Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What have you been sewing on lately? >
  • What have you been sewing on lately?

• What have you been sewing on lately?

Old 04-10-2010, 03:49 PM

I've been working on a quilt with way too may bias edges.... driving me crazy, but I am almost done. Also another cute quilt that is super easy, for the times I have to "back away from the biased edge quilt" (and nobody gets hurt...LOL) They easy one uses the City Girl fabric and fee pattern.
    Old 04-10-2010, 03:53 PM

A hugs and kisses quilt, 2 Downy quilts, a DJ quilt, and I have to wash the fabric tonight for qubby's 2 new Hawaiian shirts...
    Old 04-10-2010, 04:12 PM
    JJs
    Banned

I've been working on stuff that I swore I would never do again - sewing clothes! For myself... I'm so tired of 'store bought' that's made cheap, skimpy, ugly, crappy material, icky colors, no choices, everybody-and-their-sister has the same outfit.... you get the idea...
    Granted, all the same fabric is out there also but at least not everybody is using the same pattern...
    Think about it - unless you shop at a One-of-A-Kind store ($$$$) about 20 gazillion other people are looking at the same things in the "radio ga-ga" stores that you are....
    Besides, I got old and fat and I do NOT wear hiphuggers any more - that was in a galaxy far far away (and long ago), I don't show my boobies, or wear skirts up to my 'whatever'....
    OTOH I really don't want my grandmother's clothes either...
    sigh... so I'm sewing clothes.... gross..
    Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM

I am making a wallhanging for a friend...my oldest son's mother-in-law. She redid a room for herself, and there is a cute little quilt in the country wall border she used. I was able to get a piece of the border to bring home with me and was able to duplicate it quite nicely. Will post a picture when it is all done. It is waiting for me to quilt it now.
    Old 04-10-2010, 05:23 PM

I am making a wallhanging for a friend...my oldest son's mother-in-law. She redid a room for herself, and there is a cute little quilt in the country wall border she used. I was able to get a piece of the border to bring home with me and was able to duplicate it quite nicely. Was fun trying to find fabrics like the ones they used. Will post a picture when it is all done. It is waiting for me to quilt it now.
    Old 04-10-2010, 05:27 PM

i have 4 quilts to finish and about 4 more to start ,then i,ll be free to make my own quilt,s that i,ve been planing to make for the fun of it
    Old 04-10-2010, 05:29 PM

I just finished my Fish purse. Tomorrow I am tearing apart my sewing room to put in a table with three drawers and six cubby holes. And I am going to attach my design board to the wall so it is up and out of the way.
    Old 04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
    Power Poster

I put two borders on oldest Granddaughter's Cabin at nine patch crossing quilt today and tomorrow I will get it ready to FMG next week after work in the evenings, then off to start the next one, probably a week from today. Thanks for asking.
    Old 04-10-2010, 06:45 PM
    Power Poster

boy, making this list could have consequences...
    i've just finished quilting my doll quilt for the swap, have to get my friendship block done for the monthly bee,fabric is sitting on the ironing board, need to get a border on a round robin, just finished 2 downy quilts, my mother in law requested a couple quilted vests, one is about ready for final construction; have 3 queen quilt to get done, one due in may, about a third of the blocks are done, one due in june (the one i'm excited about and want to scrap everything else and work on) the fabrics are stacked all over the place, everywhere i look...and one due in july...i have the design all drafted...haven't been able to settle on fabrics yet...good thing i work well under pressure....just finished quilting a memory quilt for a customer, have 3 (or is it 4) of my own tops wishing to get quilted... finished the binding on the king sized crazy quilt which was a commissioned quilt that the person has decided she does not want (she has not seen it, i spent 6 months on it and put almost $900 into materials...i am so not happy...havent decided if i'm going to fight her on this or just walk away....anyway...oops, almost forgot, i have to get a summer table runner done too...those are just the (committed projects) for my self, my darling daughter has put in a request for a new quilt, i am collecting the stuff to start the Sue Garmen Ladies of the Sea quilt...as a special gift for my husband and have been embroidering blocks from little stitches which are really cute. here at work i am working on grandma's flower garden projects, and tumbling blocks. and i started putting together a black & white with my bricks from the last b&w swap....geez, and this doesnt' count any of the ufos in boxes stacked up looking at me constantly....ok, i think i should not spend as much time on the computer and get my self busy sewing :)
    Old 04-10-2010, 08:02 PM

I'm working on my black and white top right now, got two borders on today, just need the last one and it will be ready to finish up. Next is the back for a class quilt with autumn leaves. After that comes finishing the Christmas top.