book store and huge cookbook that I wanted. My absolute best present of all was brand new windows for my house, 24 of them. I had been wanting them for so long.
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:46 PM

I got this 4 xmas too! Haven't been able to hook it up yet because I was at my daughters. Is there something bigger than fat? Bet that's what I'll get lol But then that's why I wanted the wii Plus, I'm hope'n 2 play games on it w/my grand daughter... I thought she'd love to watch me dance around like an idiot & perhaps even flail a paddle around herself lol

Originally Posted by charismah
    Originally Posted by kwhite
    I got a Wii
    WE got Wii fit to go with our Wii.....I am to afraid to get on it I don't want to get a fat wii person...after I saw DH get on...lol!
    Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 PM

DH gave me a magnahoop set for my embroidery machine and a light box for doing applique. We had a fun time with DD home from college and DS up for the day. Played with the dogs, went to see the movie Avatar and had a nice ham dinner. Great day with the family.
    Old 12-25-2009, 07:03 PM
    Power Poster

We are celebrating Christmas tomorrow but I wanted to tell Bev what a beautiful painting you received.