Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • what are you doing for lent >
  • what are you doing for lent

• what are you doing for lent

Old 02-18-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Good luck on the smoking, We quit 5 years ago with the help of the patch. Now the money we spent on smokes is now my truck payment.
    OOOOH I love it. Congratulations on quiting and on the truck! I really have to start thinking of the options!
    Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by minnow895
    i have been a heavy smoker for years for lent i am going to quit smoking this year i am working with the iowa quit line it is a soport program that i can call they have also provied me with two weeks of patches i decided that i have four butiful grand childer i would like to be arround long enough to see great grand childern and if i keep smoking that will not happen as i alredy have cronic broncitas so i am quiting for lent what is everone else doing
    My fiance is quitting by using electronic cigarettes - sounds weird, but he hasn't had a real one in nearly 2 weeks. They're about half the price of real cigarettes too!

For lent? I honestly haven't thought about it. I think I'll try to find 5 - 10 min. each day to just be quiet...
    Old 02-18-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Honey
    Good luck on the smoking, We quit 5 years ago with the help of the patch. Now the money we spent on smokes is now my truck payment.
    OOOOH I love it. Congratulations on quiting and on the truck! I really have to start thinking of the options!
    Thanks, she is my baby, I love the Hemi engine..lol I can get to Mach 1 in about 1.5 seconds...LOL
    Old 02-18-2010, 01:51 PM

Chasing Hawk, those woods behind your truck are just beautiful! (The truck is nice, too, but trucks don't excite me.)

Those of you who give up something for Lent, how successful are you? Do you take this more seriously than New Year's Resolutions? Is it easier, maybe because you know it won't last forever? Just wondering.
    Old 02-18-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne
    Chasing Hawk, those woods behind your truck are just beautiful! (The truck is nice, too, but trucks don't excite me.)

Those of you who give up something for Lent, how successful are you? Do you take this more seriously than New Year's Resolutions? Is it easier, maybe because you know it won't last forever? Just wondering.
    That picture was taken at our old house. I to love the woods, to me the forest is like my church. I love trucks and muscle cars. I can't wait till the snow starts to thaw a bit more in the mountains, my husband and I take our dogs out for long walks through the forest.
    Old 02-18-2010, 02:27 PM

Thanks, she is my baby, I love the Hemi engine..lol I can get to Mach 1 in about 1.5 seconds...LOL
    At what point does your hair catch on fire. When I met DH he had a yellow comaro. OMG I LOVED driving that car! Felt like I was flying, and in reality, I was!!
    Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Lisanne

I take it way more serious and yes, I am successful because I make up my mind to be. For me, it is giving back to God a small speck of what he gave me. It isn't a have too, but something that I want to do. I feel that it makes me stronger spiritually. I also see it as a time for more intense prayer and deeper reflection. This is just what I do. I'm not trying to convert anyone.
    Old 02-18-2010, 02:44 PM

At what point does your hair catch on fire. When I met DH he had a yellow comaro. OMG I LOVED driving that car! Felt like I was flying, and in reality, I was!!
    At Mach 1, by time you hit 1.5 ...you don't care. :P
    Old 02-18-2010, 03:36 PM
    Power Poster

Hey when I was 19 I had a Grand Torino yellow with flames! Now you want to talk about a guy magnet. LOL But I was married to my now ex and dead husband who was a fast car thug. LOL.
    Old 02-18-2010, 04:01 PM

"When I met DH he had a yellow comaro. OMG I LOVED driving that car! Felt like I was flying, and in reality, I was!!"

I just had my "88 Camaro painted a pretty purple. The only one around here for sure! She doesn't fly much anymore, but I still love her. I am a car person too. My brother raced until he was in his 50's, and has a business building racing engines. It seems to be in our blood. Have you seen the 2010 Cam's? They are pretty cool looking, also glad the Dodge Chargers are back.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-12309.jpe   attachment-12310.jpe