Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up! >
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

• What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

Old 06-26-2010, 07:18 AM
    Banned

I'm still a little depressed but it's getting a lot lighter around the edges. Thanks for being so nice.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-86880.gif  
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by granniebj
    Originally Posted by raptureready
    Not a very good one. It's sort of a left-over depression from yesterday. I can usually handle bad days one at a time but June 25th is two rolled into one. Plus DH was being an absolute nightmare---at least while he was home--he was gone quite awhile flying RC planes with his brother. Just another lousy anniversary to add to the pile. Yep, 15 yrs and he spends it with his brother. No card, no Happy Anniversary, nothing. Add to that the fact that it was the 7th anniversary of my daddy getting killed and it just seems to always be a depressing day. It takes me awhile to get over June 25th. I'll be better in a day or two. I really miss my dad.
    Gosh thought my DH was the only thoughtless hubby out there! I have never received a b.d. or anniv. present or card. Its all about him! Wish we lived closer. We could have went out and celebrated life together. All the many happy years that you did have with your dad! My heart and prayers go out to you!
    As for my day........don't even want to talk about it! lol
    I really didn't want to talk about mine either but it felt good to get it all out. I know what it's like without the cards, presents or even an acknowledgement. I'm still waiting for Mother's Day. He said he'd get me something on vacation and didn't. I even told him what I wanted and nothing. He, of course, got 4 things for Father's Day, including a Lamborghini.
    No, silly, not a car, a Lamborghini camera case. LOL
    After 26 years of marriage, I have learned not to be upset over no presents for anything but Christmas (he's usually pretty good for that). But for the other celebrations, I take his checkbook and go buy something I really want and say "Honey, look what you bought me for my birthday (or whatever holiday it is)" He just smiles and says "Just what you wanted, huh!!!" Gotta love it - and no hurt feelings!

Glad your day is going better!
    Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 AM
    Power Poster

People, sometimes it helps just to get things out. I know it does for me and this board and all the loving peeps here make me so happy!!!!!!!!
    I just went to feed my neighbor's cat while they're away and he gave me some major lovin!! :D:D:D
    I'm already in a better mood. And as one poster stated " I take one day at a time". It really works.
    HUGS to all!!!!!!!!!!!
    Old 06-26-2010, 08:07 AM
    Banned

rather fed up, too hot esp to quilt and breathing[ for me] is not easy----did too much traipsing around yesterday so having to take it easy which I don't like------wish it would cool .snow would be better!!
    BUT at least husb is doing BBQ saving me from cooking!
    Hope we can all cheer up soon--those who need to.
    Old 06-26-2010, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by mayday
    rather fed up, too hot esp to quilt and breathing[ for me] is not easy----did too much traipsing around yesterday so having to take it easy which I don't like------wish it would cool .snow would be better!!
    This is so funny, because I was just thinking that I am so glad it has finally warmed up! I hate the cold and snow! So why do I live in Montana: I love most things about the state except the cold and my husband loves it here. If I want to stay married, I stay in Montana. Good thing he doesn't mind me traveling when the mood strikes me (south in the winter is good)!
    Old 06-26-2010, 09:56 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Marlys
    Originally Posted by mayday
    This is so funny, because I was just thinking that I am so glad it has finally warmed up! I hate the cold and snow! So why do I live in Montana: I love most things about the state except the cold and my husband loves it here. If I want to stay married, I stay in Montana. Good thing he doesn't mind me traveling when the mood strikes me (south in the winter is good)!
    but am in England and we are not used to it and it always goes muggy--------unlike you I prefer autumn /winter and spring but NOT summer--weird eh?
    Old 06-26-2010, 10:00 AM
    Power Poster

Marlys, what do you mean by warming up?? Give us a ballpark figure. No pun intended hehe I'm a baseball fanatic :D
    I've heard Montana is beautiful.
    Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Marlys, what do you mean by warming up?? Give us a ballpark figure. No pun intended hehe I'm a baseball fanatic :D
    I've heard Montana is beautiful.
    Today is supposed to be about 85. Starting Monday in the mid-90's. But we get very little rain so there is no humidity. That makes a big difference! Yes, Montana is very beautiful. It's almost like 2 different states. Western Montana is mostly mountains and lots of trees. That's what you see when you see pictures of Glacier Park or Yellowstone Park. Eastern Montana (where I live) is more prairie & badlands. Definitely beautiful, but in its own way. You can see forever - that's why the nickname "Big Sky Country".
    Old 06-26-2010, 10:20 AM
    Power Poster

One of my sons went to Utah on a business trip and told me it was so beautiful!!! We are from New York and have lived in Ohio for many years. He lives in DC so you can imagine how exciting it was to see Utah :)
    Old 06-26-2010, 01:16 PM

I think I could stand 85 or 90 without humidity but most of the time here it's so humid that there's a blue haze in the air. We have no smog or air pollution so it's just water hanging in the air. The humidity is not as bad as it has been but we are under a heat advisory. Probably not the best day for a picnic but we're going anyway--hopefully by 6:30 or so it will start cooling down. But it's supposed to still be 85 at 8:30 tonight.

Is there still no speed limit in Montana during the day? That amazed me several years ago when I was there. Of course so did traveling for an hour and never seeing another vehicle.