What made you happy TODAY?

Old 02-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by nellebelles
DH went to the oncologist's office to get results of his latest CT scan. His leukemia is holding steady--largest lymph node only grew 1 mm (now at 2.7 cm) and his white cell count went down 1000--anemia has resolved. All this information means no chemotherapy for now! Great news! Also, we talked to the financial counselor at the doctor's office and when DH does need chemotherapy, it won't cost us nearly as much as we thought it would. And to add to that, there is a financial aid program for people whose household income is less than $100,000. We fit well below that level. First time I can honestly say I'm glad we don't make a bunch of money...
Good morning! I'm glad you got good results from the Dr. My DH also has leukemia, (exposure to chemicals in the Military), and i know the relief that good reports can bring. I hope that all continues to be fine for ya'll. Fortunately, the VA covers my DH's care...chemo would have bankrupted us. Just know that you are in my prayers...You and your DH.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:55 AM

My day started out with a good news phone call. My surrogate DD called to let me know she started a new job at the same day care that her son goes to. She is in heaven!!! Loves working with children.
On the way to work, a co-worker called to say she was at Taco Johns, and would I like anything? She was calling everyone. No wonder I enjoy going to work everyday. This is the kind of things that all the gals do occassionally..."just because".
I wonder what other good things the day will bring?

Patti
Old 02-12-2010, 10:05 AM

Today is friday..the day i have my 2 year old grandson,Jack. he is so sweet...i am waiting for him to wake up so we can go to an indoor garage sale at church..Happy to be a grandma!
Old 02-12-2010, 10:35 AM

What made me happy today is waking up without too much pain! My steriod injection in my back from 7 weeks ago wore off a couple of weeks ago and I'm getting the next one Thursday so each day I wake up not hurting much is a blessing. Also, one of the kitties I took up to the store from the shelter yesterday has been adopted already. She had been at the shelter for 4 months and at the store for less than 24 hours. Yeah!!!! Happy day, happy day. Hope the day is good for others too.
Wendy
Old 02-12-2010, 11:37 AM

My husband bought a new lcd television. Our current television is an oldy and way too heavy for us to lift. Two young fellas from next door came over and are moving it for us now. I'll be glad when they deliver and set up the new system because my husband is worrying about it like an old mother hen. Now its my job to clean up the dust bunnies behind the old televsion.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:54 AM

One of my quilting friends here is going to do some special embroidery for me for a quilt for my online support group SOLOS-SIBS. We lost a sibling to suicide. The quilt is used as a learning tool in schools and goes to the awareness walks.

I always wanted this for the quilt, but this board has given the chance to "do it right". I am so happy.

And- the sun is shining- doesn't take much for me to be happy!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:59 AM

It's snowing, (not that snow makes me happy) BUT I have a brand new Janome 6600 to play with. As DH says (concerning the snow) we have plenty of food, gas (heat) and TV. I'm a happy camper. Tonight we are having beans (already cooked) and corn bread, a good cold weather food.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:08 PM

I went for my mammogram appointment and it was cancelled so I went to dh's office at the hospital and he took the day off and we went and did errands. That was nice to know that he's so in tune with my feelings and knew that the mammogram every year is a big deal to me.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:45 PM

Middle of the day happy....a co-worker discovered there was gal in the empty building next to us that was selling purses, today only. (She sets up once a month.) She came back from lunch with 2...one to take on a cruise next month, and another for everyday. Another gal went and found one for everyday. I went next and found one for everyday, one to take on quilting days, and a little one for my DGD for her 3rd b'day. These are all name brand bags, for as little as 20% of original prices. And the little one for my DGD was only $5.00!!! Happy happy!!!

Patti
Old 02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

My DH cooked breakfast for us this morning - fried potatoes with onions, eggs, and toast.