Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >
  • what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

• what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by firecrackerpam
    Originally Posted by sew wishful
    I'm going to stop reading after page one, because I think my husband is a bigamist....he married all of you!!!
    Isn't this a riot?? Wonder what they would say about us if this were reversed!!!
    (I know what he'd better say if he wants another meal in this house!!) LOL!!!
    This just cracked me up!! I totally agree! Does yours call you and just keep talking and talking and talking about nothing when you are going to be home from work in 5 minutes too?
    Mine called me today at work to tell me he had called the DishNetwork Company.."but I'll tell you about it at home". For the next 5 minutes he told me about it on the phone! LOL! Crazy!
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:02 PM

[quote=Nolee]
    Originally Posted by JenBlossom
    Originally Posted by PensyDutch
    Mine takes crossword puzzles into the bathroom and stays in there with his pants down around his ankles until they are finished, (in ink, no less). I never have been able to understand how he can focus on them while his bare butt is hanging over water. However, I am no longer tempted to call 911 to have them check to see if he is still alive.
    Conclusion: We want to get in, get out and get back to quilting!!!!!!!!!!!!
    my best friend says that this is man's version of multitasking...crossword puzzle and "sitting"! I swear that she's right
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Toilet seat up in my bathroom. I don't care what he does in his bathroom, but leave mine the way you left it!
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
    How many do we get to tell?

My sewing room and computer is upstairs. Keith comes to the steps and says 'what are you doing'? I told him a million times, if I'm upstairs, I'm either on the computer or doing something that involves quilts and it doesn't matter which one it is, so why do you ask?

I can't stand for him to ask stupid questions, like 'where is that ice cream you bought today'? I answer 'it's in the oven'. Since he is a native Texan and I'm originally from Pennsylvania, he tells me 'you have a smart Yankee mouth'. I tell him 'maybe so, but I know where the ice cream is'.
    If you were from the same place as me and ditto for our spouses, I'd swear we were twins who married twins! I am so laughing out loud that my husband is afraid to ask--

my answers are a tad different-I say, what does it look like I'm doing? Then I ask why he asked when he so clearly sees that I am sitting at my machine, sewing blue and yellow pieces together... as DD would say, DUH

and my husband's "nickname" for me? WAB (aka wise-a@@ b@@) I can't say he is wrong....

:-P
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:30 PM

this is so true..

Man reads that women say twice as many words per day as men.
    He tells this to his wife.
    She says "Of course women say twice as much as men because men don't listen so women have to repeat everything."
    He replies "What?"
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:42 PM

Was a widow for 10 yrs, then someone I had known from early years (age 13). Came & asked me to start over with him (sounds good, every time I looked at him he looked like Dustin Hoffman). Now 5 years have gone by, and I would like a chain saw. I didn't count on him wanting to be a BFF with his EX. He drops everything to help her (and she calls all the time). Each time he goes to help his BFF, I go shopping!!!! And then I spend the next few days SEWING, SEWING, SEWING & SEWING. When ever he asks what the idea behind a quilt was, I remind him of what ever the project was he had to help his BFF with. He is starting to say NO!, some times
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by emerald46
    Mine goes through a big long explanation which I perfectly understand and then says "what I am trying to tell you" and gives the Readers' Digest version of same story....aaaggghhhh!!! Then gets upset when I interupt and tell him, I understood every word you said the first time!! Other than that he is perfect!!
    Which is on the top of my list also. Mine has a new Nickname: "Webster" because when I say something that he feels he has to disagree with, he debates the "word" not the subject of the discussion! Oh, then there's the rephrasing of something I've just said as though I said something wrong, and when I mention that that's just what I said the response is..."I was agreeing with you!"
    I think he just does a lot of things because he knows it'll get me frustrated. ... 43 years and he's still alive! What am I doing wrong?

:wink:
    Old 03-11-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Pat-w
    Too many things to list. If I had to pick one....He constantly complains about the other drivers when he is driving. Drives me nuts! Doesn't matter how small the problem. I just keep reminding myself that they are all little things though...not worth fighting about. Save your strength for the big stuff. God Bless him - he is usually very sweet.
    Oh yes, driving issue! Mine knows I don't like it when he's driving what I consider too close. We are older and with the medication he takes for pain and other conditions, his reaction time is slower, although he doesn't think so, which isn't unusual since it comes on gradually so he didn't notice it. So he always gets "angry" when I start bracing myself. As I told him, I like reading bumper stickers, but I really don't need to know where it was printed!
    Old 03-11-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Julianna
    this is so true..

Man reads that women say twice as many words per day as men.
    He tells this to his wife.
    She says "Of course women say twice as much as men because men don't listen so women have to repeat everything."
    He replies "What?"
    Nail hit on the head...

Here's another one....

How many times have you been asked a question you don't know the answer to and have replyed " I don't know."
    only to have the come back question be...."What do you mean?" (My answer to that one? What part of 'I .... don't....know' do you not understand?
    (I promise...last one....too funny!)
    Old 03-11-2011, 09:05 PM

My husband of 51 years does nearly all these things already mentioned, but there are two things which bug me most. He takes very large bites of food and finishes a meal in less than 5 minutes. The other thing is that he gets out his large pocket knife (about 4 to 5" long) and gives himself a manicure during church. He uses the largest blade to trim his cuticles, push them back and trim where ever needed. People around stare and I'm embarrassed. But he's a good man and I want to keep him as long as possible.