Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • What' s the funniest thing your pet does? >
  • What' s the funniest thing your pet does?

• What' s the funniest thing your pet does?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:10 PM

This isn't a "funny" thing , but it's worth sharing with you all... I have an English Bulldog named Champ, who is epileptic. I also have an American Bulldog named Bella. Bella alerts me just right in the moments before Champ has a seizure by juping up & running to him, then she pulls him to the ground with her front paws and legs (if I don't get there first); I think so he doesn't fall & hurt himself... you have to see it to believe it. She wasn't trained for this, but she was a puppy when I brought her home shortly after Champ's first seizure & I think she just somehow "learned" that he needs help. While he seizures, she stays by his side until he's ready to get up & she won't leave him until he's got his bearings again.
    Old 11-30-2010, 11:41 PM

Our dog Zoey used to hump blankets (we had to put her down in Sept. because of cancer). My kids (all older) thought it was so funny. A female dog ???
    Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 AM

Our Quaker parrot always has us in stitches, she can be very cheeky and if I tell her she is a naughty girl, she replies "Abbie GOOD girl" with a real emphasis on the word good. she is also trying to learn the song "this old man" but when it comes to "he played one" she refuses to say "one" she will put in any other word "he played tickles" "he played cuckoo" or any other combination it really makes us laugh.
    Our furbaby of 17 years passed away just after Christmas 2 years ago and I still can't bring myself to get another dog, but I can't be without a pet so we decided to get a bird, and we are really glad we did.
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:46 AM

My cat chases her tail and not just in the normal way, though she does that too. She will slowly walk backwards, looking back between her legs at her tail, until she stands up on her back legs, still walking backwards, and turn a flip to catch it.
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:48 AM
    Banned

Watches TV....not on, he sits in front of it til you turn it on.

Crunches cereal flakes (3) very very loud!
    Old 12-01-2010, 05:54 AM
    Power Poster

Oh, what funny stories! My bulldog Noel sleeps upside down with her paws together, forming a heart. Its so cute!
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:18 AM
    Banned

My Chihuahua sleeps under a little quilt on my lap a lot. She hears the music leading up to a commercial about pet food and knows before hand a dog will appear so she can jump down and go bark at it.She watches tv with us a lot,with her ears perked forward .When she is in another room and hears the music that lets you know something is going to "happen" in a movie she runs in to see what it is!!!
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:22 AM

Our cat "Cuddles" (no longer with us) loved to eat pieces of broccoli and cauliflower whenever I blanched them for freezing.
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 AM

This is where Buster likes to hang out (there's a desk lamp near him, he likes the heat & the sun). He sleeps on his back like that all over the house & loves it warm, goodness knows why, he's got a ton of long fur & he must weigh 10 lbs. I haven't had a cat since I was a kid, I'd forgotten the weird stuff cats do :lol:

buster
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]136566[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-136561.jpe  
    Old 12-01-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Aunt Fanny
    This isn't a "funny" thing , but it's worth sharing with you all... I have an English Bulldog named Champ, who is epileptic. I also have an American Bulldog named Bella. Bella alerts me just right in the moments before Champ has a seizure by juping up & running to him, then she pulls him to the ground with her front paws and legs (if I don't get there first); I think so he doesn't fall & hurt himself... you have to see it to believe it. She wasn't trained for this, but she was a puppy when I brought her home shortly after Champ's first seizure & I think she just somehow "learned" that he needs help. While he seizures, she stays by his side until he's ready to get up & she won't leave him until he's got his bearings again.
    Aww, this is a great story. What sweet babies you have. We too had a dog (german shorthair) named Dempsey who had epilepsy. It so hard to see them go thru this. He was a good ol boy! Thank you for sharing.