Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy? >
  • what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

• what does your DH (or SO) do that drives you crazy?

Old 03-11-2011, 10:41 PM

I am laughing about all of these because I can relate to most of them. However, my DH is a true gem and I am not the easiest person to live with either I'm sure. He never tells me "no" we can't go here or there or can't do this or that. He never says a word about going to quilt Shops and encourages me to buy whatever I want. He took me & my 3 kids in, adopted them and has been a very good Dad & DH. We sometimes have to have a little talk with each other in order to avoid an explosion, but do enjoy being married to each other. 33 yrs this month & I hope we have many more. Irritations and all. LOL
    Old 03-11-2011, 11:30 PM

And God give you the patience to continue to take care of him for many years!
    Old 03-12-2011, 12:53 AM

My DH when he gets a long distance phone call feels he has to raise his voice so they can hear him.
    I'm sure there are some people on the end of the phone that have ringing in their ears after speaking to him.
    Having said that if we are away anywhere he patiently waits while I look at every fabric shop we see.
    Colleen
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:27 AM

Location: in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)

Originally Posted by pheasantduster
    Oh, let me count the ways!!!!!!!! I cannot stand it when he opens the refrigerator and if the item he is looking for is not right up front he thinks it is gone. I tell him "move the orange juice". When he looks in a closet or on a shelf and can't find what he is looking for I still tell him "move the orange juice". He loves me anyway.
    Oh, I love that one!!
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    mine just started to chew with his mouth open with anything that is crunchy. Chips, pop corn etc. I cannot stand it and he never did this 2 years ago.
    Oh my goodness - this is exactly how mine eats too. Simply drives me up a wall and I feel bad because I will just get up and leave and make an excuse to go do something. I try to tell him and he actually appreciates me telling him, but he keeps doing it. UGH!
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:41 AM

Ok, first he constantly changes channels or surfs at commercials. Secondly, the trash bag in the kitchen can will be overflowing, be he does not take it out--just complains that we need a new bag. Thirdly, he has tunnel vision when he is looking for something, if it is not right in front of his face, he does not see it and won't look for it. Third, he explains things to me like I am a 4 year old. Don't get me wrong, I love him, but I truly have come to the conclusion that we marry men and wind up with another kid in the end.
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:27 AM

I have the same problem with my DH,it drives me up the wall ,everywhere I go in the house, there's a used paper towel.the trash can isn't too far to the kitchen table, so it shouldn't take too much effort to just get rid of it.He says "it has more use in it",is why he does it.now I also have one at the computer,too as he drinks his coffee there in the mornings. but gotta love 'em.if that's the worse he does in our 48 years of marriage, then he'll be ok.
    Old 03-12-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by firecrackerpam
    Originally Posted by sew wishful
    I'm going to stop reading after page one, because I think my husband is a bigamist....he married all of you!!!
    Isn't this a riot?? Wonder what they would say about us if this were reversed!!!
    (I know what he'd better say if he wants another meal in this house!!) LOL!!!
    This just cracked me up!! I totally agree! Does yours call you and just keep talking and talking and talking about nothing when you are going to be home from work in 5 minutes too?
    Yes. I get a play by play of every driver on the road, every stoplight, and any changes in the area all the way into our garage. His brother does the same thing to his wife.
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:39 AM

He insists on using an old manual can opener - even though I bought a nice electric one. How "Little House" Errr!
    Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Mine sits and coughs,(I have a tickle),coughs then let's out gas,(i can't help it).