What made you happy TODAY?

Old 07-18-2010, 11:34 AM

What made me happy today was knowing my DH would be home tonight after being out-of-town for several days. I've been missing him.

I'm also happy to have A/C in the house! :-)
Old 07-18-2010, 11:54 AM

I'm happy today because hubby is home to help me do some stuff. I'm happy today because Big Lots had a 20% off coupon sale and I got a nice rug for my living room. I'm happy today because I get to go have a nice sit down dinner with hubby.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

I got to sit on the couch with the dogs and youngest son and just watch a movie!
Also made a pie, and enjoyed it with coffee, and shared a tiny bitwith the dogs!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:06 PM

I have the afternoon to myself to quilt and really think about the fact that a new little life will be arriving in our world in less than nine months! A new little life that I get to feel growing and moving! I could not possibly be any happier than at this very moment!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM

What made me happy today was the assistance and professionalism of the two guys who came from the Gas Co. when it seemed we were smelling gas. I have an anxiety disorder, and having strangers, especially men, in my home is a real trigger. DH had to be gone, so it was just me. They were so nice that I relaxed a bit, and didn't have a panic attack in front of them, which I was afraid was going to happen. And, they found a gas leak and fixed it. So I'm happy it was caught when it was just a small leak.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:58 PM

Getting a cavity filled and it only took 20 minutes. And I am very happy that it is taken care of now.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:35 AM

SO many things today! I do not have breast cancer!!!! Ultrasound tests just confirmed this.

A lady on this board made me a new dress from some fabric that I didn't know what to do with! It was not quilting cotton fabric. The dress is beautiful and just to have her to this for me without ever meeting me is a gift from an angel.

My husband's birthday was Tuesday. I'm blessed to have another year with this very supportive partner. He's 46 and in good health, and he's fixed up our super cute little house and has redone all the lawn and landscaping almost by himself. He's really interested in flowers right now!

My handsome teenage son is home from being away on a canoe trip 300 miles away last week. Just to see him smile makes my day every day, as it has for the past 15+ years.

I made the best quilt block ever today for my new card trick quilt! Seriously my best block! The fabric is spectacular. I stand back and just stare at my blocks on the design wall. (Hubby made the design wall too.)

My moonflower vine has just started to curl around its support post. I honestly get happy every time I see it.

Had a yummy strawberry mousse for dessert last night. Every bite was rapture. Hooray for real cream and fresh strawberries.

And, I am looking forward to my own birthday next week, with great health and well-being!
Old 07-21-2010, 09:21 AM

being able to get out of bed early today and take our youngest fishing... he loves to go and dh can't get away from work very often - but today i just took him - we had fun... no bites, but a memory made...
Old 07-21-2010, 10:04 AM

I finally got my birth certificate after 18months and $600.00. Now I can renew my drivers license and drive again. ya hoo. 71 years old and never had mu birth cert. Never needed one. Got my passport with my drivers license. I was sick when my drivers license came up for renewal and when I finally went they told me due to 911 I had to show my birth cert, to renew my license. Sent off the Oklahoma to get my birth cert and lo, my name was not Marie Antoinette as I have gone by for 71 years, it was Antoinette Sylvia. So it didn't match with my license and they wouldn't give it to me. unless I changed my name to what they had. NO Way. Got a lawyer and today I have it and tomorrow I get my license back. I haven't driven in 18 months. I have been a prisoner. Tomorrow I will have freedom. Life is good.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:42 AM

Hooray for the good news, Hobo!