Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up! >
  • What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

• What kind of a mood are you in today? Can we cheer you up!

Old 06-26-2010, 01:17 PM
    Power Poster

I'm in a "let's get to work and sand this floor" mood. Good thing too, because we rented the drum sander and are just waiting for a piece of wood to dry.
    Old 06-26-2010, 01:31 PM

You know what? Yesterday was a raw day and I couldn't have discussed my feelings with anyone--but I wished I could. Today when I woke up I still felt the need for someone to talk to. I almost didn't even respond to this thread but something kept pulling me back to it. Finally it all spilled out and now I feel a lot better. Thanks for being here for me. Even though we've never met, you are some really great friends. Now, everyone give themselves a great big ATTA BOY, GIRL or ATTA BOY, BOY. (not totally out of the woods but smiling again thanks to all of you)
    Old 06-26-2010, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    I think I could stand 85 or 90 without humidity but most of the time here it's so humid that there's a blue haze in the air. We have no smog or air pollution so it's just water hanging in the air. The humidity is not as bad as it has been but we are under a heat advisory. Probably not the best day for a picnic but we're going anyway--hopefully by 6:30 or so it will start cooling down. But it's supposed to still be 85 at 8:30 tonight.

Is there still no speed limit in Montana during the day? That amazed me several years ago when I was there. Of course so did traveling for an hour and never seeing another vehicle.
    Actually, there was always a speed limit. But it was "careful and prudent". So the cops could pull you over at any speed, depending on road conditions. It has been changed to 75 on the Interstate, usually 65 as you pass the bigger cities. Secondary roads can be anything from 55 - 70, so make sure you watch the signs. They will usually give you about 5mph extra before they will pull you over. But not in construction zones! You're right about not many vehicles on the road.
    Old 06-26-2010, 02:16 PM

A little late to reply but today ahs been a really good and restful day. Hot, yes, but not as humid. I ahve been catching up on emails, pms ,etc. Getting letters and packages ready to go out. It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood. LOL Happy days everyone
    Old 06-30-2010, 10:26 AM

I'm in a frumpy mood. I take care of my bedridden 85 year old mom, my husband just takes off and goes where ever he wants and I'm stuck in the house 24/7. I can't go outside because mom has to have someone with her all the time.I can't even go to Church any more because I have no one to stay with her. I used to love to sew but, every time I start something even getting a meal I have to stop go check to see what she needs or wants. She has had strokes last Nove. broke her hip in March, was in the nursing home just a week for rehab and had to come home because of the new ins. laws. While in the nursing home she got pneumonia and so back to the hospital , while in the hospital from having the hip surgery she got 2 different types of staff inf. We almost lost her. She would get over the pneumonia we would think she was coming home then it was back again this happened 3 times. Now she is home with me and we have a nurse that comes once a week for about 5 minutes, a cna 3 times a week for her bath and a therapist 3 times a week. I'm just so tired and have no help at all other than what I just said. She has Alzheimer, Parkinson, is blind and deaf. This has all happened in the past 8 months.
    Old 06-30-2010, 11:39 AM

Cought a Summer Cold Yuk !!
    Old 06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
    I'm in a frumpy mood. I take care of my bedridden 85 year old mom, my husband just takes off and goes where ever he wants and I'm stuck in the house 24/7. I can't go outside because mom has to have someone with her all the time.I can't even go to Church any more because I have no one to stay with her. I used to love to sew but, every time I start something even getting a meal I have to stop go check to see what she needs or wants. She has had strokes last Nove. broke her hip in March, was in the nursing home just a week for rehab and had to come home because of the new ins. laws. While in the nursing home she got pneumonia and so back to the hospital , while in the hospital from having the hip surgery she got 2 different types of staff inf. We almost lost her. She would get over the pneumonia we would think she was coming home then it was back again this happened 3 times. Now she is home with me and we have a nurse that comes once a week for about 5 minutes, a cna 3 times a week for her bath and a therapist 3 times a week. I'm just so tired and have no help at all other than what I just said. She has Alzheimer, Parkinson, is blind and deaf. This has all happened in the past 8 months.
    Hope Your world gets Better {{{{{HUGS}}}}}} and try not to give you my cold. :)
    Old 06-30-2010, 12:19 PM
    Power Poster

HUGS, everyone!!!!!!
    I only have one more day to work and then I have 4 days off, yeah!!!!!!!!!! havent had that in a while....
    BUT, I got some good news last night.....BF's boss runs the beer tent in WHitewater, and he is letting me have all the aluminum cans from the Holidays, 4 days worth. They are haveing Heidi Newfeild I think is her name, form Trick Ponyso I can get in free as long as I help bag up cans. Hoping for a big chunk of change from recycling them all!!!!!!!!! And Im so glad I didnt get conned into helping serve beer at the tent!!!!!!