What do you do when....

Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 AM

Hey ,it's your stash and your home-and I bet they love the quilts.My adult daughter loves my work and my adult son--well he just shrugs and smiles.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:34 AM

Keep your fabric - get rid of the kids!! Or, just ignore them. Or help them get a life. Sounds like they need something to do.

I really hope you complete a beautiful project, and post it here. Then you can show them all the compliments you get, and maybe they will be PROUD of you!

All best wishes, and happy quilting!!
Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by KSue
your kids complain about all of the fabric I have. I honestly don't have that much fabric. I mean compared to some of the stashes I have seen here. It makes me want to just get rid of all of it and say ---okay it's all gone, now you don't have to keep preaching about it. I just don't know why my kids can't let me happy in my own little world. Just a thought!
Don't let them rob you of your joy! Only you can allow that...even if it gets old to hear it.
Buy more to spite them...LOL! Not really but enjoy what you love. It makes you , You! But just tell them you don't want to hear it and Don't listen. Enjoy today stitchin or what makes you happy. quilting can be cheaper than therapy and lots more fun!
Be blessed.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:09 AM

I get a lot of teasing about my stash,but when it comes to a charity quilt or a gift for someone guess who gets the come on ? lol
Old 05-27-2011, 05:17 AM

Live for what makes YOU happy and tell them you got it because God wants you to give to others then recite the Golden Rule to them and ask if they do that for anyone else.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:20 AM

I ignore them. They have their lives, I have mine.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 AM

KSue my husband had a room built just for my quilting and sewing supplies and all I have to do to keep everyone out including my quilting daughter is shut and LOCK the door so no one can see what kind of things I have going on. That is my room and it is none of their business whether I have 1 or 1000 pieces of cloth to work with. It makes me happy and it is just none of their business. After all they didn't have to buy it for me!!! Have fun and enjoy your quilting as long and as often as you can.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:46 AM

I had this happen to me a few years ago but it was my hubby and a granddaughter that lived with us. We had moved into a much smaller place so my STUFF whether it was sreing, crafts or just stuff was stored everywhere and they were always complaining so I got mad and had a yard sale. Of course all I did was cut off my nose to spite my face as the old saying goes. I have not let them forget it either. Everytime one of them said anything after that I told them that just as soon as they get out their stuff for a sale or giveaway then I will get mine out. Seems to work.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:49 AM

I know where you are coming from. My kids are always asking "what are you going to do with that? no matter what it is, books, fabric, a chair etc. I ask them if they are afraid they will not get any money when I die? LOL. Funny how they can put their hands out so easily but question when I buy for myself. My kids are in their 40's. One of my answers is "my parents are dead and my husband is dead, so I do nto have to answer to anyone. Take care.
Linda
Old 05-27-2011, 05:54 AM

I think thats really sad - don't know what age your children are but they should be happy that you are with your quilting and you certainly shouldn't get rid of your stash just to please them