Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what do you hope your kids remember the most about you? >
  • what do you hope your kids remember the most about you?

• what do you hope your kids remember the most about you?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:26 PM
    Power Poster

No doubt the little stinkers will only remember the foul or weird stuff. But on a serious note...as Grammypatty and others have said I want them to know that my love for them transcends anything (mind you, I also tell them that is because I am biologically programmed to do this because I am their mother!).
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker
    No doubt the little stinkers will only remember the foul or weird stuff. But on a serious note...as Grammypatty and others have said I want them to know that my love for them transcends anything (mind you, I also tell them that is because I am biologically programmed to do this because I am their mother!).
    When my time comes, I wish I could be a little mouse or a fly on the wall and hear as I suspect they'll have a royal hoot laughing and poking fun at me - they have a loony Mom. We have a lot of fun together and I'm a big kid in many ways but can still do the Mom job when needed. Every now and then they refer to me as their "mean little Mom," I'm shorter than both of them and have been since they were young teens. I was a strict Mom and one who set very high standards, not only for them but myself as well and they've often told me that one of things they appreciate most about me is that I set a good example of what I expect them to live up to and I sure try. Children learn what they live and we adults are huge role models but of course, we also have to realize that we can be THE BEST parents and some of our kids will go awry no matter how hard we try. We aren't the only influences in their lives and sometimes other influences take precedence over us but if we continue to show our love, practice tough love as needed, and set an example, quite often they will grow up into adults we definitely can be proud of. We can only do the best we can and hope it takes. My children have had more than their share of challenges in life but they are definitely adults to be proud of!
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM

They know i love them more than anything in this world ....For always being a possitive force in their lives. Trying to always see the "bright side" of any situation.
    Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM

That I love them and we've gone through tough times; however, the last thing we say is "I love you." We never know when someone will pass away suddenly, like my Ex did Dec 09 & my Son is having a bad time with it. He knows he can come to me & I'll listen. Right now, my Dau is not communicating with me from a statement I made about the Ex's wife, but she'll come back around. Life is tough & we can't take back words we've said, even though it's the truth. I want them to know even if they are upset that I'm still here & if they show up at midnight or later at my door, it's always open for them to come in.
    Old 04-29-2010, 08:38 PM

That our family unit was the most important thing in my life, and that as a stay at home mom, I was always available. That's why I got volunteered for so much. But the one thing I want them to remember about me is that We took them to church and introduced them to the Lord. That has been the basis of a strong healthy family.
    Old 04-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
    That our family unit was the most important thing in my life, and that as a stay at home mom, I was always available. That's why I got volunteered for so much. But the one thing I want them to remember about me is that We took them to church and introduced them to the Lord. That has been the basis of a strong healthy family.
    Amen! When we teach our children Who has the most right to influence our lives, we give them more choices in life and living than any other method of child rearing I can think of. <wave>
    Old 04-29-2010, 10:51 PM

That the way I love my God overflowed in the way I loved those around me.
    Old 04-30-2010, 10:59 AM

I hope my kids remember how I love them nd I hope they remember my favorite passage from Scripture says "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
    Old 04-30-2010, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by betlinsmom
    I hope my kids remember how I love them nd I hope they remember my favorite passage from Scripture says "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
    I LOVE that verse! (one of many) ... it surely encourages us kids to know where our parents' priorities are. <wave>
    Old 04-30-2010, 12:10 PM
    Power Poster

I hope our kids realize that we did the best we could at the time - - - -