Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up! >
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

• What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

Old 06-26-2010, 05:31 AM

I'm sorry Rapture! Hugs! I'm sure that did make for an awful day.

I'm in a good mood. Getting "caffeinated" as we speak--so we're off to a good start. Then to some cleaning...Groan.
    Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Not a very good one. It's sort of a left-over depression from yesterday. I can usually handle bad days one at a time but June 25th is two rolled into one. Plus DH was being an absolute nightmare---at least while he was home--he was gone quite awhile flying RC planes with his brother. Just another lousy anniversary to add to the pile. Yep, 15 yrs and he spends it with his brother. No card, no Happy Anniversary, nothing. Add to that the fact that it was the 7th anniversary of my daddy getting killed and it just seems to always be a depressing day. It takes me awhile to get over June 25th. I'll be better in a day or two. I really miss my dad.

Big [[[hugs]]]] for you. I think I would be busy for the next few weeks when it was time for dinner!! OH!! laundry too. OH!! honey, I forgot I was married?? No ONE acknowledge it. Maybe that is too much TMI. heheheheh My dad is gone too and miss him alot. Hope your today, day is better. We are here for you
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:16 AM

hey good for you girl- lets getting everyone moving this morning- to quiet on here- I'm in a good mood even tho I had I had to help get my SIL up to go to bootcamp with my son and he was a big baby about -I was going come on boy you're young , it only gets worse - to bad you didn't sleep good-he watched movies all night-move it..move it...do you want me to poke you with my needle!
    I'm still playing around with my lil scraps I got in a squishie and working on the grandbaby's John Deere room...h0pe everyone has a good quilting day.
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:22 AM

Hubby fixed me blueberry pancakes with banana slices, eggs, and bacon. As soon as he finishes in the kitchen, we are going to attack our library. We have a room to remodel in the next week or so and need to make some serious progress today and Monday. I am planning on putting the binding on the reunion log cabin blocks later today. Then out to dinner!

Raptureready, hugs and wishes for a better today.
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:23 AM

Not a very good one. It's sort of a left-over depression from yesterday. I can usually handle bad days one at a time but June 25th is two rolled into one. Plus DH was being an absolute nightmare---at least while he was home--he was gone quite awhile flying RC planes with his brother. Just another lousy anniversary to add to the pile. Yep, 15 yrs and he spends it with his brother. No card, no Happy Anniversary, nothing. Add to that the fact that it was the 7th anniversary of my daddy getting killed and it just seems to always be a depressing day. It takes me awhile to get over June 25th. I'll be better in a day or two. I really miss my dad.
    Gosh thought my DH was the only thoughtless hubby out there! I have never received a b.d. or anniv. present or card. Its all about him! Wish we lived closer. We could have went out and celebrated life together. All the many happy years that you did have with your dad! My heart and prayers go out to you!
    As for my day........don't even want to talk about it! lol
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:29 AM

Well, I know it is still early but nothing has happened to make it a bad day for me! DH left early to do some fencing on the ranch and DD has been out of town & will return this afternoon. So after spending a little time with you, I get to quilt the rest of the morning and then get ready for a wedding this afternoon. All in all, a good day!
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:36 AM

It's just another day in Paradise here! Not really cranky, but it's too early to be in a good mood yet!

Have a busy day at work today, guess I'd best go get showered and ready for it.
    Old 06-26-2010, 06:37 AM
    Power Poster

Rapture, wow, do I hear you. My Dad's anniversary is June 14 and my wedding anniversary is June 12. Ever since he died I'm having trouble enjoying my day b/c I'm so depressed about my Dad. I miss him so much :( June used to be such a happy month for me. My oldest son is June 23 (birthday) My husband decided to go to Founder's Day right on our anniversary. It's where AA was formed in Akron, OH.
    Talk about UPSET!! He said he figured we could celebrate when he got back.......... He ended up not going but we still had a terrible anniversary. Anyway............... sorry to take off here.
    HUGS, Sue
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:03 AM

Thank you all. Daddy got killed 5 months to the day after momma died of a heart attack. After she died his laughter never reached his eyes again so I know that now they're together and they're happy. Daddy was 84 and got killed when the car he was fixing fell on him. At 84 he still had his mind, health, his own hair and teeth, had a build that young men would envy, and was amazingly unwrinkled and handsome. I'm saying that because he was my dad but because it was true. The only place that he looked his age was between his thumb and forefinger--where the skin really sags when you get some major age going on. Daddy still drove, cleaned his own house, did his own laundry, his own cooking, etc., and he went out the way he wanted to---outside working. So all in all he had a good life, a good death. I just get depressed around both of their death days because we were close and I miss them so much.

GREAT NEWS: I'm feeling much better. Several things have happened to boost my spirits already today. I've been wanting a rectangular flat wooden tv snack tray to make a portable ironing board for quilting classes. So today I forced my self to get dressed and get out to some garage sales---4 in fact. I didn't find the table but what I did find was a beautiful oak hand quilting frame--bed quilt size for only $5.00!!! I have my mom's but my nephew's wife has been wanting one. I bought it and gifted it to her. (giving always brightens my mood). I also ran into some friends that are going a little farther to some townwide sales. She's going to look for the table for me.
    Then when I checked my mail, the book I bought from Judy G. had come in! All these blessing right in a row!!!!
    I'm still a little depressed but it's getting a lot lighter around the edges. Thanks for being so nice.
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by granniebj
    Gosh thought my DH was the only thoughtless hubby out there! I have never received a b.d. or anniv. present or card. Its all about him! Wish we lived closer. We could have went out and celebrated life together. All the many happy years that you did have with your dad! My heart and prayers go out to you!
    As for my day........don't even want to talk about it! lol
    I really didn't want to talk about mine either but it felt good to get it all out. I know what it's like without the cards, presents or even an acknowledgement. I'm still waiting for Mother's Day. He said he'd get me something on vacation and didn't. I even told him what I wanted and nothing. He, of course, got 4 things for Father's Day, including a Lamborghini.
    No, silly, not a car, a Lamborghini camera case. LOL