Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What was the most thoughtful gift that you received? >
  • What was the most thoughtful gift that you received?

• What was the most thoughtful gift that you received?

Old 12-27-2009, 11:47 PM
    Power Poster

My most thoughtful gift this year came from my grandchildren ages 2-6 :D:D:D
    They all were together at the table and were drawing while we were finishing up preparing dinner. I heard them chattering very quietly amongst themselves... a little later I was presented with "my presents" They had each drawn pictures of themselves and me...holding my hand while walking, sitting in my lap in my rocker, throwing rocks together in the creek, all 6 kids did a beautiful job of depicting a favorite memory of them and their "amma" :D:D:D the best part was that they thought of this and carried it out all on their own :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 AM

amma-how precious....
    Old 12-28-2009, 05:29 AM

Gifts from the heart are the best ones.
    Old 12-28-2009, 05:34 AM

Awwww, amma, how sweet!!!! :D
    Old 12-28-2009, 05:38 AM

The best gift I got this year was a beautiful "thank you." I made my best friend a wall hanging which I hand quilted. I really look up to this lady as she can do the most beautiful things with fabric and thread. When she opened it, she cried because she said it was so beautiful.....
    Old 12-28-2009, 11:05 AM

The best gift I got this year was from a 9 year old boy who I watch after school.Last week everyday he would go into the bathrom with paper and scissors and close the door.Three days later he placed this box under our tree and told me I couldn't open it,till Christmas.Well Christmas morning he called me and told me to open it,Inside was a box full of paper hearts all colored in red and he told me they were hugs and kisses for when he wasn't there,and I needed a hug.Yes I cried it was my best present ever and I will keep it forever and will use it often. June
    Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM
    Power Poster

My kids went together and bought me the Pfaff I wanted but didn't have the money to buy.
    Old 12-28-2009, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by jnebug
    The best gift I got this year was from a 9 year old boy who I watch after school.Last week everyday he would go into the bathrom with paper and scissors and close the door.Three days later he placed this box under our tree and told me I couldn't open it,till Christmas.Well Christmas morning he called me and told me to open it,Inside was a box full of paper hearts all colored in red and he told me they were hugs and kisses for when he wasn't there,and I needed a hug.Yes I cried it was my best present ever and I will keep it forever and will use it often. June
    How awesome is that??? Would have made me cry buckets!! :)
    Old 12-29-2009, 12:14 PM

My best gift was from my daughter who returned from Iraq in September. I love collecting tea cups and pots, I don't have very many but really like them. Well, while in Bagdhad she found this really beautiful tea set that was actually made in the Chech Republic. Most of the tea sets that were made in Iraq were really gaudy and she thought I would not like them. So she purchased this set with a Tea Pot, creamer, sugar and 6 cups and saucers. She carried it back from Iraq. I cried when I opened it. Part of it was because I am so happy to have her back home safe and sound and partly cause it was so beautiful and thoughtful and probably pretty expensive!!
    Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM

I had many lovely gifts, but the best one wasn't wrapped. My house is crazy, overflowing with family, food and gifts on Christmas Eve. After we opened presents on Christmas morning, my DH cooked breakfast for the two of us and then did the cleanup as well :) The little thoughtful things like that are the things that keep me in love with him ;)