Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What kind of dog bed do your pups have? >
  • What kind of dog bed do your pups have?

• What kind of dog bed do your pups have?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:24 PM

Hey - My dogs are family too, but $l00 is rediculous for an animal who doesn't really care if it is just a rug. Come on now, they aren't people, we just want to think they are. Walgreen Drugs had really good dog and cat beds for just $l0. Our Labs love them.
    Old 02-15-2010, 02:26 PM

Hey - My dogs are family too, but $l00 is rediculous for an animal who doesn't really care if it is just a rug. Come on now, they aren't people, we just want to think they are. Walgreen Drugs had really good dog and cat beds for just $l0. Our Labs love them.
    Old 02-15-2010, 02:37 PM
    Power Poster

The Ladies really like camp chairs, here is Roxy sleeping in one,
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-8832.jpe  
    Old 02-15-2010, 03:31 PM
    Power Poster

OK - Just want to put you all on notice: I will have to turn you in to the SPCA for mistreating your furkids. Poor poor pups; abused and neglected - the lot of them. rofl

I have to take notes on this thread - such good recommendations. I am leaning toward adding a memory foam topper on a regular foam but then I think the cushion won't fit, and I would want a water-proof surround.

Decisions decisions.

Cute, is the little lady missing a spine? She is more than a pretzel. lol

My favorite name so far is "Crouton" - made me laugh. (I like that word anyway because Pat gets it mixed up with Fouton. He told me once that we should buy a crouton for the guest bedroom)
    Old 02-15-2010, 03:46 PM

Bella owns the whole house. When in the computer room, she has 4" chair cushion on floor under desk with a baby fleece blanket on it....although half the time she is curled up on extra chair, which has a cushion on it too. At nite she sleeps in queen size bed with me....always under the covers of course. During the day she lays on couch on her own baby size quilt or while I am gone she is up on the back of the couch on a fleece blanket or top of recliner on another quilt. She has to have something she can wad up just right!!! When I am sewing or cooking, she is in living room where she can see in there where I am and comes to snoop now and then and then back to living room to one of her 3 blankets/quilts. Oh and after she first comes in from going outside to potty, she has big fluffy dog pillow with fleece baby blanket on it right in front of the fire where she lays for 10-15 mins to warm them little bones back up. And the 19 lb Maine coon cat sleeps where ever Bella will allow her to (Bella only weighs 4 lbs by the way)
    Old 02-15-2010, 03:49 PM

Forgot to tell you, my avatar pic is Bella on the couch on one of her fleece blankets. And made a mistake in that last pic....meant whereever Bella will allow "him" to as Purvis the cat is a male. lol
    Old 02-15-2010, 04:19 PM
    Power Poster

It is Roxy's very favorite and DH gets a look if he is sitting in it and she is in here wanting to sit down, there are two others but they are not near as comfy for her, she also always seems to twist and turn and usually lays on her back, no matter where she is,
    Old 02-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Our Duke loves his couch. Actually it is a love seat, we try to keep him off the matching couch. He uses a pillow just like a person. He is willing to share once in awhile.

Duke and Colin
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]9212[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-9212.jpe  
    Old 02-15-2010, 09:47 PM

The name is Jones. Although only two years of age, I hold down the fulltime responsibility of supervising two humans.
    They call themselves Mom and Dad.

At night, I enter my own little kingdom of Pack 'N Play ( a playpen) at the foot of their bed. One end has been clipped out so I have full control to come and go as I please.

My furnishings include a rag rug lining the bottom of the pen, large bed pillow repurposed and covered with a manly plaid fannel pillow case, doggy quilt Mom made just for me, a felted sweater, and a few toys. Sometimes I rest my head on Fuzzie Bear. Dad likes to step on my sqeaky toys on the living/ dining room floors so I usually have to take one to bed with me just to quiet Dad up!!

When I was a little shih tzu new on the job location, I did not have the netting clipped out of one end of the Pack 'N Play. Since I have matured and gained more on the job experience, I can come and go as I like. I had put up with the boundaries my humans set up, and didn't bother them until they were ready to get up.

They think they are the Pack Leaders just because I have never (right, never) been on top of their bed. You and I know who's The Boss :-)

"Sew" long for now------- Jones
    Old 02-16-2010, 02:17 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

No help here with the dog bed advice Martina - too busy laughing at the pretzels and wieners and cute little Tink in Bed pics! :lol:

Chele - hope Bones is OK, poor wee thing! :-(