Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What Did You Get For Christmas? >
  • What Did You Get For Christmas?

• What Did You Get For Christmas?

Old 12-25-2009, 07:42 PM

Biggest surprist was a Kindle--I bought DH one for his birthday, and I told him I really didn't need one because I trade books with friends. Apparently I was the only one surprised, because I got Amazon cards from DD's boyfriend and from my daughter, too. Other daughter got me about 4 packs of charm squares and a book of scrap quilts (this adds about 25 years to my "list") Mom gave me a sewing machine cover, and some money (thank you!) DH also got me a CD of Season 1 of the Mary Tyler Moore Show--some friends and I are planning on watching it on New Year's Eve! So many blessings I can't even remember them all. We had a wonderful day!
    Old 12-25-2009, 08:46 PM
    Power Poster

I was blessed to spend time with my DH and son and talked to friends and my sister on the phone.

I also got lots of chocolate, a gift card for wally world,a glass weight scale (humm, I asked DH if he was trying to tell me something, althought I am not over weight, but will be after I eat all that chocolate!).

I also got the coolest digital photo key chain that holds up to 100 photos! Already got 24 downloaded to it.
    Old 12-25-2009, 09:26 PM

I was sooo lucky. DH knew I was feeling down because the youngest DD and SIL are in New Zealand and no kids there Christmas morning. He just went crazy! (to my advantage) Got EQ6, a netbook to use with my embroidery machine, a set of 100 Guteramann threads, a quilt calculator, a great handle for my rulers, a huge mat that fits my big cutting table, extra bobbins, needles, a fat quarter bundle of fabric collection with penguins on it, pj's, slippers, socks and soooo much more! My oldest DD is a goldsmith and works in other media and made me a necklace with this clay that when fired looks like silver and it is my grandsons finger print. It is on a chain with a green pearl and a peridot bead which is his birth stone. It has his name and birthdate on the back!!

I am sooooo blessed!

Bev, that painting is spectacular! She is one real talented young lady and must think an awful lot of you to give you something so beautiful that she did with her own hands!
    Old 12-25-2009, 09:38 PM

My bestest gift I got on Wednesday, when we got my DH pathology report back - no lymph node involement!! (on 12/17 he had approx. 12" of his colon removed due to cancer, so Praise God he just needs to finish up healing from the surgery and is FINE!!)

And presents I 'opened', I received a new digital camera & 2 restaurant gift cards (those were for both of us), a gift card to Hobby Lobby, a balance ball with exercise DVD, flannel pjs, footies, two candles, a grandkids picture frame, cute pillow with homey saying, a hand made ceramic cat statue, a box of chocolates, and a 2nd digital camera that my son said we can take back and get what we want with the $$.
    :) :)
    Old 12-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Oh Mollie Sue, I am so glad for your good news! That is truly a Christmas gift to treasure!
    Old 12-25-2009, 09:50 PM
    Power Poster

MollieSue, that is the BEST gift - good news from the doctor. Whoohoo! Happy dance.
    Old 12-25-2009, 09:58 PM

Thank you so much, Nurseie76 & Martina!!! It feels like an absolute miracle!! ~ But I didn't mean to highjack the thread!
    Old 12-25-2009, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by MollieSue
    Thank you so much, Nurseie76 & Martina!!! It feels like an absolute miracle!! ~ But I didn't mean to highjack the thread!
    Gosh don't apologize for sharing such awesome news! Gives us all the opportunity to rejoice with you~ :thumbup:
    Old 12-25-2009, 11:04 PM

[quote=MollieSue]My bestest gift I got on Wednesday, when we got my DH pathology report back - no lymph node involement!! (on 12/17 he had approx. 12" of his colon removed due to cancer, so Praise God he just needs to finish up healing from the surgery and is FINE!!)

I will pray tonight for a speedy recovery....
    So you 2 can go out to dinner!!!!!

Hugs, Kisses and Love....Darlene
    Old 12-26-2009, 02:03 AM

MollieSue thats the greatest gift you can have. So I will light a candle that he recovers well.

Santa gave me a handheld gameconsole (MI2 is the brand) chocolates, nice earrings, bodylotion, parfum and give me a lot of joy when I see everybody happy opening presents.

(Do you have also a second christmasday?)