What made you happy TODAY?

Old 02-11-2010, 05:09 PM

I had a bad day to work. My DH listened to me and let me vent. Then he gave me a big hug and chocolate. Things are always better with a hug and chocolate.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 PM

I went to LQS and found some great fabric on sale! I got a discount because Feb is my birth month.
I didn't have to cook dinner tonight.
I get to sew in a little while. Fun, fun!!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:59 PM

Thank God your son is safe. God Bless your family .
Old 02-11-2010, 07:04 PM

DH went to the oncologist's office to get results of his latest CT scan. His leukemia is holding steady--largest lymph node only grew 1 mm (now at 2.7 cm) and his white cell count went down 1000--anemia has resolved. All this information means no chemotherapy for now! Great news! Also, we talked to the financial counselor at the doctor's office and when DH does need chemotherapy, it won't cost us nearly as much as we thought it would. And to add to that, there is a financial aid program for people whose household income is less than $100,000. We fit well below that level. First time I can honestly say I'm glad we don't make a bunch of money...
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM

nellebelles, HURRAY What a wonderful happy for the day. Good job DH, keep up the good work. Visualize, Visualize, Visualize. and Have a happy tomorrow
Old 02-11-2010, 07:25 PM

I found out last night that I will be a grammie again in Oct. Have 1 very beautiful grandson, Ryder, who is 9 mo. old. Susan in FL
Old 02-11-2010, 09:22 PM

TODAY WAS GREAT FOUND OUT MY SON AND WIVES HOME FINALLY SOLD IN CALIFORNIA AND THEY WILL BE MOVING HERE BY ME.ALSO MY BEST FRIEND I GREW UP WITH WILL BE MOVING 8 HOURS AWAY TO DENVER. THEN TO TOP IT OFF SIL CAME TO VISIT AND GAVE ME A WHOLE GROCERY BAG OF FABRIC FOR MY SCRAP QUILTING AND POSTAGE QUILT MATERIAL i AM STARTING TO COLLECT UP. oNLY 1000 MORE PIECES TO CUT UP .THE ONLY THING I HAVE OF MY GRANDMA IS A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE SHE WAS PICTURED DOING A POSTAGE STAMP QUILT TO DONATE TO THE CHURCH. SHE GAVE ME A ITCH TO TRY AND DO ONE TOO. SO IT GAS BEEN A REALLY GOOD DAY OH YEAH DH ALSO PASSED HIS CDL TEST WITH FLYING COLORS TODAY. HOPEFULLY WILL GIVE HIM SOME PART TIME WORK TILL THINGS GET BETTER IN THE JOB MARKET. SEEMS LIKE A LONG TIME WILL GO BY AND EVERYTHING HAPPENS ALL AT ONCE. LOL
Old 02-11-2010, 11:13 PM

I have a wonderful surgeon and after my last surgery in June, I made him a fleece rag quilt. Today after assuring me that I was still in good health, he asked if I would make another quilt, for his wife. That made me very happy and I will be at Joanne's this weekend to buy more fleece.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:24 AM

I got some real good "puppy therapy" today. I woke up to find that both my parents Standard Poodles came and were snuggled on the bed with me and my Doberman Emily. (I haven't had a real good therapy session since our Stormy passed away.) Comfy and warm!
Old 02-12-2010, 05:28 AM

Celeste...I read your post to my DH. His comment..."I really don't want to be there if our dogs climb into bed with you!!" We have 2 golden retrievers...one still has LOTS of puppy energy at 2 yrs old. These are "outside" dogs as we live in the country, and the house is too small for large dogs. Also, since I had an "incident" with a large dog when I was very young, it has left me with a fear of large dogs. After living with golden retrievers for the last 8 yrs I am getting better with that. The dogs are definitely my hubbys'. :D

Hope everyone has a great day today. This has been a wonderful thread to read!!!

Happy hugs to you all.

Patti