What made you happy TODAY?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM

Worked from home due to snow, DH was snowbound with me...just such a cozy feeling having him near and to hear him puttering around. Also got to work on a Valentine Runner for my DDm her Bday is today, will hopefully have it done for her tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM

Stayed with my son last night and we woke up at 4 am to the earhquake!!!Or at least what we thought was one...got a call from my oldest son to make sure that I was ok:)
Taught a class to eight two year olds and enjoyed their little faces as we sang songs and played under the parachute.
Then went to lunch after a trip to the fabric store for more pieces for my I spy quilt with what I hope will be my future daughter in law.

and got a wet sloppy kiss and a big tail wagging when I got home tonight from Bailey!!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:42 PM

Yes, it was a good day---it is my DH's birthday which meant dinner out (always a good thing).

And, it was my day to volunteer in Kindergarten. I usually arrive 15 minutes before class and "play" with the kids. This morning, though, I was late and arrived as the final bell rung. I was greeted by two little boys who scowled at me and said, "You're late, we don't have time to play!"---It made me feel wanted and appreciated. Being a retired teacher is sometimes hard, I miss the little kids......

I'm also thankful to play ball with my Lab, Abby, and seeing her run as fast as she can. She is now cancer free and it is so great to know she is healthy!

Thanks for this thread. Every post has made me smile and recognize we need to take time to be grateful and not dwell on the negative! :thumbup:
Old 02-10-2010, 08:54 PM

I saw the big black spider at the water faucet before it saw me!<wave>
Old 02-10-2010, 09:12 PM

It stopped raining for a few hours and I was able to cut some poultry wire out in the back yard and get some of the topiaries' parts cut so I can start putting them together for the two presentations that I have scheduled in March. DH doesn't want me to have the poultry wire in the house and I am in the process of putting together a CD on how to make topiaries and need to take pictures of parts and construction to sell at the presentations. It has been raining almost everyday forever..... but on the good side, we NEED the rain. So Life is good. Just wish the sun would shine for a few more days, ..... so I can play outside and get my pictures taken.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Power Poster

I woke up and had no where I had to go, nothing I had to get done, and I got a big package from Connecting Threads in the mail. It's been a very happy day. Now it's time to go read a few chapters in a book and get sleepy.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 PM

This was a neat idea. I was happy today when one of the students I serve lunch to came & gave me a valentine with a sucker attached to it. It makes me feel good to know that I must have did something to make her lunch time more fun.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 PM

This is such an inspiring, uplifting thread...perhaps we can keep it going...
This was probably the nicest thing to happen to me today...tomorrow I will remember the other stuff!
Thanks,
Kirsten
Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Power Poster

I finished my Farm Swap Ponds today and Pat cooked a meatloaf dinner and brought me a plate at work.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

I just got asked to make more hexagon coasters for a lady at the office. for money! not too bad for a Thursday.